Register

Author Topic:
erutan2099
Council Member
Send Message
Post Bringing a Community Together...?
on: February 24, 2017 12:59
Hello everyone!

I was recently exploring different language sites such as www.omniglot.com and www.kli.org and a thought occurred.

The members of the KLI have an annual meeting they call a "qepmey" they hold in real life for what I understand is essentially a language conference.

Why can't Elvish speakers do something similar? Maybe set up monthly/yearly meeting points in major areas such as state capitals or gather at places like Comic-Con?

I am not talking just about CouncilofElrond members, I am also talking about all those who enjoy speaking the Language.

What do you think? Should we have a central gathering point?

I look forward to any responses or comments.
-Erunámo -"Istyallo, Ilu."
dirk_math
Quenya Workbook Mentor
Send Message
You could have a look at omentielva.com
Yassë engë lómë, anarties calali.
erutan2099
Council Member
Send Message
I had not heard of this. This is exciting news!

While I am certainly excited and plan to attend this event there is also the other aspect of my question. According to the website the Omentielva is held biennially, meaning it is only once every two years.

That is an awfully long time to go between major meetings; what about smaller scale meetings in more local areas?

Is there any sort of existing structure for enthusiasts to gather?

In my head I sort of have this glamorized idea of people maybe gathering in places like state capital libraries as an easy to remember/find location.
-Erunámo -"Istyallo, Ilu."
Haldir The Great
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 04/12/2017 by Haldir The Great]
Haldir The Great
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I am new here, and even though this has nothing to do with the topic, does anybody know what I have to download and print inorder to learn Quenya?
dirk_math
Quenya Workbook Mentor
Send Message
You don't have to download anything. Just visit our Quenya course:http://www.councilofelrond.com/readingcats/quenya-workbook/
Yassë engë lómë, anarties calali.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email