Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
DarkLord153
Council Member
Send Message
Post Another look on the movies
on: March 25, 2017 01:11
This is more of a game idea than a discuss the movies,but it does have to do with the movies.I'd love a game OR simulator that goes around the world of Middle-Earth,but not like Third Age (PS2) or Shadow of Mordor & War.Personally I would like a game to have more with the stories of each character,for example,we should get to play the story of Gimli or, Legolas or the entire Fellowship's journey to Mordor. If they can't do that,they should make some kind of simulator that let's you travel through Middle-Earth to explore it or you can get to play the big battles and stuff.This would take a lot of work-considering the amount of research they're going to have to do-but it would be an amazing game because,let's be real,who wouldn't want to see Legolas' story or see the battle of Pellenor fields?!
That Still Only Counts As One!
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
I don't know much about LOTR games but here's an attempt at creating Middle Earth.

Outerra make a planetary 3D simulator for gaming and they had started to make a Middle Earth planet that you can move around in. The project stalled for a while but it looks like people are continuing with it. Look in the forums for latest info. You can download the engine and the ME-DEM map data but it has a few issues. I haven't tried it yet, I don't know if my computer could cope, there's a huge level of detail.
http://www.outerra.com/

Here are the updated download links for the me-dem data.

There's also the Google 3D map of Middle Earth but I can't get that to work.
DarkLord153
Council Member
Send Message
Well, i believe my first touch with middle earth was actually with games,but its been years now and I can't remember. Still,because I've read the books and seen the movies, I started playing the games,and there's a hole lot of 'em.About Outerra though, I can't seem to find anything about Middle Earth,but never mind.
That Still Only Counts As One!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email