Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LordOfTheGeeks
Council Member
Send Message
Post Discord?
on: August 12, 2017 07:46
Do you guys have an official Discord server? If you don't know what that is, it's a app (on mobile and on computer) where you can create servers for people to join and chat. Unless you have one already, I think it would be a great way for members and admins to discuss about LOTR related (or not related) things.

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I go online with my notebook and home wlan, so I'm totally ignorant of mobile (smartphone, tablets, anything else?) stuff - except that I fear this site may not work well with those devices (one user I know of also has a tablet, and has dumped it as far as coming online here goes). Perhaps our Newbies admin gondolinian can help you out with further information. Introducing yourself in “Forum Home » Community » Newbies » NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!” usually gets his attention pretty quickly. Or of course you can PM him.

We have two possibilities of chatting here. One is through the "Who's Online" 'wide icon' (?) on the right of the taskbar at the bottom here, by clicking on anyone shown there, which opens another 'wide icon' of the sort for a one-to-one chat. These can be opened for more than one user, but they're all one-to-one chats in their own 'wide icons'. The other is through "Chatrooms", the 'wide icon' on the left of the taskbar. Haven't opened a chatroom and invited other users myself yet, always been invited, but it doesn't look to be too complicated. So my question, being utterly ignorant of what advantages "an official Discord server" may bring is: what are the advantages?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email