Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Post Is the book club active?
on: August 17, 2017 03:14
Just wondering if this place is still active since the last post seemed to be in March? Is the Silmarillion still being discussed or maybe a different book could be started?
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
I'm assuming it's inactive currently. I have been coming by everyday to see if someone would restart the book club. But, there aren't enough active members to restart this forum.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Drat. I was kind of hoping to have some people to read the Hobbit with.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I was active in the Silmarillion discussions which petered out a bit over a year ago. PotbellyHairyfoot is (hasn’t been replaced yet …) the moderator of the Books Discussion sub-forum. If I remember correctly, he had to take a time-out for health reasons back then in 2016. I heard from another user that he had again become active elsewhere, but perhaps CoE fell by the wayside when he may have come to the conclusion that he needed to slow things down in his life (I’m 61 myself; I can very much sympathize with such ruminations).
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
I remember PotbellyHairyfoot in his prime when I was a young teenager. He was so active here when CoE was popular. We even had a sister site for gardening or something like that. I forget what the sister site was called now. Or was it another section of CoE.... My memory is hazy.

I never had the chance to join the Book Club because of school but now that I am much older I have plenty of time.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I’m willing to “sound” like an idiot here, sairina, but then I was quite active in the last book discussion forum led by PotbellyHairyfoot (he was the official mod and more so). Just chuck in a comment on any of the relevant threads and I will come up with some kind of response (yes, I have for a long time not done what I now suggest that you do, but I’m an old coot over 60 years old who sometimes needs a kick in the backside to get active in more that the Games Forum (where I have few competitors for activity – one, to be precise (it used to be two, but that’s a sad story)).
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
I will make sure to come by and pop in and out like you said. I perfectly understand if I don't hear from some members life can get complicated sometimes. It has happened to me and I became inactive for so many years. The last time I was active the realm of Ulmo was pretty alive but my friends are gone now.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
The Realm of Vaire is alive and active sairina
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Lord_Sauron said:The Realm of Vaire is alive and active sairina

Maybe I should switch to Vaire. If new members do join the realm of Ulmo I will go back. I have been with the realm of Ulmo since I joined.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Evil~Shieldmaiden, ~nólemë~ and I are also active in Vairë, sarina.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Okie dokie guys, you have convinced me. I will be joining Vaire today.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email