Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Newra
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: What scene would you add...?
on: March 25, 2003 07:49
i dunno celebelin, i think, from watching every single darn thing on the ee dvd (including pj's commentary) that they would have loved to put him in, but it just slowed the movie too much, they needed to get the pace going quicker to begin with. but hey, whatever,

~Newra
hey, did anyone see the cast commentary and watch until the credits were over? at the very end billy goves a shout out to tom, i thought it was sweet.
morgana03
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2003 03:49
white[color] There are a couple scenes that occurred in Rivendell in the book that I would have liked to have seen in the movie. The first being the scene with Bilbo and Aragorn and also the dinner scene whiere Frodo was sitting on some pillows talking to a Dwarf)I can't recall which one off the top of my head). I thought it established that Aragorn was more than a wandering Ranger.
Newra
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 31, 2003 11:13
it was gloin.

yeah, that would have been cool, and maybe the great hall with the fire and singing and stuff. and i always thought it was funny when bilbo is talking to aragorn after dinner and asks why he wasnt there. then he says

the lady arwen was there...

that kinda established that aragorn and arwen were an item, for me. lol...im weird...

~Newra
i_luv_orlando_b
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2003 06:26
Probably the part where they make them put blindfolds on to go into Lothlorien....I think that would be funny...or when Legolas talks to the Elves in the trees, and he jumps up and swings around on a branch..
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2003 10:52
-The scouring of the Shire
-Huorns at Helm's Deep
-Warg attack on Fellowship outside of Moria
-more Eothain and Freda stuff!

[Edited on 5/4/2003 by neo222]
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: May 09, 2003 10:20
Arrgghh! So many!

~The bit after the bath at Crickhollow. Can anyone else just see EW as Frodo coming out of the door with water trickling through, drying his hair with a towel saying "I am NOT going back in there"?
~The letter. I love the "All that is gold" poem to pieces.
~Anduril at the Council
~More tension between Legolas and Gimli for the ontrast after Lothlorien
~Legolas--"I go to find the sun"
~Boromir's gift
Also in TTT after Faramir says "A chance for Faramir, captain of Gondor, to show his quality" I want Sam's reply, something along the lines of "and you have sir, the best quality there is" badly quoted, sorry.
Kiss
ElvenBeauty321
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2003 03:37
Ok,Ok, I know this has been said a million times, but I would like more Legolas/Gimli interactions. Legolas doesn't have enough lines anyway. He needs to be more than just the mute good-looking elf. In the book he's a lot more cheerful, like his singing. I thought the part about him going to find the sun was good too. Again you see his cheerfullness, he's the only one that all the snow hasn't gotten down. And Gimli needs his dwarvish pride back, though they give him some in the movie, it doesn't seem like its enough.

The "All that is gold does not glitter" poem too. It helps establish Aragorn's character in my opinion. And anyway, its a beautiful poem.

And I think Glorfindel should have found them with the wraiths chasing them instead of Arwen. Then Frodo should go across the river alone, and then stand up to the wraiths. He is shown as being much stronger in the books. The movie has him a bit...wimpy. Someone usually needs to save him. In the book he saved them from the Barrow-wights, and then did the whole 'don't give into the wraiths' scene, though in the movie he's half-dead and Arwen did it for him. I guess they did that(along with her taking Glorfindels role) just to help develop Arwens character, but I don't really like it.
Eothain222
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2003 05:35
I'd also like to see Gandalf ambushed by Nazgul on weathertop.
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2003 09:14
I haven't read the books.. :blush: But I would add much more scenes with Eowyn!! She's so Lovely
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2003 12:03
After re-reading FotR, I realize just how much I miss Gildor. That's such a lovely little piece! It's just very sweet and well... I dunno, otherwordly? I can't describe it very well, I'm just saying I miss it now. Haven't seen the EE yet but I know they didn't leave in the whole meeting with the Elves and all their dialogue.
Nightwraith
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2003 01:29
I would stay unoriginal and say I would want to add Tom Bombadil and yes, I guess more interaction between Gimli and Legolas, as they apparently were very good friends. Also, I hope very much that they add Aragorn's Army of dead in RotK
Ereinion
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 10, 2003 02:18
How can anyone (Vyse, not to name any names) say they would cut Tom?!? That entire section (about 8 chapters) should have been there.

Then again, I also say the movie should have been exactly like the book...
Glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2003 01:28
Glorfindel and Crickhollow. I wanted to hear pippin's bath song.
Eowyn22
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 08:14
This list is a little long...

-More Legolas/Gimli fights
-Eowyn in glittering caves
-Aragorn & Bilbo's trolls
-Pippin's bath song
-The feast in Rivendell
-Faramir & Eowyn
-The Houses of Healing
-Crickhollow
-The Barrow-downs
-Galadriel's song
-Gimli & Eomer
-Faramir
-Merry/Pippin w/ Uruk-hai
-Old Man Willow
-Merry not knowing Dernhelm was Eowyn
-Aragorn's doubt about Minas Tirith
-Beregond
-Frodo BY HIMSELF in the Ford
-Ents
-Sam & Mirror of Galadriel
-The Voice of Saruman
-Huorns in Helm's Deep
-Ghan-buri-Ghan
-More Paths of the Dead
-Goldberry & Tom
-Gimli's Dwarven Pride
-Sam argueing w/ Faramir
-Eowyn begging to fight
-Frodo's leadership
-Glorfindel

-
Moonwalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 12:14
I really wanted to see Glorfindel .
Oh...and Faramir SHOULD have been that REAL Faramir.

[Edited on 5/3/2004 by Moonwalker]
Merry_Pippin_8
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 05:19
Probably the absolute cutest scene in the book (in my opinion) is when Sam, Frodo, ands Pippin arrive at Crickhollow and Merry and Fatty(?) are waiting for them with three bathtubs. Pippin starts singing and splashes water all over the room!!(its so funny...) it really helps to establish Pippin's character, as well as everybody elses. It wasn't neccesary to the movie (and pretty immpossible since they never went to Crickhollow) but I guess the scene could have been in Bag End.
So what scene would you add...?

That's a good idea...that's one of my favorite parts in the book. They should have put that on the EEs or something.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email