Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Modern Major Tolkien Fan
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: poll: How many pets do you have?
on: November 04, 2012 07:17
We just got two new guinea pigs a couple of days ago. Hershey is a dark chocolate brown (hence the name "Hershey")and Reeses is a sandy brown colour. I originally wanted to name them Gandalf and Saruman, but that didn't go over to well.
1-3
53% (8)
4-8
25% (4)
9-12
8% (1)
13-18
4% (7)
19-24
1% (1)
25-30
1% (1)
30-35
2% (4)
36-45
0% (0)
above 45
6% (9)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2012 07:53
I have 13 pets in my life. All rescue cats except one. Their names are: Grizabella, Sarabi, Legolas, Strider, Mickey Meows, Drago, Cassiopeia, Sparkle, Starr, Maggie May, Captain Jack, Kiefer and Gandalf.

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2012 05:55
Cute names! My family has a German Shepard, 20+ chickens, 10 cats (some we'll try to give away), 2 parakeets and I own a blue betta.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2012 06:58
I am so fussy about pet names. The longest it took me to name a pet was 4 weeks.

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 12:48
i have no pets. bummer.
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 08:29
Well I have two cats, Nienya(American short hair, with a pure black coat) and Tyndel (American short hair, with a grey coat that has speckles of yellow on her toes). But my sister has four dogs...all black labs except for one, Lexie, Moose, Prestly, and Jake(he's the brown one).
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2013 05:32
I have three male cats, Luigie, Baby Iege, and Paul. I have two female cats, Brave and Trudie. I have one male dog named Dafi. He is a Rhodesian Ridge back. My rabbits are both female, one is a Californian and one a Flemish Giant! Their names Raspberry (she is only 6 weeks old!) and Flower. My fish are Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, and Fredigar Boldger.
Draketh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2013 01:22
I have two little guinea pigs
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2013 05:40
I have a hound/husky mix dog named Speca (she's from the SPCA, so that's where her name is from cuz us siblings couldn't agree on a name). She looks like a hound but has blue eyes and a curly tail, like a husky. I also have a cat named Flo Jo (previously named OverFlo because she was quite...portly...at one time). Lastly I have a gray bunny (Flemish Giant, to be exact) named Steven who is ridiculously fluffy, sheds like there's no tomorrow, and is absolutely adorable and huge. We used to have more pets, such as our Sun Conure (a bird) named Skittles because he was all colors of the rainbow-in order-but unfortunately much too noisy. When I move out, all my pets (and maybe even my kids someday) will have names influenced by LotR!
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2013 08:07
Let's see two cats, Nienya, and Tyndel. Then my sister has four dogs, Lexie, Moose, Jake and Prestly...Sadly only Prestly gets along with the cats...the rest wants to eat them cept Moose he's not sure about them yet.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2013 09:35
I have two birdies! I wanted a cat, but that just isn't going to work out any time soon.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2013 08:32
it seems to me a lot of people on COE have birds!
Grizzwald
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2013 11:15
where do you see the results?
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: February 22, 2013 11:50
This thread was initiated not as a poll, but for some reason showed up as one. There is no way to retrieve that data, unfortunately, nor any way to convert it to a poll where percentages can be calculated.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2013 07:01
from reading all the post on the topic about pets. many many people say they have birds.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2013 04:45
I've got 3 pets currently. Dog-Speca-F Cat-Flo-F Bunny-Steven-M In the past, I've had hermit crabs, toads, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, and fish. I love animals!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I have a dwarf hamster called Twilight, a fish called Lila, my sister has a fish called Motra and a hamster called Cinnamon, and my mum has a horse called Snowstorm (I named him)and a fish called Mango.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
I used to have 16 at once, 15 cats and a bunny. four of the kitties have since passed, so now only 11.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have one doggy named Lily.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have 11 cats. And they are never outside. The closest they get to *danger* is my screen porch. A cat kept outside is merely an animal you feed.

[Edited on 01/13/2014 by Lindarielwen]
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
At one point we had 4 dogs, 3 cats and 2 hamsters, but it drove my mother mad and now we only have three dogs. A couple of poodles, Missy and Neguinho, and their daughter, Phoebe. But we mostly call them Pissy, Stinky and Crazy. Their main characteristics, lol.

[Edited on 01/13/2014 by LadyElarinya]
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
We have 4 cats, 1 dog (German Shepard), 2 parakeets, about 40 something chickens, I don't know how many fish (20 something I think). Yeah, we have a good amount of pets. We used to have about 18 cats (that was crazy!).
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Qweragon
Council Member
Send Message
We have 2 lovely cats and the other one is still kitten. I just love cats. ^^ Oh and we had two aquariums, but not anymore.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Qweragon, go check out Cat Lovers Unite at the Prancing Pony! What are the names of your cats? ,,,^.^,,,

Welcome to the Council of Elrond!

[Edited on 02/07/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
I used to have 15 cats, 1 dog, and a rabbit. our number of cats shrank to 11 after several sad road accidents. we lost our dog too. we have since adopted a dog! we now have a grad total of:
11 cats
1 dog
1 rabbit

and counting!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email