Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I do not think I have a nickname...I get called Elf Girl or My Lady...but those are not consistent...

Well, you know, I do get called by my CoE name..Lindarielwen..still though, not all the time.

Go back to page 4 for name guesses.

[Edited on 09/24/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
You are correct, Lindarielwen! My name is Jewel!

Jew, Gem, and Jay are all derivitaves.
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My name is Julia! And I get called Jewel, Jewel!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Well hi, namesake!!! (Kinda?)

I forgot to put one of my most common nicknames on the list. Everyone likes to call me:

Jewel-you-are-a-Jewel.

It's nice the first five times...and then it gets really annoying.

[Edited on 09/25/2014 by OneSizeFitsAll]
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I see what you mean. Some sounds are so easy to rhyme with, especially Ju and Je.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
It depends on how people have come to know me. I am a 'junior' in my given name. So, I have a childhood nickname that is no longer used. I have been called 'cowboy' by some. *scratches head* not sure where that comes from. I have heard other names thrown out in my direction, but they ain't fit for repeatin on such a respectable forum.
"Sundown: 'Sexy, right?' Abby: 'Oh yeah, baby. You're so hot right now, if I was a chicken I'd lay hard-boiled eggs.'" ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Retribution
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
Wow. Triple post. I outdid lindarielwen! Bonus points?

Mod note: Removing the excess posts for you and lindarielwen.

[Edited on 09/27/2014 by BelleBayard]
"Sundown: 'Sexy, right?' Abby: 'Oh yeah, baby. You're so hot right now, if I was a chicken I'd lay hard-boiled eggs.'" ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Retribution
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I will have you know, sir, that I as well have triple posted and more than once. Let BelleBayard know and she will delete them.

I am going for a quad!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
OMG!! OMG!!! What the heck did I just do???? What is a fiver called? OMG!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Quint. New nickname for Linda, all? (also one letter away from what her avatar makes the rest of us do: Squint!) Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I did a quint! I did a quint! That has got to be some sort of record.

No, no, don't call me Quint....laughing fit
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
Show off
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Has duly been fixed.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Wow! Awards and handshakes all around for the two of you!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey thanks, Belle. Wow, that was incredible!!! I wish I took a pic of it...LOL

I quinted. I quinted.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, you should have, because I didn't get to see it.

Now, back to nicknames...

I am also called Shell by a couple of my friends.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, you should have, because I didn't get to see it.

Now, back to nicknames...

I am also called Shell by a couple of my friends.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
You doubled! You doubled! You're on your way, Shell. I totally love that nickname for you.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen said:I did a quint! I did a quint! That has got to be some sort of record.

No, no, don't call me Quint....laughing fit

OK, then how about Squint?

Just thought about it, I think quint occurs in music - musicians, please help me out here?

Now everyone knows how the Pentagon is shaped, right?
By that terminology Lindarielwen pented.
And just one additional post - think Greek hexamater - would mean:
Lindarielwen would have hexed.

[Edited on 09/28/2014 by Gandolorin]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Lindarielwen. I think it is one of my better nicknames.

I do not think I have a nickname...I get called Elf Girl or My Lady...but those are not consistent...

Recently (I think it may have been yesterday) my younger brother opened the door for me and said, "My Lady." and gestured for me to walk through.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
*looks impressed* Wow, MarShell...you have nice brothers. Catch my brother saying something like that...he'd more likely say "Dumb Blonde" (which, btw, is one of my other common nicknames I forgot to mention...)
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Ha. They are only nice when they want to be.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Do they ever want to be? *looks even more impressed*

*Shakes head* Brothers...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Quintet means group of five, Gando, like two violins, a viola, a cello, and a bass.

Now, we better get back on topic!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, apparently. At least they aren't rude and annoying all the time. Just most of it... Just kidding. I have pretty awesome brothers (and sisters) overall.

Yes, we had better, or we might all get thrown out.

Uh...I can't think of any other nicknames of mine right now.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My Spanish teacher calls me the Spanish equivalent of "French Vice President," vice presidente francés
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I need a nickname!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
OneSizeFitsAll said:*looks impressed* Wow, MarShell...you have nice brothers. Catch my brother saying something like that...he'd more likely say "Dumb Blonde" (which, btw, is one of my other common nicknames I forgot to mention...)

My wife and oldest son are blonde; your brothers wouldn't want to call them dumb; they would be schooled (my wife is working on her second masters degree).
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor said:I need a nickname!

Tempting but, this is a PG-13 site so I'll just move along....
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
To me, *Dumb Blonde* is not a nickname. It is an insult. If I were blonde I would not tolerate anyone calling me that. Actually, if I were blonde, no one would dare call me such a thing.

Hey Cenor, do you want a nickname that has to do with your interests? Gunner? Bullet? Target?
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
The worst of it is I'm not even Blonde!!!! I was born blonde, but my hair is now brown. If someone mistook it for anything but brown, it would be red. Not blonde.

My bros say once a blonde, always a blonde, but they used to be blonde themselves...

*sigh* They don't exactly mean it as an "insult". They just like to tease. *shakes head*
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Sundown said:
Cenor said:I need a nickname!

Tempting but, this is a PG-13 site so I'll just move along....

Oh now you've just made me curious.

No! No! No! Please not Target! Seriously last year EVERYONE thought my toes had targets on them two years ago! In fact I painted targets on my toenails. But my mom thought my they looked like a drop of blood so that made them cool. Which brings me to the name my mom calls me when she edits my writing. Morbid.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
OneSizeFitsAll said:I was born blonde, but my hair is now brown.
Me and my daughter were born blonde and turned brown too
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor said:
Oh now you've just made me curious.

They say curiosity kills the cat... what's it do to a smaug impersonator?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hey I'm corrupted! I've always loved dragons.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email