Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elfhild
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Are you an Only Child?¿
on: January 01, 2004 02:49
I was an only child to the age of 7, then I got a sister, and another and one more I was soo proud to be a big-sister (do you called it that in english?? :dizzy: ) althoug when they all reached the Teen-age I was happy to move to my own place
Yes
41% (3)
No
47% (3)
I wish
13% (1)
mírfain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2004 07:50
I'm not an only child... I have 2 sisters(both are and a brother(who's 11) ...
Vanwaelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 03:52
Most of the time I enjoy being the only child (more presents on Birthdays and Christmas!! ), but sometimes I wish that I had that someone to talk to.

[Edited on 12/3/2004 by Vanwaelen]
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 03:53
Looking at these posts from the "other side of 40", I remember all the squabbles I had with my siblings. I'm the youngest of 7! You talk about bossed around!! Even now I see some of it and am sometimes amused, sometimes ticked off. For the most part though, it does get better as you grow up.

I was only able to have one son (the best thing that I ever did in my life, thank you very much) who's out on his own. He has always wished for a younger sister. But since I have 14 nieces and nephews and my family does a LOT together, he never really felt the pangs of lonliness too badly. At least that's what he tells me. "It wasn't too bad, Mom." He's a blessing.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 08:48
I do have a sister, but we haven't spoken to each other for coming up on 4 years now. She lives in the same area as I do, and I have seen her around on the odd occasion, but we don't speak.

Still, that's life.
Krazi4Kirby
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2004 06:03
I love being an only child! I've got two little cousins I see on weekends, so I get a taste of having siblings... which makes my love my only-ness even more! ^_^
erwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 05:50
I'm an only child and happy! lol. And K. You think you have a lot of siblings. My dad had 15 other brothers and sisters with one bathroom and 2 bedrooms. Oh what fun that must have been!
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2004 11:56
I have an older and a younger brother. I've never minded being the middle child. I use to pray for a sister when I was little, though.
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 07:08

yes i am an only child, which i´m usually kinda happy about, except maybe when i´m on holiday with my parents (like i am at the moment) because i´m left with no one to talk to. v boring

I know what you mean. I always bring lots of books and cds!!!
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2004 08:50
well.. I was the only child until my mother met and married my stepdad Christopher... then all of a sudden I was the youngest of five...
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 10:51
I couldn't choose on your poll. I'm both. :dizzy:
I was raised Only.
I have 2 half sisters and a half brother all same father, I've never seen any of them in person.
I was born 1983.
My half sister, born in 1990, she lives with her mom and stepdad and stepbro.
My half sister, b. 1998 and bro 2000 are full sibs and live with our dad.

I email the 1990 one, the other two are too young.

Also, I consider myself to be the 2nd eldest of 6. My mom had abortions. #1 was because of family issues and bad timing. 3-6 were because my father was a JERK, and told my mom that if she didn't "take care" of them, he would. So, she did it for me.
Boy is my family screwy or what. :dizzy:
I also have who knows how many 4? stepbros and sisters and step nieces and nephews from my mom's marriage. I haven't met any of them, and they were grown when she married, so I don't think it counts.

My twin's cousin's children, all under 8 are like my siblings. Does that count?
Psyche_the_Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2004 07:55
Hey guys, I'm new to this whole site but I'll introduce myself soon enough... Anyway, I think I'm just as far from being an only child as you can get: I have 8 siblings at present. Sometimes when I get mad at my little sister or feel like strangling my little brother (who can do a perfect Gollum immitation and also looks/acts like Gollum) I wish I was an only child but most of the time I'm content where I am. However, I know that as soon as I graduate I'll move out of the house! I want some privacy and independence!!!!!
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2004 12:41
nice and middling here. Older half-sis (nine years older), older half-bro (seven years? I think? older), both same mother different father. Then I have a younger sister who's five years younger than me. Annoying as something-very-annoying.

My brother and I used to fight over who was the "middle-est"... -- "I am!" "I am!!" "Are NOT!" "Are too!!" lol. my poor parents.

But my older bro's moved out, although recently my older sis moved back in, so, 'snot bad. Not wonderful but not bad. Especially because my sis barely ever uses the computer.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2004 07:57
I've got an older brother whom I love very muchly (even if he does bug me...a lot). He should be leaving for college in a year or so. It makes me kinda sad but then I remember I can take his room :evil:
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2004 09:52
i'm the youngest of 4. two brothers and 1 sister and i love then dearly, won't change them for the world. a few years back i would i have said i wish but , being 17, i' ve found things have got alot better. especially when my sister moved out. don't get me wrong, i love her and she spiols me rotten somethimes, it's just you can only spend so much time with her (very very very short fuse, and can be very bitchy).

my younger older brother, things got wrose before they got better. we still argue and moan at each other, but all we have is each other as, bob (my older older bro) moved to university.
bob (robert), the one at uni, he's the one i get on with the best. we love mostly the same things and understand each other the best. (i'm the one on the phone to him for acouple of hours when we ring him each week)

one of our family friends, and my brothers best friend, is like a brother to me. he's been coming round our house since i was 7, and so has seen me grow up. he lives up north, but i find i can talk to him about some things i can't with my siblings.

i look back on my childhood and see its not as bad as i thought at the time. of course alot of my fun memories are with my brothers raher then my sister as shes 7 tyears older then me, but i have great memories with her too. especially her friends absoultly loving me, and even convinced my sis once to let me stay durying he sleepover. (me and marc went down stairs to listen into their convosation, and my sister opened the door. i didn't run fast enough, which turned out to be a great thing).
frolijahlover
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 04:29
i am not lonely...........i have an evil brother:evil: older than me w/ 4 years i dont wish to be lonely but i wish i had a sister
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 05:37
No, I have two younger brothers, aged 14 and 16. I hate being the older sister though but I've never wished to be an only child, but I've always wanted a sister

~ Grima

[Edited on 4/2/2005 by GrimaWormtongue]
punk_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2005 01:43
I'm an only child. I sometimes think it would be cool to have a sibling, but then I think of my mom ( she's second in five) and her 'horror' stories, and I'm thankful.
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
on: July 30, 2005 01:48
I am an only child. Sometimes I wish I had an older brother... But I have now:
a LOTR sister
three LOTR nephews
CoE
StC
and many friends,
so I'm content. :disco:
Image Reeling and foundering, as ever more strong/ The chanting swelled, Felagund fought,/ And all the magic and might he brought/ Of Elvenesse into his words./ Softly in the gloom they heard the birds/ Singing afar in Nargothrond,/ The sighing of the Sea beyond,/ Beyond the western world, on sand,/ On sand of pearls in Elvenland.
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 11:35
I consider myself an only child now. My sister broke contact with me 5 years ago for whatever reasons she thought she had. Her loss!!

Anyway I have my extended family of sisters, and brothers, here on CoE. :love:
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: August 07, 2005 04:58
I've got an older sister and older brother.

Sometimes it's hard having siblings, specially if your the youngest. You have to live up to your older siblings' performances, like in school work and so on. And when you're younger you always get clothes, skis and toys that have once belonged to them. You almost never get anything new. And they can be really annoying too sometimes.
But i love them, there's no changing that..
LOTRluver43235
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2005 10:04
1 older brother who's almost 21

surprisingly, we get along pretty well. we talk about the same teachers we had, our parents, friends, the world, sports, politics, and other random stuff. he's off at college most of the time, so it sure feels like i'm an only child, except the overshadowing of parents wanting me to succeed like he did.
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2008 05:34
I have One Sister who is 5 years older than me . . . she delivers lectures !!! :love: . . . nah! she looks after me kinda . . . feeds me up & thinks she's advising me meaningfully !! (My Mum passed on to other shores when i was but 10 . . )

Rose, sad for you but you are a dear kind lady & it is indeed her loss :love:
Lady_Tiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2008 07:43
An only child? Hardly. I'm the oldest of soon-to-be-eight. :disco:
Eletúrë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2008 01:56
I have a sister, (3 years older than me). I'm pretty happy with that.
She can be annoying, but I cant complain.
Emma_Leigh
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2008 11:39
Looking at it one way, yes I'm an only child, but looking at it another way... no. I guess it all depends on how you view half-siblings. I have a half-sister (we share the same mum, different dads), but I was raised with her for most of my life so I've never felt like an only child at all, and I've always introduced her to other people as my sister, adding after they comment on how different we look, "Oh we have different dads, that's why".

To be honest, I like having only one sibling, I'd go crazy with any more (or my parents would, more to the point) and I get along with my sister, except for the moments when I realise she's double my age and then I get all :twitch: hehe.
TinwerínaMíriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2008 09:12
I am an only child. There were times when I wished I had a brother or a sister. My childhood friend had an older brother and a younger sister and I thought it awesome. Right now I don't really mind, got used to the situation and actually enjoy it
Eusonia
Council Member
Send Message
I did have two brothers but sadly one is no longer with us.
I miss you. I miss you both. I miss you every week, ever day, every hour, every minute. Every second I shatter once more under the weight I have to carry. My heart bleeds afresh from this old wound.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I'm an only child. I did ask for a brother when I was young, but it was a no go. I either thrilled them to bits, or scared them to death. LOL
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have one younger sister and an older brother who has since passed.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It's just me.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Siblings are both curses and blessings - some are close, some can't stand each other. I had 2 kids because I was raised as an only child and had no one when my folks passed on far too early. However, I have friends who have become my new family in addition to my son and daughter (and her family). I really didn't miss siblings when I was growing up as I had lots of imagination to keep me going. It wasn't till 1979, when my mother passed (4 years after my father) at a few days shy of 50 that I realized I was really and truly alone. Now all my grandparents are gone and I have VERY few blood relatives. It's good to have siblings, but if you don't, you can develop a non-blood related family that will keep you close.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I always say that my close friends and I are related, especially if I have known them for 14+ years. Hey, might as well!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I'm an only child. I don't remember any feelings either way until I was ten, which is when we moved to the US. But then, the neighbors all had children, so mostly, there were kids about my own age and older around.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I've got an older sister...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email