Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
See ya get an early warning system!
"Sundown: 'Sexy, right?' Abby: 'Oh yeah, baby. You're so hot right now, if I was a chicken I'd lay hard-boiled eggs.'" ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Retribution
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
At the least. Did you all know that babies are all born with blue eyes?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Um...no. My nephew had brown eyes the day he was born. Maybe they changed really fast, but I don't know.
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
nope, they are not all born with blue eyes.
It is true though that a lot are born with lighter color eyes.
Melanin production generally increases during the first year of a baby's life, leading to a deepening of eye color. The color is often stable by about 6 months of age.
"Sundown: 'Sexy, right?' Abby: 'Oh yeah, baby. You're so hot right now, if I was a chicken I'd lay hard-boiled eggs.'" ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Retribution
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmm..I thought we were all born with blue eyes as well. See how being a Council member is a learning experience?

I asked someone their eye colour last night and was told they were the colour of the forest. I was not sure what colour that is...green, brown, black? Seems like it is all of them combined.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I learned in Bio that we are all born with blue eyes, but that the colors change from anywhere to three hours to a month. Hm, perhaps new research?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I know that kittens are born with blue eyes and they change colour as the kitten gets older. Many years ago, a white kitten with ice blue eyes came into my life. Her eyes never changed.

I just looked it up and it says babies are all born with blue or grey eyes and the colour can change before the baby's first birthday. It has something to do with the baby being in the dark before it is born.

Well, my eyes are green and I am glad.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Did it mention how quickly the eyes can change?
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Good gracious, so we are all correct.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Apparently that is true most of the time, but certainly not all. According to my mother (and she knows what she's talking about!), three of us were born with brown eyes (myself included). She said they were more "opaque" at first and got "brighter" as time went on, but remained brown. My other siblings were born with silvery-bluish eyes; three turned hazel and two turned brown.

So I suppose it really just depends.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I have brown eyes. Actually my favorite are my nephew's eyes. They are green with shots of brown if that makes sense.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
My favourite eyes belong to my friend's little sister. They are a dark, opaque brown...almost black...and are really liquid and deep.
lady_emilie
Council Member
Send Message
Mine are green with bits of gold and sometimes blue or brown in them. People say they're unusual and I don't like them, I wish they were a normal colour
Fool of a Took!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the Council, lady_emilie!

I remember when I hated my green eyes. Oh, how i longed for a *normal* colour! Give me blue! Give me brown! Anything but this horrid green.

I don't remember when it happened, but someone told me I had crystal green eyes. Hmmmmm...crystal green. I took a good long look at them and realized that everyone can see my eyes but me. I started to notice other peoples eyes and came to *see* that they were mostly the same colour...all but mine.

Now, I love them. No one has the same eye colour as me. My eyes are unique. They belong to only me as do yours. Take a good look at them....they are uniquely you!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Lady_Emilie your eyes sound beautiful! As do yours Lindarielwen! I have always admired green eyes
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
lizandroll_the_troll
Council Member
Send Message
I have blue gray eyes that are quite changeable. The color changes based on how I feel and is accentuated by what I wear. Sometimes, they are close to green. Sometimes, there are hazel flecks surrounding the lighter colors. Recently, they have been pretty brilliant blues--I love it. They looked especially awesome last week when I dressed up as Eowyn in a blue robe.

One of my sisters has blue eyes, but the rest of my family have eyes on the brown spectrum.

One family I know has the COOLEST blue eyes. They are all clear blue....with a perfect circle of white dots at the very edge. Every single one of them has these "starry" eyes.

[Edited on 11/06/2015 by lizandroll_the_troll]
Hawkins
Council Member
Send Message
mine are a deep blue, kinda like the sky above the ocean, you know how it always looks darker than the sky over the land.
Lothriel
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
My eyes started off as hazel, which is a mixture of brown and green, but as I grew up they changed to a distinctive dark green colour without the brown, and with a barely there blue ring around the iris.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I have blue/grey eyes. Have ever since I was born. My 2nd grandson has these same blue/grey eyes. My wife says my eyes appear more 'blue' some days and more grey other days.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
DarkLord153
Council Member
Send Message
My eyes are straight black. I'm the only person on my family/friends that has such dark eyes :/
That Still Only Counts As One!
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email