Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
treejumper17
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Aragorn and Eowyn's Romantic Realationship
on: January 30, 2004 06:49
I'm with you Gwathhenator. I do not recall her throwing herself at Aragorn like that in the books, and it makes her seem a little pathetic.

My major complaint with the excuse for this action was that if they beleived that they had to add more romance to the movies, then why did they cut the only one that was front and center (Faramir and Eowyn of course) out? I mean, they made such a big deal out of this poor girl searching so hard for love and then when she finds it they don't show us. That just doesn't make sense to me.
Celebrianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 06:46
Well, we can certainly see now whom Aragorn loves. Did you see the look on his face when he saw Arwen. My heart almost stopped. THAT LOOK

I think Eowyn and Farimir have much more in common. They both had difficult lives. Farimir who never received Denethor's love and Eowyn who was forced to wait upon an uncle who was not affectionate. In the end, I think F&E would be a healing source for each other.

A&A in my opinion had much more in common. Besides the history, I think the movie strongly portrayed their bond. The way he confided in her and the way she always reassured him to remain hopeful. I dont think Aragorn opened himself to anyoneelse.
Lila_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 11:58
I kinda think that she had a crush on Aragorn, but her true love was Faramir :love: .. Perhaps Aragorn was attracted to her, but like with Eowyn to Faramir, his heart went to Arwen.

Take Care,
~* Lila

I like how Faramir puts it in the book ROTK...that Eowyn looked to Aragorn as a soldier looks to his capitan...and adores his capitan. It's just that Eowyn mistook that feeling for love. And Aragorn still really loves Arwen.

[Edited on 20/3/2004 by Lila_Elensar]
Taraisilwèn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 02:20
When I first saw TTT I was angry at PJ for making it to a love triangle, but I when i saw it again and again, I realized that it really wasn't. At least not for the people who have read the books. eowyn had a crush on him, aragorn cared for her as he care for every good human/elf/hobbit/dwarf... creature...

It's a shame we didn't see more of Eowyn and Faramir really, I hope it's more on RotK EE, do you think we'll se more of A/A wedding? I don't, but I want to!
Vanya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 02:22
There was definitely some flirting on Eowyn's part, but Aragorn didn't reciprocate. He was merely being polite and courteous, and treating Eowyn like the Daughter of Kings she was. Unfortunately, Eowyn took that politeness to be flirting, and so she got hurt for it. And while Aragorn obviously thought about Eowyn and her feelings, his heart never really turned from Arwen. Also, Aragorn obviously felt bad when he hurt Eowyn; it's not like he's a player or anything.
WhiteDragonfly
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 08:57
Now, I know that almost everyone is gonna disagree with me here, but I'm gonna say this anyway!

Eowyn and Aragorn would make a better couple than Arwen and Aragorn.

Eowyn and Faramir make a better couple than Eowyn and Aragorn would.

Arwen should have married another Elf.

Aragorn should have married someone else. I don't know who.
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 09:37
Nice vision. Can you also tell us why you think that?
EruanwenSaeriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 11:44
One submitter said that the scriptwriters threw Eowyn at Aragorn. I don't think that's true. I think she let her feelings be known, and there is an embrace at the end of the TTT (at least in the extended version - I forget what the theatre version showed). But Aragorn never, ever reciprocated.

I think the movie makers got it just about right - except for one thing - they left her hanging in the theatre version - because in the ROTK, the Houses of Healing thing is left out.

In the Houses of Healing, she struggles with her love of Aragorn, wants to die, almost does, and then Faramir "saves" her by helping her to get past her unrequitted love of Aragorn, allowing her to see Faramir for who he is - someone who loves her back. A lovely story. I really do hope that the Extended DVD of the ROTK has the Houses of Healing in it. It would tie up one really big loose end.
Eowyn22
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 07:06
We all know about Eowyn,but Aragorn....he loves her as a FRIEND.

[Edited on 12/4/2004 by Eowyn22]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email