Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
eldir
Mirkwood Enigma
Send Message
Post What does your username REALLY mean??
on: May 04, 2003 06:22
Ok, you'll need to go to a search engine for this, but it's worth it! What do you think will come up when you type your username in?
I typed in mine, and it is apparently an old Viking character! Eldir(fire-kindler)was a servant to a Norse god! What does everyone else get?
Envinyatare
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What does your username REALLY mean??
on: May 05, 2003 03:07
Mine brings up the Quenya Lapseparma website, which is where I got it (It also brings up a LiveJournal user that is not me... she doesn't even appear to be a Tolkien fan so I'm wondering how she came up with the name...)

[Edited on 5/5/2003 by Envinyatare]
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: May 05, 2003 03:12
LOL hmmm type k into a search engine and i get a bunch of websites about buisness' exciting huh?!

or even more exciting: k is the value that you work out to determine if a value is reactant favoured or product favoured! nice bit of science in my name....

[Edited on 5/5/2003 by k]
Lórellin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2003 03:24
Couple of sites concentrating on the actual Lórellin lake, but it is all Tolkien and Tolkien related.
LadyRanger
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2003 04:27
*lol* I got my own comment in a guestbook somewhere and a couple of freaky sites about leather boots hahaha
Firstbourne
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2003 06:15
Results 1-4 of about 4 containing "Firstbourne"

WEB PAGES - ABOUT
CHUD - Cinematic Happenings Under Development
... FIRSTBOURNE. Robert Ludlum has been crafting tightly wound thrillers for a long time and shows no signs of stopping. ...
www.chud.com/news/jan01/jan18bourne.php3

historypage
History Of M'Lady Regnhild of Mann Born during the year 1012 A.D. ... for awhile; bearing three wonderful children; Rowan; the firstbourne and only son; named after the tree that stands ...
www.winterwolfdreams.com/lobosden/historyreg.html

Omega
... Omega, The Firstbourne Of Armageddon. Standing before you in a swirl of black mists is a tall, lean figure. ...
www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/1339/omega.htm

Swords Chronology
CHRONOLOGY OF PELARN HOW- WHY TO USE THIS IN THE GAME The Chronology has been put together in a general manner reflecting the bias of its various authors.
www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Alley/4482/chrono.html

Interesting.. I wouldn't have imagined it to be something on ...yeah. That was searched on the MSN search engine.

I chose my name because I saw 'Firstborn' in the book LotR... and I really liked it since afterall, I am the first born within the children of the family. And I wanted something different so I added an 'e' at the end... then I wanted it to be a bit more different so I went for the English look of putting a 'u' in there. Like if it were 'colour' or 'humour' or 'favourites'.... you get the idea.

This was a neat idea with very interesting results. Thanks for the idea, eldir. It was fun!
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2003 12:39
Your search - Galadriel_The_Hobbit - did not match any documents.
No pages were found containing "galadriel_the_hobbit".

.. Does that mean i'm original!?
Meldon_Pereldar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2003 09:01
Meldon got about 8990 hits, many of them Tolkien-loving David's like me! Then there was a lot of companies named Meldon as well.

There is actually a webpage called pereldar.net, some artistic site made by a fan of Lord Elrond!
Pereldar got 91 hits.
Eothain222
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2003 04:43
Mine's named after Eothain (the kid, not the rider) and someone who set his fart on fire...

Sick! One of the links is a LoTR erotic story!

[Edited on 6/5/2003 by Eothain222]
Simbelmyne
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 06, 2003 05:09
I got (with google) a site called simbelmyne.fleabitten.org and a lyrics site (I suppose it fits...I play French Horn, Piano and Steel Pans...) and only 649 hits.

~*~Simbelmyne~*~
Vulkhan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2003 08:34
I typed in mine and most of the things that came up were my own things like: Old posts from various sites; I use the name Vulkhan for like all my stuff so when I typed it in.. yeah, most of the stuff found for "Vulkhan" were my posts! LOL!

Also, there were lots of jewlery sites with Vulkhan too (makes sense, seeing as the god vulcan is a blacksmith..)

ashe
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2003 11:22
I got a bunch of sites on higher education and tennis.

great...how interseting. I need a better name.
Quill
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2003 06:36
I ended up with a lot of sites about feathers and fancy writing instruments...

Dawn-maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2003 05:32
I got twelve pages of results, among them:
-about various mythologies from around the world (I knew that the Dawn-maiden was a character in Slavic fairy tales but I found out that there is an important character of that name in Polynesian mythology)
-pages mentioning maiden names of various women called Dawn
WoodlandGuard
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2003 10:20
Your search - woodlandguard - did not match any documents.
No pages were found containing "woodlandguard".

Ok, So I'll try "Woodland Guard"

Well, when I put in "Woodland Guard" I got a bunch of sites about the California National Guard, can someone please explain that to me?
Plantagenet
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2003 05:43
Well, obviously I get stuff about the Plantagenets!
They are a family of important English Kings during the Middle ages like (Richard Lionheart)
I just loooove history
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2003 11:29
Hey when I typed goldberry into the google search engine - I honestly thought Tolkien would be top of the list - there were 22,400 listed sites BTW.
Top of the list was however a site for jewellery,then one for Citys High Society Crowd.Another was Yellow Labrador Retrievers - finding the right dog for you. Down the list a bit was The Encyclopedia of Arda.Also on the first page was Solar - Southern Organization for Live Re-Enactments. And some site about Spams. I never expected these things! I didnt look beyond the first page.

[Edited on 8/5/2003 by goldberry]
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: May 08, 2003 11:48
"fíriel", according to Google Australia, I was first the Queen of Arnor. Hey, I like that. What I don't like so much is that my husband, King Arvedui, was killed by the Witch-King. Hmm, not so good.

(But I knew that...)

[Edited on 8/5/2003 by Fíriel]
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2003 04:05
Well, think it's pretty obvious. I got about 1,580 hits. The first few were Gil-galad's Biography, Lindon, and War of the Elves and Sauron. The last few were called Silmarillion - Third Age, Lindir, and Tolkien page. Well, no surprises there. I wonder what would happen if I put in Haldir's Luvr? (lol)
Firebird
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2003 10:16
Wierd. According to Google, I'm a car.
:dizzy:
Wierd. I got it from the modern dance piece I was working on when I signed up. (Or rather, from my souvenier shirt form the dance piece I was in and happened to be the first thing I saw when started lokking around my room for a good name.)
Chloe
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 09, 2003 10:16
Hm....did you know there is a chloe.com? Consists of womens' clothing, jewerly, and boquets and stuff.

Othere than that, according to google.com, I am:

A Hummingbird photographer
A retired ice skater
A middle-aged mom
The heroine of a fanfic called: Beautiful Alone
Own a Sport Company
And I apperantly make a SMASHING Watermellon Punch!

That was VERY interesting, eldir! Thanks for doing it.

Namarie!
~Chloe
BoromirsBabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2003 07:22
Well, hehe...
-I found another girl with the s/n on a fanfic site(she must've stolen it from me).
-I found a comment I made on digitalart.org
-I found myself on CoE

YEEHAH! How exciting!!!!
Dainsie
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2003 01:33
My names pretty much just a nickname 4 me, taken from my real name. All i found was some posts from me at SnitchSeeker and a page about a reunion with a guy called Pickles Dainsie hehehe nice name...
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: May 10, 2003 07:37
Uh... mine brings up CoE, lol!
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2003 04:55
The first site that came up was one called 'Cate School' ~ have NO IDEA what that's all about.....

Then the next dozen or so (I didn't check HOW many) were all about Cate Blanchett , which is where my user name came from in the first place!
AlatarielofRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2003 12:58
Alatariel of Rivendell had 41 hits. Every single on was LOTR related, mostly in other languages. On of them was about Haldir...how does that work?
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 05:14
Well I found a variety of things..first some links back to here for some of my comments. Second, apparently I'm not the only Eowyn fan who spells poorly and uses this name as a nick. Thirdly, I found some links to fanfiction and roleplaying characters where people had chosen to use the name Aowyn..not surprising since it's kind of a combo of Arwen and Eowyn...but I'd like to think I was the first to use it, even if that's not true!
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 07:24
Well, somewhat unsurprisingly I got a lot of LOTR sites! It was mostly fanfic and mostly NOT anything below a PG 13 rating. I didn't look into those further.

What's interesting is when you type it into a picture search. It seemed to ignore "first kiss" and I got: about 30 screenshots, about 4 pics of David Wenham, that pic of Faramir's, Frodo's and Sam's costumes, some dubious fan art, one recurring illustration, 5 pics of different kittens, 2 pics of different rather ferocious-looking dogs and the most beautiful black-eyed-white rat on the planet. I want that rat!
Kiss
Arien_Aldaríon
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 07:31
Came up with nothing, lol!
Aladine
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 09:06
I got a whole lotta websites that are in French, which I don't speak French (at least not very well) so I couldn't really tell what they were for, besides the picture.
I also got a website that says I am a brand of bathroom faucet.(Isn't that nice)
And a bunch of French Aladine ink websites, which isn't suprising, since I got my name from an inkwell.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 12:03
Tolkien Fanfic Fanlisting
... Kelly | www | Australia 51. Veronica Furfjord | www | Norway 52. Vanalosswen| www | USA 53. Klose | www | Singapore 54. Thalia Weaver | www | USA 55. ...
www.hidden-archives.com/fanlisting/ index.php?link=members - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

I am a member of Hidden-Archives.com, and that is what it brought up! Interesting. For anyone who wanted to know, my name means Beautiful (fair-haired) snow maiden.
Aredhrel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 12:27
Very cool.

Mine came up in a french LOTR site! No french
About 50 Dungeons and dragons sites
Some site that didnt have anything to say, but it had a poll that said; What do think of this site?
I voted for; What the hell is it?

I'm also Pale Ringil@ minastirith.com
All there was was lotr sites with the same quote. Go google!!

[Edited on 5/12/2003 by Aredhrel]
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 01:42
I did a search on my name..and found lots and lots (6) of entries....and they were all on message boards that I belong to and on my website! LOL..imagine that.
killjoy
Local Drunk, & Guru Swami Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 01:49
apparently killjoy is the name of a band, a book and an artist, but i just chose it because it's slang for someone pessimistic, who can be a bit of a wet blanket. it's actually my pal's not-quite-affectionate nickname for me!:evil:

[Edited on 28/7/2003 by killjoy]
Perian_Pearl
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2003 08:47
According to google the search results are female baby names beginning with Pearl and alot of expected pearl results.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email