Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sequence by Sequence #1: The Prologue
on: April 12, 2007 01:55
Ohhhhhhh, I loved it all! :love: I think that Galadriel's VO is the best, though. I loved the Last Alliance battle, but I had always seen it differently. The prologue was VERY well done. I also loved how Sauron fills with light, and then just the way his helmet hits the ground. Random tangent: I actually saw that suit of armor once, or a reproduction of it, at the Bristol Renaissance Faire. They were raffling it off. If I had been as into LotR then as I am now, I would have bought a load of tickets.

[Edited on 12/4/2007 by Michaela]
the Forging of the Great Rings
3% (3)
the Last Alliance Battle
38% (3)
the legend of the Ring (Isildur's death, Gollum & Bilb)
11% (1)
Galadriel's voice over
47% (4)
I didn't like it at all
0% (0)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 02:20
wow, that is sweet Michaela I would have bought some tickets too!
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 02:52
wow, that is sweet Michaela I would have bought some tickets too!

It was this huge suit of Sauron armor...so awesome! My dad and brothers were ogling swords and I was with them, so I saw it...I think my dad might have actually have bought a ticket. But yeah, it was sweet... *thinks* It was... not last summer, but the summer before last, so I was twelve, so it was right after I'd read the books for the first time. They confused me so much that, although I liked them, I wasn't really "into" them. I didn't see the movies until January of '06.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 03:08
wow, neat. I have always wanted a sword, perferabley a LotR replica or something. maybe someday....
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 07:44
The ambush of Isildur put me in mind of some of the old German b/w movies. Armoured knights in far-flung lands. The opening shot especially, as Isildur rides towards us through the trees.

BTW anyone notice the Alliance battle close-up where a yelling orc has a full set of white pearlies behind his orc-teeth? LOL
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 07:58
no I have not...must go and investigate now. hmmm.....
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 08:01
I never notice those little discrepancies, cirdaneth, unless someone points them out to me. But now I have to pay attention...
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 08:53
I usually see them the second or third time around, this case is obviously different, but I haven't watched the movie from start to finish for a long time.
fogriipus
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 10:59
Hmm, I voted the legend of the Ring, because it's so well done! Now I of course love the whole prologue (though the dwarves, men and elves getting the rings are a bit... funny), but the first times I saw it I was a little bit annoyed by Galadriel's voice and the battle... Don't look at me like that, I love it all now! The "history became legend, legend became myth" is awesome.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2007 03:50
yep, got all of Galadriel's lines down now. I say them everytime I hear it and annoy my brother who didn't start watching the movies until last year!
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2007 02:37
I like the Last Alliance Battle.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2007 05:27
that is the best part, after all.
joe22elfriend
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2007 12:48
i also voted for cate's voice over, the way she sounds was amazing she sounds so elvish and she played the character really well i was totaly amazed by her and the prologue was just great, the battle scene of the lLast Alliance was just mind blown, i loved the elven armor and teh way they fought, i have watched that over and over again and everytime i do i always wind something new or other detail of it that stands out an dmakes me love it even more
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email