Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Mothers and Fathers out there?
on: December 29, 2003 05:49
Wow! Lots of moms here! Motherhood is a blessing, and a job I am glad I will never have. I do have the other part of parenthood though. I have at home a 15 year old son, and a 13 year old daughter. I have a 24 year old son who is out in the world making it on his own with my 26 year old daughter-in-law and 3 year old granddaughter. Thinking back to when the kids were in their single digits, it seems now that it was alot easier then, but even though the rebellious years are here, I wouldn't want them to be young again. Adolescence is such a challenge though, and their Christmas gifts are alot more expensive.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Brilhenien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2004 10:01
I am the very proud Mom of three.......two boys and a girl...Ages 8,7, and 4. My husband and I have made them big LOTR fans as well! Yes, motherhood is such a blessing
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 12:06
I'm a father of two girls that are 11 days old... Celas Rebeccah and Celiel Andrea... (the one that tease about their names deals with the insane one... me... )

They are too young to be any trouble yet... But their birth is quite extraordinary: they were born on a sleigh in the middle of the forest... not planned...
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 04:26
In the name of T.R.U.C.K. I breathe life into this Thread... (or will try to! )

I'm a mom!!

I have a 24 year old daughter, and 2 stepsons: 25 & 29!! :love:

All three are terrific!!
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Eldraug
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 01:39
Nana Star-Wolf here. I have a 6-1/2 year old daughter who loves LoTR and either wants to be an attorney or a Galadrhim when she grows up.
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2005 04:38
I'm a Mom of two--Girl, 16; boy 14. I'm crazy about them both (of course...) we're doing the "teenage thing," right now; but all the frustrations are mixed with the realization that 5-6 more years will see the house WAY too quiet.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: July 06, 2005 04:56
:cry: My daughter's all grown up... She's just turned 22 and my son's 16 going 17. *sigh* Dang, but they seem to grow up way too fast. Yeah, I agree, there's the "teenage" thing, but even then, I remember my own misspent youth and try to understand all the hormonal storms, both male and female. I was *almost* a grandmother, but now it looks like she's miscarrying. So sad, but she's young and next time she'll be more prepared. Wish she was closer. *sigh*
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 05:13
Dear Belle...I'm sorry about the miscarriage. It's always a difficult thing to lose a much wanted pregnancy.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 09:58
I am a mom too. I have 3 boys ages 9, 5 and 2 1/2. My biggest LotR fan is the 2 year old. I have never seen a child of that age that can sit threw 3 hours of LotR. He alway has a toy sword or bow and arrow is his hand also.
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 02:40
No kiddies. I want some someday, but I gotta figure out that whole dating thingy. Yep, 22... never dated. :blush:
I find it kinda scary that I'm 22, and my parents were both 23 when they had me.
Roheryn19
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2008 04:26
I am a mother of 3. Two of whom (frodofan14 and legolijah_lover) are members of CoE.
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2008 10:59
I am the mother of one daughter aged 3, who already loves Tolkien. :angel:
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2009 05:26
My girlfriend has a 10-year old boy, who has been living with us the last 9 years. So, he's pretty much my child. Maybe a new one in a year.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2009 03:39
Soon to be mother here. Another three weeks and I'll have a newborn baby boy on my hands!

but I gotta figure out that whole dating thingy

That is the best way to go about it, Atarlasse, and everyone does it in their own time. By the time my mom was my age, she was married with two kids! I'm still eating tv dinners and baby's first crib will be a hand-me-down pack-n-play Each to his own
Lyna
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Mothers and Fathers out there?
on: January 14, 2013 02:55
I am the very proud, very blessed mother of 2 beautiful sons!! Our oldest is Matthew, who is 12 years old. Our baby is Gabriel, who is 5 years old. He is my joy!!

Being a mother is the greatest honor I have ever been given. I LOVE MY BOYS!!!! ♥♥
True joy, is found at the Master’s feet.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2015 01:38
Arveleg said on December 29 2003:
Wow! Lots of moms here! Motherhood is a blessing, and a job I am glad I will never have. I do have the other part of parenthood though. I have at home a 15 year old son, and a 13 year old daughter. I have a 24 year old son who is out in the world making it on his own with my 26 year old daughter-in-law and 3 year old granddaughter. Thinking back to when the kids were in their single digits, it seems now that it was alot easier then, but even though the rebellious years are here, I wouldn't want them to be young again. Adolescence is such a challenge though, and their Christmas gifts are alot more expensive.

Wow... I must have been busy on CoE on this day 11+ years ago.

I now have six grandchildren with my then-13 year old daughter giving birth to a grandson in December 2014. My then-15 year old son has a daughter who just turned 3 a few days ago. My eldest son will be 36 next month. His wife gave birth to my first grandson in August 2005, and he will be 10 this year!. She gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl, in June 2014!

I have since this last post have gotten a divorce, moved half way around the world, got married to my true soulmate, and will be celebrating our 7th anniversary this July. So much has changed in my life since I wrote that post 11+ years ago!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
We are childless, but I have a sort of adopted extended family (all of us have adopted each other, sort of). Was a company thing called an "information year" back in 1987/88. Started off in October 1987 in then West Berlin (two years before the fall of the Berlin Wall). We then scattered all over the world in 1988 (Norway, France, US, Turkey, South Africa, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia ... I was in South Korea). Then a ten-day wrap-up at the end of September 1988. We have had reunions starting in 1989 up to 2014 straight, no interruptions, 2015 in planning. Participation varied over the years, but has been 20 closer to 30 (and more) including progeny for more than a decade. Can't say kids anymore, the oldest still tagging along with mom & dad are around 25. So I have several virtual nieces and nephews, in a manner of speaking. Who will be the first grandparents is a question coming into focus more and more ...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email