Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lord_Ichiro
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Now Updated!!-- Multiple Threads on the same topics-[b]please read[/b]
on: April 24, 2004 08:47
Excuse me, noble and honorable administrators and moderators. I would like to know if a RPG thread is erroneous when it is not about a particular series of anything. To simplify my question, is RPing with no particular relation to any specific area considered a bad thread?

Thank you for your time in considering this question of mine,
Lord Ichiro.
*bows*
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: April 30, 2004 02:39
No Lord_Ichiro, I don't think it would be a bad thread unless the subject of your rpg is something that breaks the site's rules. We try to keep three threads on each subject in the NT forum so that any one subject does not overwhelm the forum.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 02:54
I'm counting at least six vampire related threads...at least six! Please no more vampire threads as we are well over the limits that we have set.
SquallLeonhart
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 09:28
can i ask a question how come there cant be anymore Final Fantasy ones there not that many i only found two
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: May 30, 2004 10:31
HP threads are starting to multiply again - there are at least 3 running and that's more than enough . No more will be allowed until some of these die out. That means that the fourth one, that was about to start, is not being allowed .

[Edited on 30/5/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 07:57
Let me make something clear- Multiple theads on a topic weren't allowed so that the same people can do the same thing multiple times.
We are currently allowing up to three threads on a topic so that others can start an RP on a topic if the thread on that topic is already pretty busy.

By the way -This is supposed to be a Lord of The Rings related site and the idea was to give Lord of The Rings fans a chance to try some other topics for their rps.

Eowyn_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 03:50
There are many RPG sites on the net... why can't all the HP people, and all that search them out? This IS a Tolkien site... when I came into this forum part, I was thinking that it would be more just like AU in Middle-earth stuff... seems I was wrong. If I wanted to SW RP, I'd take it to my own site... not here. I might use my SW, or Matrix characters in an RP that's already going, but that's it... really. There are MANY RPG sites out there...

-Eowyn Skywalker
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 10:13
The limit has been reached on the following NT topics:

anime (yugi-oh, final fantasy and the like, including rps about the "characters:
Vampires
Werewolves
Wizards
Harry Potter
Matrix
X-Men
"Real Life"

[Edited on 25/6/2004 by ithillinde]
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 12:40
I'd like to mention that I have searched all over the internet with almost every known search engine for good rp sites of all kinds, and most of them aren't very good. They either are barely active (on average one or two posts a month), the rules practically ask for one liners, or the members simply can'r rp well and make no effort to improve no matter how much you encourage them to. CoE is by far the best site for rp on the internet, and I think that's why there are so many HP and X-Men threads.
(Although I have to agree that all the HP threads up now aren't worth joining in my opinion, and I wish someone would make a quality one after a few of the others have died off.)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email