12345Last >>
Author Topic:
eowadia
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Hobbit film
on: May 24, 2003 05:39
hello people

Today I discovered the biggest news ever. I wanted to download the trailer of RotK but I had downloaded something different. The trailer of the HOBBIT!!!!!

Man I'm so happy now. Peter Jackson is going to film the Hobbit and it will come out Christmas 2006. :love::love:
Yes Yes I can wait.
Maybe this is old news but for me it couldn't be more perfect.

bye eowadia

[Title edited by Mara]

[Edited on 19/7/2006 by Mara]
Tanta
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hobbit film
on: May 24, 2003 06:32
WOW WOW WOW WOW. Am speechless.
~Lúthien~Tinúviel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2003 09:00
OMG!
Do you have a link??!!
eowadia
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2003 09:50
I have found a link on the internet. The site is http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2459290. Tou will have to click on paly 200 free under the picture of Bilbo. You will also have to wait a moment.
Bye:love:
ElvenBeauty321
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2003 12:35
YEY! How exciting! So is the same guy going to play Bilbo? Probably, I just wanted to be sure. I'm so happy! YEY!
eowadia
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2003 07:18

Yes Ian Holm is going to play Bilbo and Ian Mckellen is going to play Gandalf again. This is way to cool!!!!!!
Andtalathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2003 09:16
WHAAT??? are you sure?!!! That is just too, too cool to be true!!!
drunken_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 24, 2003 10:24
Erm, I hate to be the bearer of bad news..But I think that this trailer is just one made by a fan using LOTR clips, and some footage from a game. As far as I know PJ hasn't confirmed to participating in anything with regards to the Hobbit. It would be nice though wouldn't it? But I guess after ROTK, PJ is gonna be bogged down with King Kong which is coming out in 2005, so if he does ever do the Hobbit it will be a long way away, and I'm pretty sure no plans have been made.
eowadia
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2003 04:57

Yeah It can be possible that the trailer is false but i do think that it is possible that Peter Jackson is going to film the Hobbit.
We have to hope for it. If the trailer was false, it is really well done.
FallenAngel26
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 25, 2003 05:58
I've seen that trailer before. It was made by a fan. I thought it was real for a while, too, but it was made by using clips of DragonHeart and the Fellowship of the Ring (and with a little help from TTT trailer music.).
ElvenBeauty321
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2003 08:21
Well, thats a little dissapointing, but its ok. Maybe they'll find time to make it in the future. Anyway, until then I'll just enjoy watching TFOTR-ROTK(when it comes out on dvd when, Summer 2004?) over and over and over
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 29, 2003 03:09
It was a quite good one..I thought it was true for some minutes. Really sad it wasn't. Though I don't think there's going to be a movie by "The hobbit", at least PJ's not going to do it. Or?
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: May 29, 2003 06:21
Rumour has it that PJ's entertaining the idea of making the Hobbit into a TV series. I say YES PLEASE! Ian McKellen agrees. He said in an interview that he's going to try and persuade PJ to make it so he can be Gandalf again! It won't be for a while yet though, even if it does happen. *crosses fingers: please please please*. If it does, I want in! Anyone here not gagging for the chance to be in it? Or to be part of it? Or to just send a good luck card?
Kiss
(Sorry it's a bit incoherent, but I'm understandably excited)
Adanethian
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 29, 2003 06:50
I'd like a Silmarillion TV series.
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2003 09:40
Wow that would be great! If The Hobbit is really going to be a movie But 2006... I don't think I can wait that long... :cry: Well, Looking forward to it
Lady_Goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2003 07:19
If you'll notice at the end it says "Made by Steve Latham." He took scenes from Fellowship and from another movie and made the trailer. I almost thought it was real a few times, when I saw the scenes from the other movie..His website is (lathamfilm.com) You can see the trailer there.

[Edited on 15/6/2003 by Lady_Goldberry]
Becki
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 15, 2003 07:25
Wow! I thought they were gonna make it into a t.v. show! I think that be better 'cause then they can fit EVERYTHING in!

Also, ain't it a bit early to bring out a trailer for a movie that's only coming out in 2006?

~Becki
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2003 08:27
Maybe it is a fake... hmm..? who knows? I guess we'll just have to wait and find out . But it would be SOOO cool to have The Hobbit as a movie!!!
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2003 03:34
I would like it if The Hobbit was a movie rather than a tv series, mainly so I can watch it all in one go and not have to wait each week. But the tv series would probably have more detail. Eh, the movie will be great whatever the format!

I think the the film/series will be alright even if they don't get PJ, to direct as long as he was a producer or a consultant or something. I really hope Ian McKellan plays Gandalf because I can't see anyone else EVER playing him
Eothain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2003 04:02
They should make the Battle of Five Armies atleast two episodes! I'd also prefer it as a movie, cause then it would feel more... well... grand, less amatuer like and so one.
_mithrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2003 12:50
Oh! How cool! I totally can't wait!
Toon
Former Giant Three Headed Dog
Send Message
on: July 07, 2003 12:41
Well I hate to burst anyone's bubble here, but I work in a video store and read an interview with PJ in a magazine aimed at video store keepers. He said he didn't feel like directing or producing The Hobbit, he wants to direct his attention more towards lower-budget drama productions rather than more works of Tolkien's. Besides, if IMDb is correct, he's doing a remake of King Kong, after RotK. Both initiatives are highly applauded by myself.

He said in the interview he'd rather sit down in the movie theatre with a box of popcorn and see how the other guy did at making The Hobbit.
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2003 11:28
Haha, I've just read for the 5th time, It's still GrEAt!
Eothain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2003 05:34
see how the other guy did at making The Hobbit.

What other guy!? That's the point, and plus, the other guy might not be so good.
tigerrabbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2003 01:37
is the guy who plays bilbo in the fellowship going to play bilbo in this ??
Toon
Former Giant Three Headed Dog
Send Message
on: July 10, 2003 02:33
What other guy!? That's the point

There are plenty of good directors out there! Don't forget that almost nobody had ever heard of Peter Jackson but cult horror fans before Heavenly Creatures came out. There were many people at the time who didn't believe in PJ.

Maybe the guy who will be doing the Hobbit (if there will be a Hobbit in the first place) will be doing his first big film. It's the same for PJ, though... Just cause the guy wouldn't be called Peter Jackson doesn't make him a bad director!
Ivorwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 09:10
is the guy who plays bilbo in the fellowship going to play bilbo in this ??

Did you miss the rest of the thread?? It's a fake clip!
Tinuvien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 05:01
I know this may be sort of out-of-adate, but I just watched the trailer. I think its TOTALLY unbelieveable and decieving. Did you guys REALLY think it was real? I guess I would WANT to, but it was just so.. not PJ looking .And plus- (if you've read it) it clearly has big mini battle scenes, Smaug's "palace" would definetly be showed with all of the treasure, and the spiders... ok so I ramble
Question: I have read the book and books, but WHY in the WORLD is Haldir in that trailer? He isn't a Woodland Elf, or maybe that's what they were attempting to show. Maybe that's it. Just thought it through.
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 07:11
The talk about PJ doing the Hobbit goes on and on, and he's not ruling it out, but he'll be busy for at least a year on King Kong - maybe that will give them time to work out the problems with the rights. And Sir Ian McKellan is keen to play Gandalf again. Who would play the young Bilbo I wonder? Sir Ian Holm did Frodo ages ago on radio, perhaps Elijah could do Bilbo being 'family' an all.
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 09:29
Hey guys, check this link to read more about the possibility of a Hobbit movie!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1000988.htm

Kiss
LuthienofRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 11:12
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Me is soooooooo happy now.
I already thought i had to miss LOTR for ages yay.
And we wants the precioussss yes we do.
Fatty_Roller
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2003 04:47
I heard that if PJ doesn't make the Hobbit film Ian McKellan is going to do it. I have just seen the trailer and i'd just like to say whoever thought that that was genuine is a fool of a Took.
Most shots were taken from the FOTR prologue and anyone who has read the hobbit would of asked why was there fire across the water in gollums cave?
I think people need to sit and actually look at what their viewing instead of jumping to conclusions. Obviously not many of the people writing in have read the book (which is absolutely amazing) so READ IT!
Twinkle
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 03:58
That is soooo cool. I can't wait, something else i can watch 50 million times over!
minuial_gil_estel
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 04:48
Wow.. although the thought of that being real is cool...the trailer seemed so fake! After about 15 seconds I was disappointed. :cry: It is only clips from LotR messed together. That Smaug didn't seem right, and why was Haldir there?.... no, toatlly fake.

I hope that PJ does do The Hobbit, and that they keep Ian McKellan, Ian Holm and Andy Serkis are all in it. It just wouldn't be the same without them.
Paladin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 09:14
Since Jackson is more interested in re-making "King Kong" than getting to work on "The Hobbit", I think it's a good idea for New Line to move on and get another Director.

Let's not forget that Jackson was just a two-bit Director before LOTR and that if he wants to ignore the series of stories that made him a superstar Director and make a two-bit re-make of a two-bit ape, then let's bring someone else into the shoes of Director, and make "The Hobbit". Fans shouldn't have to wait for Jackson when there are many qualified Directors out there waiting for such a great opportunity.

I mean, a re-make of "King Kong"?!! Give me a break, I guarantee "King Kong" will be a total bomb.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email