Register

<< First910111213
Author Topic:
Malinornë
FAQ Admin, Quenya Moderator & Eldameldë
Send Message
Post RE: Quenya Study Buddy
on: April 07, 2011 02:39
That's great, Buber1234. Please start out by sending a PM to moderndancer_elf to introduce yourself.

If everything works out as it should, I also ask that both of you edit your messages to say that you have a buddy. Thanks!

[Edited on 7/4/2011 by Malinornë]
moderndancer_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2011 06:39
lol alrighty then i guess its settled ill talk to you soon, buber1234
Tessle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2011 04:15
Hello!

I would very much like to have a study buddy, preferable from Europe so we're in the same time zone.
Level: I'm currently at Lesson 9.
Language: I'm Dutch, but I speak English fluently.
carico2knight
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2011 04:15
Hello , can anyone say what is the correct Grammatical structure for Quenya?
Malinornë
Send Message
on: May 12, 2011 12:42
Hello , can anyone say what is the correct Grammatical structure for Quenya?

Could you give an example or try to describe more precisely what you'd like to know about Quenya grammar?
italktosupperheroes
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2011 05:13
I speak english and dutch. Currently on lesson... 8? a study budy would be helpful, but im not exactly sure how we'd help each other online?

EDIT: Paired up!

[Edited on 16/7/2011 by Malinornë]
flybat3
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2011 08:13
i speak english and am on lesson 5 currently....im not good enough to actually help someone, as i get confused a lot myself. Anyway, i have msn or i suppose pm me on here......

EDIT: Paired up!

[Edited on 16/7/2011 by Malinornë]
sbpkr
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2011 06:04
I would love a study buddy but I prefer a gentle touching voice of a woman to teach me. I need to be with females I can not take any influence to speak Quenya from a man I think women are far more enthusiastic and properly teach things, and women are by far way smarter about languages
Malinornë
Send Message
on: July 26, 2011 08:46
Eh, sbpkr... conversations between buddies are usually in writing, so the gender of the 'voice' is perhaps less obvious. And while you're of course in your full right to request a female study buddy, and to your opinions, I would like to point out that among the enthusiastic, talented and helpful visitors of this forum you will find both women and men

Also, please note that studdy buddies work together - it's more often two persons learning together, rather than one person teaching the other. If you'd prefer to have a 'teacher' - you might find it useful to start out with the workbook lessons, where you'll have your work commented by a mentor (myself or dirk_math depending on which month it is. July is mine).
TheElessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2011 10:17
Greetings!

I am new to Council of Elrond and came straight to this forum

Well, I am aware of a few basics but I am nowhere near knowing Quenya. Hence, I hope to get a study partner so that we may interact and share our learning experiences. My interest in Quenya keeps on fluctuating so perhaps a buddy will keep me interested and focused lol

Anyways, looking forward towards meeting some interesting folk here!
Galadeth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2011 11:30
Hi everyone!

I'm currently at lesson 9-10 of the course, but I get confused a lot! That's why I'd like a study buddy, so that we can learn Quenya together and maybe also speak this wonderful language.

I am italian mother-tongue and speak english fluently. I can use both Skype and MSN, but pms are just fine too!

[Edited on 5/8/2011 by Galadeth]
jayfeather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2011 10:02
Hi
I'm currently on lesson 5. I've been using the course by Helge Fauskanger but i'm going to use the workbook ones as well.

i speak english
a study buddy would be helpfull for improving my quenyan and fun to be able to talk in the language!

[Edited on 12/8/2011 by jayfeather]
Luthien1987
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2011 06:14
I would love to have a study buddy! I really want to learn Quenya but I'm not that good with languages and the work books don't seem to be helping me any, anyone willing to help please send me a message!
EllessarEnvinyatar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2011 10:20
I'd like that. If I start, I'll be on lesson one. But I'm not very good at learning languages or motivating myself. Would anyone want to help?
Ellessar_Envinyatar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2011 02:34
I only speak English and am now on the fourth or fifth lesson and I love to work with other people.

[Edited on 10/1/2012 by Ellessar_Envinyatar]
Every star, ever Planet-where do you want to start?
TheElessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2011 07:56
I am not sure if anybody is left but I would love to have a buddy. I did post this request before (see up) but then I was new and have worked on my own ever since. But hey, I would like to have someone who could track each other's progress, solve exercises and maybe exchange notes. I am not a complete noob now but am willing to start over again if there is someone here who is also interested. So PM me!
Last_Waterbender
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2011 10:17
I'd love to have a study buddy too. I've been working on my own ever since I started learning Quenya, so having someone to discuss problems with would be great
sbpkr
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2011 11:39
Hi my name is Shim P`nath and I would like a person to study Tengwar
with, I live in Lawrence, KS 66044 and I live on 20th and New Hampshire St If their may be anyone in Lawrence or in the nearest regions of this small and blessed land may they step forth and help me learn Tengwar with open arms, So Mote It Be!!

:wave:
Gigawatt30
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2011 03:35
Hi, I've just started learning Quenya. I went through the Ardalamberon (spelled right?) lessons but got lost after a few chapters. I speak english and am pretty much on lesson one. I'd like to have a study buddy to help with some pronunciation and to answer questions.
Last_Waterbender
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2011 11:03
I'd like a study buddy as well I'm a self learner in Quenya, meaning I do not use courses and such, but I'm happy to study with someone who uses the courses
rowaneldar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2012 09:08
aiya!

I'd appreciate a study buddy! I've been trying to learn Quenya by myself for some time now and have come to the conclusion that constantly muttering to myself in attempted Quenya is A) not productive and B) making the neighbors cross the street when they see me coming. it's time to be pro-active.

so how does this work? am I assigned a buddy or is there a protocol for selection?

thanks, rowan
EruvandeGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Quenya Study Buddy
on: October 29, 2012 04:06
Hi, I need a study buddy but I'm limited on time.
Image Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate.~ J. R. R. Tolkien
shellcor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 01:33
I would love to have a study buddy, preferably some one who is already quite fluent. A partner who could Skype would be great. I'm currently on lesson 2 and going full speed ahead. My goal is to be able to fluently converse in it. Please send me a msg if intrested. Thanks so much
applegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2013 10:35
I'm on Lesson Three. I am open to having a study buddy preferably someone who is going just about the same speed as I am, or close to the same lesson as me.
crazydiamond
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2013 06:03
Hey so I just started today and I'm on lesson 4 and planning on possibly speaking fluently sometime in the future - anyone who's either where I am or even pretty fluent and would like to help me learn/practice would be pretty cool. Message me if you're interested!
carriejeanne80
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2013 11:47
Hi, I am new to Quenya and would like a study buddy any one out their who wouldn't mind helping me I'd appreciate it
Liltare
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, I'm new to Quenya, currently on lesson six of the workbook and would like a study buddy to practise with. I have skype and speak only English. Please pm if you would be interested!
Lady Elarinya Cuilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hi.Can anyone help me to traslate : shadow chaser and light cleaver of the Lady Morningstar,its light is of the seven stars.

I want to name my sword but I cant get the right name.Here are its descriptions:Cleaver of shadows,bringer of light.Can anyone figure out its name for me?Thanks
dirk_math
Quenya Workbook Mentor
Send Message
Even though this is in the wrong thread, here is the translation:
chaser of shadows: huinion ronya (of-shadows chaser)
cleaver of light: calo hyarindo (of-light one-who-cleaves)

Huinion ronya ar calo hyarindo Heríva Arinelen, calarya ná Otseleno.
Yassë engë lómë, anarties calali.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! Back when I entered CoE I had requested a study buddy though I left the forum. Now I'm back and I wanted one!

I speak english and portuguese (which is kinda useless xD)

I've skype if needed.

[Edited on 08/26/2013 by Ella]
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
I'm interested in having a study buddy, I'm up to lesson 5 in the workbook.

I only speak English, and I'm in Australia so the time difference could make skyping a bit hard.
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
ek-erilar
Council Member
Send Message
Post Study Buddy - Newbie from the Philippines...
on: December 02, 2013 08:42
I wanna know if there would still be people here who can help me study this ancient language? I am very much willing to focus on learning Quenya... I will wait for a reply...^^
mythryl
Council Member
Send Message
Hello,

I am looking for a study buddy, as I enjoy learning better with someone who wants to learn also. I am only on lesson 1, so i will be a beginner, however, there is a start to everything, so I would like a buddy to share the experience with. Just PM me if your interested.

[Update] Paired up

[Edited on 01/15/2014 by mythryl]
“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future” - Lady Galadriel
Legolas57105
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!

I am onto about Lesson 2 but I'm finding it hard to get inspired to keep on going. If anyone would like to chat and learn more about Quenya with me, just message me.

P.S I speak English
Don't you just think Sam is awesome?
samsterdam19
Council Member
Send Message
put me on the list as well!
<< First910111213
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email