Register

<< First910111213
Author Topic:
samsterdam19
Council Member
Send Message
Post Quenya study buddy
on: January 20, 2014 09:12
hello, I have just begun my quenya studies, and am looking for a partner. Anyone interested Namárië
feanor68
Council Member
Send Message
very [email protected]

translating german lieders from the 19th century and composing elvish music to accompany..slow process and i need to learn more quenya
sparklegirl7
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I'm already a few lessons in, but I would love to have a study partner. Anyone interested? Just message me.
Forest Wizard
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings to all!

I'm new here but have an acquaintance with Quenya for some years. I use it in a limited way in magick and ritual as the "sacred language"-which means I use it every week. My interest in the language is NOT purely academic. I think it should continue to develop and be used whenever and however possible! Yes, I know Quenya was not developed into a full-bodied language by Tolkien but, IMHO, this is no reason it shouldn't continue to grow. My dream is that this lovely language begin to be spoken as a means of live, spoken communication. An ambitious goal I know but why not?

[Edited on 04/11/2014 by Forest Wizard]
Bright Blessings to you! "There are two types of sight: one from the light that comes to us, the other from the light that comes FROM us." ~ me
Elssamor
Council Member
Send Message
My dream is that this lovely language begin to be spoken as a means of live, spoken communication. An ambitious goal I know but why not?

It is ambitious but I agree whole heartedly.

I also would be interested in a study buddy. I keep PMing people who seem to have already found one. LOL PM me if interested.

I have found a study buddy. Thank you everyone.

[Edited on 04/14/2014 by Elssamor]
i tië mahtarwa
larutan
Council Member
Send Message
hello everyone, I'm new here and want to learn quenya. i have not yet started on it, is anyone looking for a study buddy? I have no idea where to begin but i am free and happy to work with anyone
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
hello larutan, I just recently started learning quenya and on lesson 6 and was just thinking that i wanted someone to talk with about quenya while going through the lessons so if you want we can be study buddies. I'll PM you so we dont have to discuss it in this thread
finnr_sig
akixam
Council Member
Send Message
Hi i'm new just yesterday i registered in the site i already started with a few lessons of quenya and at some point it's a little bit confusing so if there is anyone who want to be my study-buddy that would be great.
omarhdz26
Council Member
Send Message
Aiya! Méra quetë i lambi eldaiva, quenya vanya lambë ná ar méranyë quétessa mai.

Hello! I want to speak the languages of the elves, Quenya is a beautiful tongue and I want to speak it well.
I'm a new member and student of the Elvish languages, so I chose Quenya first since it's very elegant and pleasant to hear and pronounce. About me, I'm Mexican, 23 years old, my first language is Spanish and I have a good command in English, a little of other languages (Mandarin, Korean, Indonesian) and conlangs like Esperanto and Interlingua... Anyway, Elvish languages are unique in many ways, writing Tengwar is an art, and I enjoy translating and writing short texts and poems into Quenya and Tengwar (my vocabulary is still limited) Now I'm studying it from a book I got online a week ago and I've been learning the basics of verbs, conjugations, etc but I'd like to find a study buddy too... It would be great since I got some questions about grammar. Hantalë ar namárië!
Gladha
Council Member
Send Message
Post Study Buddy
on: September 09, 2014 09:42
Hey Everyone!
If anyone is interested, I could really use a helping hand
in learning Quenya! If anyone is interested, contact me!
- Lalon/Gladha
Arcix
Council Member
Send Message
Hello
My name's Arcix, and I'm new to Quenya and the Tengwar writing system.
I learn languages fairly easy with consistent practice, but I find it often boring to learn alone. Here, in Holland, not many are interested in fictional languages which makes it very difficult to find a partner. I hoped I'd find someone of interest here to learn it along with me! Currently, I'm working really hard on the Tengwar, and focusing less on the Quenya pronounciation and words, so we might share some knowledge!
Hope to hear of anyone soon!

Arcix
Nimmwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, anyone interested in a study buddy? I ve just finished the first four lessons and would love someone to practice with.
"In place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!"
Alcarinquono
Council Member
Send Message
if anyone needs a study buddy, im available. I currently have nimmwen as a buddy. I have been studying for 3 months, and have completed all lessons on my own.
Namarie!
mele na mara ar olca... mana caruvanye?
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Hi all, I would love a study buddy, as I am just starting to learn Quenya. You can PM me if you are interested.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
I found one, thanks!
Elrond_Elvish_Man
Council Member
Send Message
Post NEED HELP
on: April 26, 2015 04:28
WANTED: Study Buddy who is willing to help and/or learn Quenya with me, has a flexible after-school schedule, and has patience!

Hannad!
Warm is the sun, cold is the moon. Bright are the stars, and dark are our hearts. Life has all and no meaning, and Death holds all and no Life.
hobbit101
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello!
on: June 18, 2015 03:33
Hello!

I'm brand new to the site and would love to find a study buddy to work with. I've only just begun, so I'm still quite new in my learning, but I really am enjoying the language so far, and finding someone to practice with would make it that much more fun/beneficial. Please let me know if interested!

Thanks!
erutan2099
Council Member
Send Message
Wanted:

Study buddy for Quenya through email discourse, preferably one with knowledge of tengwar. I have a decent understanding of grammar but need practice primarily with vocabulary. (I usually utilize Tengwar parmaite font, for those who need it.) Newcomers welcome as well!

Please contact me for details.
-Erunámo -"Istyallo, Ilu."
Narriel Dartha
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I'm looking for someone to to study Quenya with. Is anybody just starting and would like to study with me?
I am in school 8:30 -3:30 central American time. I have dance two hours every Monday,and church Sunday morning.
Other than that, I'm free every other hour of the week.
Please reply soon if you are interested! I would like to begin soon.
Hello! I'm currently starting to study Sindarin, and am looking for a "study buddy". If your interested, please message me! Thanks! ~Sintanengwë Daughter of Yavindo
Arquen Anwe
Council Member
Send Message
I would be glad to study with you cwiggle! My times are about the same and I can update you when I must change them. Would you study with me? PM soon!
Archerofpeace
Council Member
Send Message
Hi guys, my name is Archer and i am looking for someone to study Quenya with. I live in the U.S and my time zone is CST (Central Standard Time). I am about to enter the winter break and although I am a University student and typically busy, I am mostly free on Tuesdays and Thursdays after 2 pm my time. I have experience studying languages as one of my minors in my degree plan is German Language Studies (Germanistik auf Deutsch). If anyone is interested, PM or email me so we can get a study group going ! My email is: [email protected].

[Edited on 11/28/2016 by Archerofpeace]
Diwa
Council Member
Send Message
Aiya!
I was wondering whether there still is anyone studying Quenya?
dirk_math
Quenya Workbook Mentor
Send Message
As Quenya workbook mentor, I can assure you that there are stil people studying Quenya on this site.
Yassë engë lómë, anarties calali.
akixam
Council Member
Send Message
I'm retaking Quenya lessons so if there is someone else studying Quenya PM me.
rainy
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings! I am just beginning my Quenya Lessons and would love to find someone (or a few people even) to learn along side. Feel free to PM me and we can go from there ^_^
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
I'm up to Lesson 15 in Quenya.
rainy
Council Member
Send Message
Oh fiddle sticks! So much further ahead.
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
I could wait till u caught up?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I must say I'm deeply fascinated and impressed by people taking on JRRT's languages. And of our Sage's (dirk_math) apparently copious knowledge of the subject. Image

Oh, btw, Menegilda: do I detect a faint hint of twitter-pollution in your post?

[Edited on 11/16/2018 by Gandolorin]
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
I don't do twitter, but what do you mean?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
"... till u caught up?"

Mind you, I occasionally came accross such oddities back when I lived in the US well over 40 years ago, so it predates twitter. Image
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, well, that would be because I do Quotev.com, and that is the 'language' there. I keep getting the sites mixed up!
<< First910111213
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email