Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ImladrisElven
Council Member
Send Message
Post Click here if you are a CANADIAN(eh?)
on: June 29, 2003 03:46
I am a canadian elf looking for lotr groups acrossed the contry. Or people who live near me willing to organix ones. Or people who know of like cominities. Or people who have ideas. Just stuff. or if you are just canadian!
PLEEEEEAAAAAAAAEEEEEESSSSSSEEE helpp!!!
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post RE: Click here if you are a CANADIAN(eh?)
on: July 08, 2003 03:03
Sorry I took so long to respond. There are actually a lot of Canadians on this site. I am from Windsor, Ontario.
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 05:57
I'm from Vancouver. There have been several attempts to have a meeting of LOTR fans in Vancouver but there are never enough people signed up. If you are interested go to lotr.meetup.com. Meetup helps organize meeting worldwide on many many topics and interests, including LOTR and Tolkein. They have an international lotr day each month (second wednesday I think). Anyway hopefully we'll get enough people together one day to have a meeting.

I wish I could make it to Toronto at the end of this month for the big meeting there - but I'm going to the Indy race here in Vancouver.
Gayalhawiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 05:43
hey! I'm from Kitchener,Ontario! I have also been looking for LOTR groups in Canada/Ontario and haven't found ANY! I hope to go to the Toronto Gathering in December. Is anyone here going?
rohan_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2003 05:34
I'm not really a Canadian yet, though I live in Welland, Onatrio... I might be going to the Toronto Gathering though I don't know yet...
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 11:23
Hey fellow Canadians! How's it hangin' eh? There aren't really any lotr fans in Toronto where I'm from. Well, at least that I know of.

Gayalhawiel, I'm going to the Tolkien gathering, hope to see you there!
rhînolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 07:25
I'm also from Toronto (looks like you're not totally alone, hobbithole_dweller). Though I don't believe I'll be able to make it to the gathering coming up soon, I have been to some of the LotR exhibits in the past few years. I don't know many people who are as... absorbed in LotR as I am, but there are people; all you have to do is find them. Hope you all have fun at the gathering!
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2003 06:32
I AM CANADIAN! Sorry, love that commercial. I'm from Mississauga, Ontario which is right outside of Toronto. I'm hoping to go to the Gathering but I highly doubt that I'll make it. Altought I am trying to score tickets to the premiere of RotK at the Paramount theatres in T.O.
Gayalhawiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2003 05:39
Hello! I have lived in Canada all of my life. And ever since I first became a fan of LOTR, I have found no true LOTR fans in my area.So i was wondering, anyone on here from Canada, or even better, Ontario! Thanks for your time!
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2003 05:40
Yes! I'm from Ontario. I wondered why there were lotr fans from everywhere but Canada.
It may seem there are no true fans here but I'm sure there are!
Fossegrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2003 05:27
I'm from Northern Ontario (community population - 7000). There are many LotR fans here (maybe it is because there is nothing else to do ). There has to be plenty of fans in the Toronto area though.
Zoe
Lemba Chef
Send Message
on: August 21, 2003 04:35
I'm about an hour or so out of Vancouver in a town called Aldergrove.
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2003 09:22
Hi Zoe. I'm just down the road a bit in Vancouver. I was past Aldergrove last weekend on my way home from the Okanagan.
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2003 01:32
Hey this is just for anyone who might be in Ontario around the time that RotK comes out and who isn't going to the Gathering in T.O. I was thinking that maybe anyone who's interested could get together and go see RotK together in Toronto on opening night or something. Just a thought, but if anyone wants to, PM me.
Andaariel
CoE Party Planning Admin & Proud Mommy
Send Message
on: August 24, 2003 09:10
I'm from Kitchener, Ontario, as well I'd love to go to the Toronto Gathering in December, but I'm afraid I'm planning to be in LA for the RotK party!
AnrionEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 06:30
any chance theres anyone from edmonton alberta? im here until december and then ill be in toronto
Eryn_Undumiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 11:34
Suilad! I'm in Vancouver too! Well, I used to be in Edmonton, sorry Anrion. so, just wondering if there's anyone from anywhere besides BC and Ontario?
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2003 05:55
Hi Eryn_Undumiel, I live in Vancouver too, Zoe is from Abbotsford, and Moogan1689 is from Saskatoon.

[Edited on 4/9/2003 by Roheryn]
Lietur
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2003 10:39
rock on saskatoon! i used to live there, now I am in the wonderfully rainy city of vancouver. yay, go van!
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2003 06:51
Hi Lietur, I'm also here in Vancouver, but it hasn't exactly been rainy here this summer has it? I think it's been the driest summer in about forty or more years.
lightning_princess17
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 20, 2003 05:50
You guys are lucky you live in large cities where there are lots of fans. I live in Medicine Hat, Alberta and the only other fan I know is my best friend (I got her interested in it).
Remmirath
Sleepless Astronomer
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 02:49
currently i live near edmonton, but i have lived in ontario and i was born in saskatchewan
flyelven
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 07:52
im from alberta! and hello hello my fellow canadians! i love canada and everyone in it! eh? man i love that word!
Yano
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2003 05:52
any chance theres anyone from edmonton alberta? im here until december and then ill be in toronto

I live in Edmonton!
AlatarielofRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2003 08:15
Well, I'm a Canadian citizen, and I was born in British Columbia, but I now live in the states. All of my mom's side of the family like in or around St. Catharines, Ontario...not to far from some of you.
LOTR_FREAK
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 08:48
I AM CANADIAN! (hehe i love those ads) anyway, it looks like there's alot of people who are from canada (especially toronto) and are looking for groups. well it so happens im looking for a group 2! i live in Nova Scotia but i spend alot of time in Ontario (toronto area) because all my family is there. is anybody here interested in talking about starting a group? we could maybe go see ROTK 2gether then have a middle-earth/LOTR party or something?

and whats up with the toronto gathering? i read about it on the site fellowshipof thegathering.com (something like that). do you have to pay to get in? where is it in Toronto> when? and is everybody invited to go to it? somebody pLEASE tell me cuz i really want to go. and if there are some out there who want to start a gathering let me know and we could discuss it. THANKS! oh and in there are some Nova Scotian out there then please tell me cuz I spend more the half of the year here!
LOTR_FREAK
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 08:52
i forgot to ask, does anybody have information about the ROTK party in LA? dates, times, location, please tell me if you do know cuz it would be a big help
Andaariel
CoE Party Planning Admin & Proud Mommy
Send Message
on: October 16, 2003 10:29
LOTR Freak, all the information you need to know about the LA meeting is at the top of the page in the RotK in LA subforum. We've been posting in there for quite a while, and update every time something new comes up! As for the Toronto gathering, there is another thread in this forum discussing it.
Mara
Chiquita Banana
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 06:32
I'm fairly new here (been a member for almost a month) and I was wondering if anybody in here is from the GTA...or better yet Hamilton or Burlington? I'd love to meet some more LOTR fans! :love: :dizzy:
minuial_gil_estel
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 09:30
I am too!!!! I really would like to meet some fun LotR fans... total lack of them in my area!!!
xgurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 05:15
I'm new here and a Canadian as well. I'm from the Toronto area
Mara
Chiquita Banana
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 06:12
That's awesome xgurl! Where abouts are ya from? Toronto itself? or one of the suburbs? feel free to pm or email me!
xgurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 09:42
Suburbs of Toronto. I think it'd be cool to live in downtown Toronto
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 07:58
Eh! lol hey everyone! I'm a fellow Canadain too! I'm from Alberta.
Mara
Chiquita Banana
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 01:17
Alberta? I'm trying to get a job out there! I'd love to go to alberta!

I'm from Hamilton, ON...there don't seem to be too many people in Hamilton on the site...either that or i just don't know them...lol...other than minuial_gil_estel, of course!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email