Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post RE: Realm FAQ
on: December 28, 2010 06:00
Hi EruanaAndMenel, no you are not obligated to advertise your realm. Realm members just tend to be proud of the realm they are in and like to show it in their sig. Each realm has their own "thing" for lack of a better word. For example: Yavanna has chocolate, Vana has keeperships and Vaire has the corrupt vs. uncorrupt etc. etc.
If you haven't already, you might want to check out the Realms Pages here for a better idea of the realms. The news page and the Charter can usually give you a good idea of the realm. Or you can pm the realm heads to get info on their particular realm.
Hope this has helped.

Lanyare
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Realm FAQ
on: March 10, 2012 03:48
Hey there!

Not sure if this is the correct place to mention it, but... I can't seem to find the quiz. When I click on the link at the Realms page, it says that the page could not be found.

I would very much like to join a realm, but I'm somewhat clueless as to which one I should join.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: March 10, 2012 07:53
Unless I am mistaken, quizzes in general were not converted to the new site, so the realm quiz didn't make it here either.
In the meantime, you can try glancing at the realms page, checking out the activity and specifications on the main pages of the fourteen realms we have, and make your choice based on these.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Dolwen
Send Message
on: March 10, 2012 11:21
Also, if you scroll down to the bottom of this general realms forum and go into the Banners thread you will see descriptions of several of the realms there.
Illiana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2012 02:10
Ok,so,I've been here for a few months,but the whole "Realms" thing kinda confuses me.Like,what do you do in the Realms,what purpose do they serve?I just need someone to explain it to me.XD
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: March 30, 2012 09:08
Illiana,

If you'll go here, you'll find a description of all the realms in CoE. You'll notice they're all named after the Valar and each one has its own identity based on the Vala it is named after.

The realms are like small intimate neighborhoods within the boundaries of a large city. Each neighborhood has its 'regulars', so to speak, and allows you to get to know a smaller group of people within the total population of CoE. It is often a good way for a newbie to get their feet wet (oops, did you guess I'm from the realm of Ulmo? *laughing*) as it is not as overwhelming as working your way through the entire CoE site.

Read the description behind each realm and the rules about joining one (e.g. once you join a realm, you must stay with that realm for 3 months before you can choose another). Then make a decision as to whether you want to join a realm or not.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Dolwen
Send Message
on: March 30, 2012 11:49
Also, I know that some of the realms, Vaire included, have a bit about what their realm members seem to have in common in the Realm Charter, which can be found be clicking each of the different realms at the link that Bereth provided above.
Illiana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2012 05:18
Thanks!You guys were a big hel!XD
Ysilme
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2013 01:30
Sorry if I'm in the wrong place here - I just joined and am ploughing my way through the rules, FAQ and so on, and am not yet sure where everything is. I found several references to the realms quiz, and tried to follow any link/place that was mentioned, but all the links/places lead me to a notice that it hadn't been found.
Has the quiz been moved without updating the links, or is it no longer existent?

Thanks!
-------------- Suilad, Earwen "Books fall open, you fall in"
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: January 20, 2013 01:56
Hi Winterwitch and a warm welcome ~ I'm afraid the realm quiz no longer exists. When we converted to our new site, that was one of the things we lost. You'll have to click on each realm and read their page to get a feel for them: Here's a linky with a list of all realms: http://www.councilofelrond.com/realm/
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Ysilme
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2013 02:04
Thank you for the fast answer. In this case, it would probably a good idea to update the relevant FAQs and the welcome PM for new members (which is a great idea in itself, btw), but I suppose I'm not telling anything new with that?
*goes back to learn how to use this great site*
-------------- Suilad, Earwen "Books fall open, you fall in"
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: January 20, 2013 02:13
It's a work in progress.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
AnariaLaurelin
Council Member
Send Message
A lot of the realms' banners, insignias, etc. aren't showing up on my computer. Is this another thing with the new site? Also, it seems many realms haven't been active since 2006 or so...

[Edited on 12/31/2013 by AnariaLaurelin]
Image Image
papples
Council Member
Send Message
I'm newer to this site, and found out about realms yesterday. I went to the realms page (Community>>Realms) to find out more and join a realm.

There was also a link to the quiz, so I clicked it, but it didn't work. I have tried on my computer and my iPad, it still won't work. What should I do?
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
The quiz is no longer availible. My suggestion is read about each Realm and find one that sounds good. If it isn't right for you, try another in three months. That's what I'm doing. Good luck!

[Edited on 08/14/2014 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Dolwen
Send Message
Hi papples and welcome to CoE. To know more about each realm you could visit each ones personal page to get info on the kinds of things they do and if you have any questions I would suggest private messaging the realm heads to get additional info.
papples
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks!
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I think Realms should have a trial period, say 10 days. It is not fair to join a Realm and then find out no one is posting and it is very inactive and you are stuck in it for 3 months. A long member list means nothing. The TWO of us who are active in Aule are trying but the Realm head doesn't even post regularly.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Same in Ulmo. I haven't posted much there because there is limited activity.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Dolwen
Send Message
The purpose of the three months was to prevent people from hopping from realm to realm back when all the realms were very active. Unfortunately, that isn't the case any longer. I agree that the member lists aren't accurate but the feature for the heads to remove inactive members from the list doesn't work. I'd suggest sending a pm to the realm heads that you are interested in to inquire about activity levels before joining another one after the three months so that you don't end up with another inactive realm. I know there are still a few active realms but other than my own, I don't know which ones. Have either of you tried sending a pm to LadyCeleborn, the Realms Admin? She may be able to help you.

[Edited on 08/30/2014 by Dolwen]
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Along with Vairë, Yavanna is active.

(Considering how inactive a lot of the Realms are, I suggest trying to join another Realm before your three months are up... It might work... )
The Lady Idril
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!
I wanted to join the Realm of Este but when I pressed the hyperlink that said "join" it led me to an announcement page originally made when the realms were new. Does this mean I am in Este? I'm confused.
The Lady Idril, Princess of Gondolin, Este Realm Member, www.loveroflembas.blogspot.com
Dolwen
Send Message
If you are in Este you will see their forums appear on your main forum page between the REALMS and ROLEPLAYING forums, with a heading of Realm of Este the Gentle or something similar.

[Edited on 07/17/2015 by Dolwen]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email