Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
fosca44
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: who is the funniest character
on: February 23, 2004 07:38
I join the gang saying Merry and Pippin as a duo - I like Pippin best, but that might be because I think he's got lots of charisma (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

I can't help mentioning Smeagol as well - strange it might be. I think the schizophrenic scene in TT is brilliant, the way it changes between unsettling and humurous "Not listening, not listening!"
MrsFrodo
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 08:13
Merry! He's soooo funny. When Eowyn is saying, "Off to the smithee," his face is sooo cute. Pippin's really funny too, but less so in TROTK cause i guess is role is slightly more serious.

[i][/i]Such oft are the deed that move the wheels of the world. Small hands do them because they must, whilst the eyes of the great are elsewhere.
gothic_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 01:53
I'd say Gimli, really. Or perhaps Gollum. Merry & Pippin are funny in a cute way though :love:
elfi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 10:36
Suilad Members,

Everybody is funny for some reason:
- Pippin and Merry is the absolute No. 1.:love:
- Gollum when he is speaking about "my precioussssssssssssss"
- it is also funny when Gimli and Legolas are counting their victims during the fight.

In the book the funniest character is Tom Bombadil. It's a really great piti to ignore him from the film.

Garo arad vaer!:heart:

Elfi
blixy18
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 12:55
merry and pippin were the funniest in fellowship and two towers but when they were split up in rotk. i think gimli was probably the funniest there. especially with the certainty of death line. i loved it.
Lotr_rocks_
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 02:31
Merry And Pipinn (i dont know how to spell thet name right)
There are sooo funny and cool.:heart:
LuthienofRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 01:56
Pippin is definitly the funniest,although Gimli deserves a second place,he can be funny too!
tar_hazelton
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 05:06
Gandalf's reactions to Pippin are quite funny. ("In fact, it's better if you don't say anything at all, Peregrin Took.")

Eomer has some of the funniest lines like "May these horses bear you to better fortune than their former masters." and "I do not doubt his heart, only the reach of his arm."
Irethyne
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 06:01
I definitely think Gollum is the funniest character. He's just hilarious when he's having the debate with himself!
Miss_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 06:14
Definetly merry and pippen. for all the reasons said about them above
cumula
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 01:06
In TTT it´s Theoden, when they are waiting at Helm´s Deep for the battle to begin and it´s starting to rain - his facial expression is cracking me up every time. It´s like "Just another manic warday. ". Absolutely brilliant! In ROTK it´s Legolas´face when they are standing at the Black Gate and Sauron´s whole army comes out. Legolas bows to the left and seems to think "Let´s show them that elves DO have facial expressions! "
And in TTT EE it´s Éowyn singing. I watched EE after ROTK and expected a fantastic song like Pippin´s, but asa she opened her mouth I laughed my head off. Oh, and of course I just love the scene when she proudly presents her home-cooked stew and Aragorn tries to get rid of it but isn´t able to... Marvellous!
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 03:14
I thought Pippin was the funniest. He is aborable.
square
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 05:17
I think it was Pippin.
Délanor
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2004 04:18
Pip is for me the number one!! After Pip Merry (especially when Pip and Merry are together) One of the the funniest part with Pippin is in FOTR, at the council: *Where are we going?*

But Gimli is also a funny guy: *You find more cheer in a graveyard* And afcorse, body counting with Lego! *That only counts as one!* Etc....

In the movies some persons make such a hilarious facial expressions! It is not a funny part of FOTR, but when Aragorn is fighting with the Uruk he got stuck between the tree and the shield, and then it`s like he`s trying to let you see all of his teeth.. *LOL* i think it is funny. And when Gimli is in Rivendell, he sais *....before I see it in the hands of an elf..* Then you see his spit floating in the air. Poor guys who were standing in front of him....
Délanor
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2004 04:22
Owh, I forget Smeagol! Also a very funny guy...

TTT: *I told him to go away, and away he goes precioussss! ... Smeagol is free!*
Denethorsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 03:44
There are three funny characters that I find funny. Gimli-And that counts as one. Pippen and Merry-The scene in Lothrien in the extended when Pippin farts.
elf_maiden1984
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2006 07:26
Pippin was funny So was merry, But Gimli had his moments as well. Actually they all are if you think about it. Even Frodo, Plus if you've seen FotR as much as me you can make your own jokes.
Sheledrial
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 06:30
we all no pippin is one of the funniest characters in the film but who is the funniest in the film to u?

Pipplin and Smeagol
creeps2002
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 05:49
Pippin and Sam are my favourite characters in the movie, but I think Pippin is the funniest. If it were out of the book I'd say Tom Bombodil <--- Sorry if it's spelt wrong :rolling:
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2006 03:11
What was so horible that AryonaFiRE said? i don't get it... anyway, Pippin has to be the funniest, always with the innocent look with the humor. Gimli and Legolas are funny just because of their contests to see who kills the most orc. especially in ROTK when Legolas killed all of the humans and orcs and finally the oliphant, then slides down with a smirk and Gimli says "that still only counts as one!" that has got to be the funniest part of ROTK. i agree with the peeps that said "they have a cave troll" is funny, coz it was. No offense, but on another website in the humor, Legolas replies "does my hair look alright?" and aragorn and baramir say "shut up!" i thought that was funny.
LadyWoodelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2006 01:46
The orcs crack me up. Laugh at me if you will but whenever I saw the Orcs or Uruk Hai I go CRACKING UP! Especially in the end when Aragorn sliced the Uruk Hai's arm off then stabbed him in the torso,then the Uruk Hai proceeded to PUSH IN THE SWORD while giving an evil smile,then Aragorn took the sword and WHAM,no arm or head,and a whole in the torso. Now that is some sick comedy

I have to agree. That was funny when Aragorn whacked his head off for sticking his ugly face in his. But all in all I think Pippen was the funniest.
CAH
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 05:55
The drinking game scene in ROTK is one of the best. When Legolas rubs his fingers together and mentions they are beginning to tingle the expression on the humans is priceless. You just know they are thinking, "pansy elves can't hold their liquor!" Then he says, "Game over." His smirk is wonderful, proving once again that elves are the superior race!

Ces
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 14, 2009 03:37
It's a toss up between Gimli and Pippin.....but I guess I'd go with Gimli out of the two of them...
crystalarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2009 08:20
For me, Gimli is the funniest character. I love it when he and Legolas have that contest to see who can kill the most Uruks at Helm's Deep. And then on the Pelennor feilds when he says, "I still only counted one!" LOL I love that!

But Merry and Pippin are funny too. I like the part when Merry says, "I think I broke something," and pulls out the carrot. It's also really funny when they both eat nine lembas bread even though one bite is enough for a whole day. ha ha!!
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2009 12:09
Pippin and Merry! They always put a smile on my face.
renttelb12
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2010 05:31
The guys that got me laughing the most in book and movie were Gimli, Merry and Pippin, and Gandalf. eg: Merry and Pip's vegetable stunt, the bath scene in the book, isengard reception...and generally those 2 are super cute together

Gimli: The crazy dwarf scenes like "No not the beard!" and the drinking game, that stuff.

Gandalf: "Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took, and if that does not shatter them and I am allowed peace from foolish questions we may be able to solve this."

For those who have seen at least some of the Extended Edition.....you gotta love Figwit's 'WTF?' look at the council of Elrond.......just CRAZY!
Faramira
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2010 10:34
Pippin is very funny.
coral
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: who is the funniest character
on: March 22, 2012 09:38
Gimli, when Legolas pulls his beard, when Aragorn tosses him, when the wargs fall on him, when he talks about the Fangorn forest, and, of course the drinking game!
Nrogara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2012 04:24
It really should be unanimous: Pippen! Though Merry in the films is pretty funny too. And Gandalf gets me with his sarcasm, and Sam with the funny way he says things.
Image Image
markste
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2012 07:25
Pipplin is awesome. I like Pipplin.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2012 09:11
Pippin just doesn't think before he does stuff...I'd have to say if I was just watching the movies and not having to think about it, it would defiantly be Pippin.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
I-Am-Figwit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2013 05:15
Pippin and Gollum when he is having his good/bad arguments with himself.
kimmishrooms
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2013 03:28
Quote from coral on March 23, 2012, 07:38
Gimli, when Legolas pulls his beard, when Aragorn tosses him, when the wargs fall on him, when he talks about the Fangorn forest, and, of course the drinking game!

Oh, the drinking game is priceless. I love Gimli, such an awesome personality. I was humored a bit by Treebeard, but it really comes down to the hobbits and Gimli.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email