Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady_Tiriel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What makes you cry?
on: June 28, 2008 08:03
Music. Namely, Allegri's Miserere, Arcadelt's Ave Maria, Mozart's Ave Verum, Palestrina's "Sicute Cervus, etc.:cry:
crystalarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2009 10:24
The scene in TT when Elrond foresees Arwen's future, a couple sad songs, and when the stress of school becomes too great.
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2009 12:03
Ohh, movies, books, poems, it doesn't take much.

Happy or sad tears.
Rhinesilver
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2009 10:47
@Pippin_Luv: I'm like that too-- a good poke would make me cry.

But something I have ALWAYS cried over in any situation: a song that a music box plays. Usually it's got to be an old-fashioned music box. The song doesn't have to be particular. I don't know what it is, but it always gets the waterworks flowing.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2009 12:32
I can't watch Finding Neverland without crying, which is very embarassing as everyone else manages to stay dry eyed.
I also had to get up and leave when I was watching Hotel for Dogs with my family because I was tearing up.

And I cried when I saw each Lotr film for the first time.

Fiddler on the Green by Demons & Wizards, When Morning Comes by Dishwalla, and Ein Elefant für Dich by Wir sind Helden, all put me in a crying mood.

Pan's Labyrinth had me bawling my eyes out too.
And I cry when I get reminded of certain painful things.
I know it sounds like a lot, but I actually don't cry that often. :rolleyes:
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 06, 2009 02:03
I cry every time I read Ever by Gail Levine, and I cried when I read Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
~limwen~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2009 02:43
i cryed last night when we went to a concert the band was called mercy me, i cryed and i had no clue why! :cry:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: What makes you cry?
on: November 01, 2012 04:42
I cried in the movies called Fireproof and Courageous by Sherwood Pictures. They are both sooo good. And the movie October Baby. Really sad and good.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: What makes you cry?
on: November 02, 2012 03:09
It might be interesting for a guy to post on this thread but I just gotta say what makes me cry (it takes a lot to do it). If a man cries then I'm pretty much going to cry as well.
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I don't much cry for myself, but it always upsets me when someone else is crying. Especially if it one of my friends.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
^^

What wolfbladequeen said. And especially ladies, i can't stand it when they cry, I have to find a way to stop it because I feel like I'm somehow to blame if I dont cheer them up again.

Tho I think I cried back in 2009 when my grandpa died...but I did that out in the woods where no one would see.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I cry A LOT XD I'm very emotional! I cry over friend issues, parents, school stress and when I can't do anything right!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
The only time I remember crying (or tearing would be more exact) when watching a movie was when I watched Marley and Me. I don't cry a lot, but tear up easily when scolded or criticised. I also tear when worshipping in church.
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^ Same with the last two!!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hm, whenever birthdays of deceased relatives come around (both of my grandmothers and my brother) I pretty much cry any where from once to four times a day. When I hear the song "I See Fire" by Ed Sheeren, sometimes when Im writing, the movie Titanic, and the intro to Carelli's Christmas Concerto and the entire song "Heartwounds and Last Spring" by Grieg. As well as "Jupiter" by Holtz.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Watching the sun come up with a friend
Seeing Earendil in the sky when I open my door in the morning
Tilion high overhead
*All Your Life* by The Band Perry
Missing someone so much I can hardly breathe

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I cry over a lot of things. ^^ I agree with a lot of yours, Lin. I also cry when I get overly stressed. When things pile up and I can't keep track. I tend to also cry when a sad song comes on my iPod and I'm already having a bad day.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I cry (well, I try my best not to cry) when we have to get into groups in P.E and I'm left all one my own. Also, when I'm watching from the sidelines while everyone else is having fun. Especially if it's my friends and they don't notice. (this happened in tennis when we had to keep switching around only I never got a turn) I cry when I write a sad song.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Little kids who's parents were never there for them and never had a chance for a good upbringing. They blame it on themselves even though they didn't do anything to deserve that life. Thinking of how messed up our world is becoming and realizing that I'm going to have to bring my kids up in this society. When I'm laughing too hard at a joke. When I think of how heaven is eternal. When I know a ton of things are coming up and I wont be able to finish them in time. When some one gives an amazing speech that I totally agree with. What Wolfie just said! When a song completely describes my mood. I cry a lot. I'm pretty sensitive.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^ All of those!! ^^ No wonder we're siblings
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Rodwen (and everyone else), children are the hope of the world. So don't ever give in to that despairing thought that there is no future in this world for them. Nonsense! This universe is an amazing place and there's nothing more wonderful than to bring another consciousness into it to experience it. I tell you, that's the bottom line.

What a mess we make
What a trust we break
Not giving our wings
To our children
Oh how we fail them
How we nail them
- Roy Harper

(Yeah, and Ethelynn? You might wanna pull back on the whole sibling thing now. I think we got it. )
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
Sad stories and when my kids write me a story about me. When Boromir gets killed in FOTR I cry and cry.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Stress. Yesterday I had a mental break down. When work piles up and I feel there's nothing I can do about it, I tend to freak out.
I also cry anytime my mother and I disagree. I've been trying so hard to get on her good side, but all efforts seem pointless, I always make her angry and never meet her standards of perfection.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
EthelynnGreenleaf said:... never meet her standards of perfection.

Perfection is an illusion. This is on point where I can get REALLY angry. About 100% of the time it means "just realize my prejudices are better than yours!".
Of course without explanation. That is where I tear in with questions with about as much restraint as a wolverine or a Tasmanian devil can come up with.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think was Ethelynn means is living up to what her mother wants her to do, which is not what she herself wants to be like. And i can personally vouch for her in that regard.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I certainly never meant to criticize Ethelynn. And in fact, her mother may not be demanding perfection. This might be a case of "I never meant it that way." Misunderstanding. But if you (I) have to say that (I may be repeating myself here, but on this topic I am willing to do it again and again), we have just learned that our words may be understood otherwise than we have intended. That we need to speak more clearly, and to do so we must ask why our words have been understood in this for us surprising way.

Easy for me to say at 58.

@ EthelynnGreenleaf: I guess what I wish for you is that you have the opportunity to explain to your mother why you do not want to do what she wants you to do, and that your mother is able to explain, really explain, why she wants you to.
No question, I am speculating while being in a total fog as to what your and your mother's situation is.
Maybe it would help to tell your mother that you got this stuff from a 58-year-old geezer and not "just" from the CoE members your own age.
(Did I just enhance my argument or totally sink it? Grumble, sigh)
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It was enhanced, Gandolorin, and you are right. Now, head over to the Games to blow off steam.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I totally agree with you, Gandolorin.

As for what makes me cry? Death, especially of friends and family. And that's about it.
Loreanna
Council Member
Send Message
I've cried four times so far in my life. No, I'm not "old", just "crispy" (especially when I snap, crackle, pop in the morning, and I'm not eating cereal). I cried out of joy when I bore two sons, two treasures no money can buy. I cried twice out of sheer pain. Once when I spent my dad's last night at the hospital, keeping him company when everybody else went home--after all, there was nothing more to be done. I cried buckets during the entire night. And, when my she-cat Glida left, after 18 years of companionship and her having telepathically saved my life two times during this period. I cried myself empty then. As there seems to be lots of young people here, may I share what my father Roland taught me?
1. Never compete with the world or with others, only with yourself. Be better each day. Do better each time.
2. And always choose the side which is busy working. There's much less competition there.
3. Never do anything just because there's nobody watching you. There is ALWAYS someone seeing what you do: YOU, yourself. And you don't want to disappoint your very, very best friend, now, do you? Self-esteem is built day by day.
So, don't cry over spilt milk. Wipe up the mess the best you can, stand up, and start all over again, even if from scratch. I've not just wanting to be a goody-goody here giving out free advice. Believe me, it works. I've tested it. Lots of love to all!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That is excellent and true advice, Loreanna! Thank you and welcome to CoE. We are glad to have you here!
4EVERELVISH
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2015 12:58
Lorien_Greenleaf said:Let me see....

hormones
sad movies - like Bambi
love stories
PMS

so glad im not alone!
''For an eternity I have waited for you, and now another eternity I must spend with my heart whispering your name.''
4EVERELVISH
Council Member
Send Message
EthelynnGreenleaf said:I cry A LOT XD I'm very emotional! I cry over friend issues, parents, school stress and when I can't do anything right!

same here!
''For an eternity I have waited for you, and now another eternity I must spend with my heart whispering your name.''
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
I can keep myself from crying usually. It's a lot harder when someone else is crying too, so:
sad scenes in movies I'm watching for the first time
deaths of characters I have a strong emotional attachment to
when I get really frustrated
homesickness
I have laughed so hard I cried before
pain
Image Image Love is the strongest force the world possesses - Mahatma Gandhi
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
um, usually when I get my feelings hurt, like when my parents actually YELL at me, or my friend says something insulting to me.

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
When I just get overwhelmed and haven't dealt with things properly.
Good music/movies
When guys are complicated
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email