Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Well I don't want to be or sound biased but you can always come and join the realm of Vairë. The realm is very active
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Nessa isn't incredibley active, but we're doing a little better now. I'd rather like to have you in Nessa.

But you shouldn't join just because I want you to, obviously.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
AnariaLaurelin
Council Member
Send Message
I can't decide whether to join Varda, Vairë or Yavanna.

From Varda's charter page, I am "a nature lover; fond of art, whether in painting, drawing, acting, sculping, writing, or simply... art; fond of the simplest things, like reading Tolkien in a rainy afternoon; enchanted by waterfalls; and able to find completion in the stars."

Of Vairë, I am "fascinated by the history of Middle-Earth and in love with the Silmarillion; love to play games that challenge the mind; love to have my nose in a wonderful tale or lost in contemplation as you dream your next chapter, poem or work of art; enjoy a good discussion....wherever imagination can take me; love projects as well."

With the Yavanna theme, I also love gardening and the Two Trees of Valinor-- even my username has Laurelin in it. I am a chocolate hound as well.

I really want to be in an active realm--Vairë seems to be the most active at the moment. I would prefer a larger realm as well, though size doesn't matter as much. But Varda seems to epitomize my interests exactly! Also, every time I cross Yavanna off my list, I regret it and add it back on. I seem to be really bad at decision making!

Other things about me: Female, completely obsessed with LOTR, love learning new things, figure skater, and my favorite color is turquoise.

Hope I'm not presenting an impossible quandary!
~Anarien Míriel Laurelin
Image Image
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, you sound like me. Sometimes I have the hardest time choosing between things.

As you said that Varda seems to have all your interests, I would suggest perhaps trying out there, see if you can stir things up. Nessa was practically dead when I first joined it, but then we were able to get her dancing again, after a bit of work. You never know: Varda may just be waiting for you to come along and help her up. And also remember that you don't have to stay permanently in any realm. You can always change later if Varda doesn't pick up.

That didn't sound very helpful to me...

You can completely discard all of this if you want to by the way. That's just my opinion.

[Edited on 01/03/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
AnariaLaurelin
Council Member
Send Message
I might try that, but I don't want to have to wait the three months if I'm not satisfied. Maybe I'll PM the heads--Do you know who they are for those realms?
Image Image
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
AnariaLaurelin the head of Vairë is Dolwen. To find out who the heads of Varda and Yavanna are you could send a PM to LadyCeleborn who is the Moderator for the Realm section and she might be able to help you.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
AnariaLaurelin, Timpenin is our Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna. I know we're not supposed to sway you, but just so you know, there are five of us who are regular posters and will always welcome new members (and old ones who haven't visited in a while...). We discuss nearly everything and always have a game or two going.

Good luck with your choice! (And three months isn't that long. )
AnariaLaurelin
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks! I'll try that!
Image Image
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I have joined Nessa!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yayayayayayayayayay!!! *tackles Wolfie* That's awesome!! Can't wait to see you around!
AnariaLaurelin
Council Member
Send Message
I've decided on Varda; I really hope it's active at the moment!
Image Image
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email