Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Winter Vaccation
on: April 24, 2004 03:58
Elrohir smiled at his brother. "Good," he said as he wrote. ((Am assuming he's doing the honors of being the scribe...)) "She'll totally believe it's from him." He finished writing all that Elladan had carefully dictated to him, making sure it looked exactly like Estel's handwriting. Elrohir seemed to be thinking exactly what the blonde elf prince was. "What'll we make the reply say?" he asked his brother. He handed the pen to Elladan, and said, "You should write this one, because my handwriting doesn't look like our sister's. At all."

Elrohir thought for a moment. "Should we make it all mushy? You know how Sis gets when even you-know-who's name is mentioned..." he whispered.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 09:42
Elladan took the ink pot from Elrohir and grabbed a new piece of paper. Tapping the feather against his lip, he said, his tone thoughful, "We probably should send them to different places. Otherwise, we'll have a major mushy scene, and *that's* no fun."

The others agreed, and Elladan continued pondering what to write. "How about...'My dearest Estel," he grinned at the others' muffled giggles.

"'Ever since I first met you in the woods of fair Imladris, I have not been able to stop thinking of you. Please meet me in the glade where first we met at twilight. I eagerly anticipate your arrival. Your Tinuviel.'" Elladan paused, looking at his twin and his friend. "What do you think? Too mushy, not mushy enough...what?"
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 09:51
"Not enough," Elrohir's sarcastic voice came. "She's much more mushy than that." He smiled at his twin. "It's still missing something."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2004 10:17
"Much as I hate to admit it, you're right," Elladan sighed, nibbling on the feather of the pen. "You're more like Arwen than I am...what would you write, if given the choice?" he asked his twin after a moment of silence.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2004 01:18
((Buries face in hands...My brother and I had fun writing this...))

Elrohir thought for a moment, then said, "She's such a love bird with Estel, so..." his voice trailed off. How about...My dearest Estel, my life's greatest love and only hope, Please accept this invitation to meet me near the glade whence I first laid my eyes on you on that perfect twilight evening. I eagerly anticipate the arrival of he who I have uttermost love for. Your loving Tinuviel.?
:heart:
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2004 03:04
((*giggles* I love it! Your brother was in on that? Wow...a poet at heart!))

Elladan stared at his twin, his mouth wide. "Remind me to pay more attention in whatever class you got that from," he finally said. "That's perfect! Legolas, any input?" he asked, turning to the blonde elf prince.

Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 10:04
((Since gabriel hasn't posted yet, I guess I will, just to keep the story alive. ))

Elrohir leaned over to whisper to his brother. "Remember that day..." he began. One rainy Saturday morning, both of the twins had gone exploring in their father's study and found old letters. Glorfindel had not been pleased, and neither had Elrond. In fact, both of the twins, though it was Elrohir's idea, had gotten severely punished for that.

"We read all of them, and I remember some of what was written," he said. Although it was not made clear to whom the letters had been written and from who, Elrohir was certain that it had been between their parents before they were married. "After all, Ada knew Grandfather and Grandmother," was his explanation.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 01:55
"Ahhh..." Elladan smiled. Now that he thought about it, he remembered that day as well. Since Legolas seemed to be lost in thought, the elder twin carefully dipped his pen and wrote what Elrohir had dictated in his most graceful handwriting, careful to use the special quirks Arwen had in her cursive. At last, it was done and signed with the biggest flourish Elladan had in him.

Elladan smiled and sprinkled sand over the wet ink before passing it to his brother. "A day will come when those two will look back and laugh at all of this...but it will not be this day," he grinned evilly. "This day will be our day of revenge."
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 02:11
Legolas smirked. He, personally, didn't have anything against Arwen and Estel. It was just amusing.

"I hope they don't suspect too much out of you two," he said. They eyed him disbelievingly.

"If this goes wrong, of course they'll suspect us!"

"Who else are they going to pick on, Glorfindel?"

"Alright, alright! Will this be ready to send then?" questioned the prince, looking fondly at the small enveloped letter. A red wax seal was placed on it, belonging to Estel. Somehow, the twins had gotten ahold of it.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 08:57
"Nice writing," Elrohir commented sarcastically to his brother. He turned to Legolas. "Yeah, it'll be ready soon. We just have to let the wax dry."

He stood up and started pacing back and forth, a nervous habbit that he had picked up from Elrond. "Now," he said, matching his brother's evil grin. "What shall we do for Glorfindel?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 07:45
Elladan thought about that, toying with one of his braids and rubbing his chin, a thoughtful gesture he'd picked up from Estel. "Hmhm...maybe something with his hair?" the elder twin suggested. "You know how vain he is about his beautiful, golden hair."

Elladan rolled his eyes. "Not unlike another blond we know," he teased, glancing at Legolas...and ducking as a pillow flew in his general direction.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 04:59
Elrohir pushed his dark braids out of his face. That morning, he had braided it similiarly to the way Legolas did, though much faster, and still nearly as neat. "Yeah," he agreed. "What about some of that hair dye or something? You know...not something too mean...but enough to get him..." Elrohir quickly became lost in thought, staring off into space.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 02:37
Legolas hugged the pillow that was thrown at him. He considered their ideas and said, "What's Glorfindel's least favorite color?"

They though for a moment; the older elf had was rather picky of his appearance, and to choose any color to dye his hair was creating chaos. But still, it would be ten times better if they chose a color he hated.

"Well, not blue, he likes blue," commented Elladan.

"How about hot pink?" suggested Elrohir.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 11:19
"Hm..." Elladan considered momentarily, running through the color patterns their father had taught them. Suddenly, a memory made him sit straight up. "What about sort of a pukish green?" he asked, remembering the first time he and Elrohir had experimented with the hair dyes. None had actually gotten on the twins (luckily) but their dog at the time had had pukish green fur for months afterwards.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 04:45
Elrohir thought for a moment, trying to remember what his brother was talking about. Unfortunately for them, they had gotten into quite a bit of trouble for that, and this time, it had been Elladan's idea. "Ada would kill us if we did something permanent," Elrohir warned. "But green sounds nice," he said. "I'd bet Erestor would have something we could use." He knew that Erestor would do practically anything to get back at Glorfindel. Not that Lord Elrond's advisors needed any help with getting along, though...
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 10:11
"Good idea," Elladan complimented, vaulting himself off his bunk. "We should go talk to him before much more time passes. You know how busy he gets as Midwinter gets ever closer."

The other two nodded agreement and got up from their comfortable seats with a groan. Quickly the three elves headed for where Erestor was most likely to be...the Hall of Fire.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 11:49
"Thanks," Elrohir replied. He turned to Legolas as the elves walked out of the bedroom and towards the Hall of Fire. "I'm always the one who comes up with the good ideas!" he whispered. Of course, he was joking in this matter, as it was actually usually the other way around. But still, he had fun teasing his identical bro.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 04:10
They found him without much trouble. He waved happily to the trio, and they waved back. At his foot were rolls of wrapping paper.

"Hey, good timing, why don't you give me a hand," grinned Erestor. Legolas picked a pile up, leaving some for his friends.

"Lovely day, is it not? Legolas, my brother and I have a favor to ask... if you may," inquired Elladan, though careful not to spill out his intentions. No use having Erestor tell Elrond about their "surprises".

"Sure, go on, my ears have your attention," he said, walking out the building. The others followed and at the same time, suppressed their excitement with great endurance.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 08:18
((Please don't let it die! I've sort of been on and off the computer lately...so this is the best that I can do.))

"Sure, go on, my ears have your attention," Erestor said, walking out of the building. The others followed him.

"Erestor," Elrohir began. Over all the years growing up in Rivendell, both he and his brother knew that Erestor wanted nothing more than to get even with Glorfindel. Sadly, this had not yet happened, as Glorfindel was much more clever than Erestor ever was. Perfect for the twins' plans. "We need your help, but please don't tell Ada. Anything."

Erestor rolled his eyes, wondering what sort of mischief he was getting himself pulled into. He should have known better than to help the twins with any "favours" that they may ask of him, but, after all, they did help him, so he owed it to them to help. "What is it, Elladan?" he asked.

"Erestor," Elrohir said. "I'm Elrohir and that's Elladan." He jerked his thumb in the general direction of his twin. No one could ever tell them apart, lest of all Erestor. "Do you have anything that we might be able to use as hair dye?" he asked, dropping his voice down to below a whisper.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 12:03
((nudge))

Erestor led them into the kitchen. Glancing around to see that no one was looking, he whispered, "I think I know just the thing."

Elrohir shot a mischievious grin in Elladan's direction. "Told you Erestor would be able to help us," he said.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 12:34
Elladan just grinned in reply as Erestor reached up into a cabinet that was usually locked. Looking around again, he came out with an unlabled jar. "This is what I call Bintral," he whispered. "Mix any color with it, and that color will be bound onto the hair until the owner cuts it off and let it grow out again."

He looked between the twins and the prince. "Be careful with it. It attaches to everything else, clothes, books and whatnot, and it never comes out of those." That said, he handed the jar to Elladan, the twin with the steadiest hands.

"Now, off with all of you. I have a lot to do before tonight," Erestor said in his normal tone, shooing the younger elves out.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 04:29
((Yay! I thought this one was a dead one...))

Elrohir grinned at his brother. He and the others walked towards the room.

"And do you suppose Glorfindel will suspect it's us?" he asked, his cautious voice just above a whisper.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 09:25
Legolas smirked. "Not if we make him think it's someone else. Now then... who's the next suspicious person beside you?" They pondered, wondering who else would fit. He or she would have to be some rival of Glorfindel's. "What about... a random drwarf?"

Elrohir shook his head. "No, if that happened, we might end up starting another dispute between elves and drwarves; don't need that. How about Arwen? You know she's always stealing his horse and competeting in beauty contest against him."

Elladan waved his hand as if to say 'no'. "We've already planned something for her. Think of someone else to take our burden!"
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 05:18
Legolas smirked. "Not if we make him think it's someone else. Now then... who's the next suspicious person beside you?" They pondered, wondering who else would fit. He or she would have to be some rival of Glorfindel's. "What about... a random drwarf?"

Elrohir shook his head. "No, if that happened, we might end up starting another dispute between elves and drwarves; don't need that. How about Arwen? You know she's always stealing his horse and competeting in beauty contest against him."

Elladan waved his hand as if to say 'no'. "We've already planned something for her. Think of someone else to take our burden!"

Elrohir thought for a minute. Both twins looked at each other at the same time, but only Elrohir spoke. A slight smile curved on the corners of his lips. It was as if one word came to his mind.

"Well, we might as well face the obvious," he said. "Either we're going to get blamed, or Estel is." ((I'm going to play it like Estel's only about fifteen or sixteen years old, k?)) He paused for a moment, then continued. "Let's see if we can shift the blame over in Estel's direction. Don't think it'd be hard."

Another thought lingered in his mind, but he pushed it out. They could blame Erestor, but the chief councillor had several things up his sleeve, if he were to become angry for any reason. And they didn't want that. So Elrohir said nothing of this, but was sure that Elladan knew what he was thinking.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 07:20
((*rubs her ears...* Remind me to never shoot a pistol without good earplugs...))

Elladan smiled. No, Erestor was not a person to be trifled with under any circumstances, and passing blame to him when he knew who it was...that was begging for trouble. "It is very easy to pass blame onto Estel," he remarked, looking both ways as the friends reached a crossroads in the halls. "We just have to pretend to be as clumsy as he is."

Elrohir and Legolas laughed softly as they reached the twins' room and went in, closing the door behind them. Elladan carefully stashed the dye in the weapons cabinet before joining the other males at the small desk. "What color should we use?" Elladan asked.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 05:24
Legolas shrugged. "I though we had already decided upon that. Whatever happened to pukish green? Or have you got another idea?"

"Maybe we require something... oh let's say... more obvious. I mean, green can easily blend in with the trees," said Elrohir, "I've never seen anyone with a classic red hair color walking around in Rivendell. We should re-think what shade we're going to use."

Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 05:42
"Green is very easy to hide," Elladan agreed. "Especially here, in this beautifully fertile valley. Red...mmmm...there have been a few Elves with red hair. Look at Feanor for a marvelous example. A more unusual color is in order, I think. Pink, maybe, or purple. Blue, perhaps...any suggestions?" He glanced between his twin and his friend.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email