Register

Author Topic:
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Legolas!!Legolas!!!Legolas!!!
on: January 29, 2013 10:12
Quote from ithildinilis on January 18, 2013, 19:06
PERFECT!! Yet could have gotten better lines. "A diversion." C'mon, they could have done better than that.

Ok that is just plain awesome! i am laughing so hard!
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
HE'S MINE, PRECIOUSSSSssss!!! (*gollum gollum*) Do not touch my elveses. He's my love!!! Precious!!!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love Legolas, but not in a romantic way, so dont worry, Gollum Ethelynn I think its just awesome how he's so loyal to the Fellowship and to Aragorn
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, Leggy is pretty awesome, but I like him a lot better in the books. He looks positively creepy in The Hobbit trailer when he points an arrow at Gloin's head. Not sure how well I'm gonna like him in there....we'll see though.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
He will not be the Legolas we know from Lord of the Rings so it will be interesting to see him in The Desolation of Smaug and how his character changes as he becomes a member of the Fellowship in Lord of the Rings.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I know! Im quite excited to see what about 50 years does to an immortal Elf
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruanna elven
Council Member
Send Message
I think Legolas is awesome to, but I agree he is better in the books.

[Edited on 07/26/2013 by Eruanna elven]
Water, ice, and air, these are the elements I understand. What's your element? -Eruanna
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmm...now that I think of it, I did like Legolas better in the books. He seemed more...i dont know, real to me when he was strictly on paper.
Edlothia-Laelogas
Council Member
Send Message
I agree, Lindarielwen. Legolas is my favorite character, and I'm looking very forward to seeing the difference in The Hobbit movies vs. LOTR.

December can't get here soon enough!
Alatariel.com - Fantasy role playing, fan fiction, news and gallery
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I know, right!? Cannot wait! AS i must, I shall rewatch TTT
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
LEGGY! *starts singing randomly* I love him! In the movies and books! He is so beautiful and kind and amazing at archery... it annoys me so much when people say that he only has one expression in the films... just proving that they did not look closely enough... I have to admit I looked very closely... I WANT LEGGY!!! So excited to find out that he will be in the Hobbit, even though he seems very different... GO LEGGY! *starts dancing*
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*cricket, cricket,cricket....*

Im glad you feel that way!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
So Legolas fangirls, Orlando is single again!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Lord of the Rings
Council Member
Send Message
I LOVE Legolas. So Ethelynn and I will have to share him. I am new here so she might have an advantage.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I'm surprised my friend hasn't found this thread yet... though I guess she doesn't really need to post here, the name 'ILoveLegolasMoreThanYou' kind of gives it all away...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
Arveleg said:So Legolas fangirls, Orlando is single again!

I couldn't believe it when I read the news! His wife (EX I think?) is really pretty though.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
LightElfRowena said:
Arveleg said: So Legolas fangirls, Orlando is single again!

I couldn't believe it when I read the news! His wife (EX I think?) is really pretty though.

Miranda Kerr. They have a child together. She was a Victoria's Secret model for some years, and now appears on TV commercials here in Oz for skin and hair care products.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
Arveleg said:
LightElfRowena said:
Arveleg said: So Legolas fangirls, Orlando is single again!

Miranda Kerr. They have a child together. She was a Victoria's Secret model for some years, and now appears on TV commercials here in Oz for skin and hair care products.

Oh that little boy Flynn? He's such a CUTIE!!!
Lostariel_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I LOVE LEGOLAS!!!! HE IS MY SOUL MATE I'M SOOOOOOOOO IN LOVE WITH HIM!!!!
Lostariel_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
It's rumored that Orlando is secretly dating Liv tyler(great for her, sucks for me!!!)
Maltaquesse Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Lostariel_Greenleaf said:It's rumored that Orlando is secretly dating Liv tyler(great for her, sucks for me!!!)

Really? I didn't know that...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I havent heard that before, either. Just a rumor, perhaps?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Arwen & Legolas - now THAT would be a turnaround in ME compared to TH the movie!
She is of highest Elven nobility , he's just some Sindarin prince . In England, like comparing the Windsor Royal Family with some dinky Baron.
LegolasArwenLadyOfTheLight
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas may be "some Sindarin prince" But it's not ranking that shows what kind of person you are
Myka
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Well, first off, I consider the Thranduil - Legolas - Tauriel constellation to be one of PJ's less successful attempts at turning The Hobbit into something closer to the LotR - doubling Elrond - Arwen - Aragorn.

Then, in TH the movie, Legolas is in the higher position of the crown prince to Thranduil versus Tauriel being "only some Silvan female (warrior)". (Though the duration of a position as crown prince among Elves could run to millennia. )

I then projected the rumored liaison between Orlando Bloom and Liv Tyler back to their Tolkien characters. And presto, Legolas gets flipped from higher hierarchical position to the lower one.

And last, staying within Tolkien's world and there specifically the Silmarillion, ranking and even more importantly who was related to whom in what fashion was eminently important, we are definitely talking monarchies here, medieval ones. Our modern views, which have developed for very good reasons, would just have been quite alien to their way of thinking.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Mine.

That is all.

-grabs and dashes-
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
finna
Council Member
Send Message
I have to say that I liked Orlando better in POTC movies than in the LoTR movies mostly for the fact that his skin does NOT match well with his hair but other than that I'm drooling buckets for him.

*stares dreamily at shirtless Orlando Bloom desktop wallpaper*
Finna the Rose
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, Legolas is cool, but I'm more of an Aragorn fan. But, Orlando Bloom is a pretty cool guy (I really love him in the Pirates of the Caribbean).
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
When I was in high school, I (hides) basically had my entire room decorated with Orli...like all over...I was definitely OB-Sessed. I like him best in Kingdom of Heaven and Ned Kelly. Shows him as a better actor, in my opinion.

-grabs Legolas and makes a mad dash-

But Legolas is all his own.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I love Orlando Bloom as Legolas but I think he is really good in Elizabethtown. It is a movie set in modern times with a modern boy-girl romance. A real romance unlike the nonsense in Hobbit 2.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Did you guys here what Orlando Bloom did to Justin Bieber when he found him flirting with his girlfriend? Punched him! Yey Bloom!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
papples
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor said:Did you guys here what Orlando Bloom did to Justin Bieber when he found him flirting with his girlfriend? Punched him! Yey Bloom!

THAT.
IS.
AMAZING.

I am not a Belieber.

-papples
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
That is just so stupid. I am surprised that Orlando Bloom would feel threatened by Justin Beiber. Stupid anyway, if you are that insecure in a relationship that you have to punch someone if they talk (flirt) with whoever you are seeing.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Beiber was being a real pest. I mean just wouldn't stop. I think Bloom just got tired of the kid not threatened.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have to agree with Lindarielwen here. However much Justin deserved that. Plus, doesn't Orlando have a good ten to twelve years on Bieber? I would expect Orlando to be a better man than that.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email