Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Nessa_Telemnar_of_Doriath
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: POST LIMITS FOR THE RPG FORUMS [Please Read]
on: August 14, 2004 01:03
I wasn't registered before the 7 limit rule.
I think it's a good idea,yes,but man it's annoying.
This thing about the 7 every 24 hours,is it 24 hours for each post like;say if you posted at
10 am,12,am,3pm,5pm,7pm,7:30pm,and 8pm.

I have to post at that exact time everyday,I don't get all my posts in 1 shot.Is that how it's meant to be,because it's very annoying having to wait another hour before you can post a reply to something...
lindele
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 02:37
I agree with you. I think it might work better if it was a limit from 12 AM-12AM.

Anyways, I noticed that when you go to post a reply and hit the "Show all posts in this thread button," it counts that as a post. e.g., I hadn't typed anything and it said I had 5 posts left. I hit the button and it said I had 4 before I had even typed anything! I just think that this could be annoying.
BlackRider1424
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2004 11:22
why not just add more mods to the RPG section? I would gladly help out, and I'm sure others would be happy to help out to. just another suggestion. I too am having troubles with the 7 posts thing. I posted once last night, and had only 4 posts allowed this morning. God Bless, and T2ul!
DameMercure
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 08:40
That is a really good idea with the seven posts per 24 hours. I just have one question. Does this rule include PMing also?
Tasar_Took_Nualda
Self Appointed Defender
of Denethor

Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 04:48
There is not currently any limit on Private Messeging. Only posts in the RP forums.
Elven~Princess
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 01:39
I haven't had a problem withe the limit. Of course I am only involved in one RP that isn't updated daily. At first when I noticed the limit, it sorta made me mad, but I have no problem with it, even less after learning why the limit is there.
Elsendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2009 01:51
I think the 7-post limit is a wonderful idea!

I've been away from CoE for a while, partly because of my internet obsessions getting me grounded, and partly because I managed to get into so many different forums on so many different sites that I couldn't keep up with them all.

But anyways, I've spent some time in roleplay forums on a lot of other sites, and I must say I enjoyed the high-speed roleplays in many of them. When I was in on the high-speed roleplaying. Seriously, if one has any life at all it becomes pretty difficult to keep up with the roleplays when they are going over 60 posts per day. :banghead:

For those who suffer under post restrictions, I would suggest finding a good roleplaying site to get plugged into--one of the ones that is devoted wholly to roleplay. They're a great place to have fun and go as fast as you like, and then if you need something a little more laid-back and easy to follow you can try one on CoE. An avid roleplayer myself for almost five years now, I've found it a pretty good system.:angel:

AND think of our wonderful :angel: moderators :angel: who are taking the time to make sure everything is clean and friendly! One of the best ways to show appreciation to them is to make their lives easier.

Lastly--and this is just a personal note based on some craziness I've gone through--when it comes to a point where I'm needing to roleplay more, faster, and with less limits than in my present situation, it's usually because I'm getting lost in the roleplays and they're taking over my life. Believe me, it's happened more than just a dozen times. If you can't roleplay, try taking the time off the computer--to knit a few rows of that scarf, decorate your room tolkein-style, or star wars style if that's your thing, to call a friend and catch up on her life, let your mom know you love her, take your little siblings to the park, finish homework, catch up on sleep, or just rest your eyes and listen to a good soundtrack--like the LotR one. :love: It's good for your mental well-being.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email