Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Legalosleafgreen
Council Member
Send Message
Post What Is a Realm?
on: January 31, 2004 11:17
I just try to understand what a realm is and what you do in it but I am still confused! Can someone please help me out here? Please? I'm really nice and smart and I am totally obsessed with LOTR but how can I understand this without help? please oh please help!
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
Post RE: What Is a Realm?
on: January 31, 2004 12:38
You're not the only one to be confused about this, so don't worry. There are 14 different realms to choose from. You can read about each of them here. Each realm has it's own forum with it's own unique activities. It's a nice way to get to know some of your fellow CoE members. Just pick one that interests you. You'll then be able to access the forum of the realm you chose and have lots of fun like on other areas of the site.

Oh, and once you do choose a realm, it's forum will be located right under this one.
CelebriänCulnámo
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 07:54
Thank you! This is something that I was also wondering
Legalosleafgreen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 12:30
Thanks guys! I am so happy now! but what kind of activities
do you do?
Gimli_and_Gollum
Superdwarf
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 12:36
Well, there are RPG, I believe that stands for a Role Playing Game. It involves writing a story with realm members.

There are also games. One game for example is about LOTR triva. Another is LOTR quotes. Of coarse they don't have to be LOTR.

Some realms are doing a tree planting thing, but that won't be until April.

At the meetings, its a good time to just chat and really get to know your realm members.

Theres some of the stuff you do. Hope that helps.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 02:12
It really depends on the realm. Like G_and_G said, most realms have some kind of game. There's also realm specific activities. Like musical realms will have activities about music and garding realms will have activities about gardening. If your curious about what's going on in each realm you could always pm one of the heads or leaders. They're listed on their realm's news page.
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 07:52
can you go from one realm to another? Can you join more than one realm?
Náredhil
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 08:03
i'm afraid not, once you join a realm you must stay in it for at least 3 months before switching, that's why it is a good idea to look around first to see what they have to offer, i liked TheLadyArwens idea:

If your curious about what's going on in each realm you could always pm one of the heads or leaders. They're listed on their realm's news page.

this is a great way to learn more about the realm, ask questions such as (how active is it, what kinds of activities are planned, would i fit in) also there is a quiz you can take to see which realm you belong in take it here http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Tests&file=index&action=TakeTest&tid=6 , if the quiz doen't satisfy you, just take your gut instinct. But i am the Realm Head of the Realm of Aulë and i would be delighted to receive a PM from you .(as would other realms) So if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to see what Aulë is about, please PM me and i'll glady respond.
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 08:45
once I decide which realm I like, how do I join?

If I join a realm, can I still post on the regular forum that I post on now?

I am so confused!
atalante_star
Scholar of Imladris and Theodens Lady
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 09:10
once I decide which realm I like, how do I join?

Have a look at here. Its the main Realm page - and on there is a quiz you can take which shoudl suggest some possibilities for Realms to consider Then when you've decided, just go into the pages for that Realm and there's a page in there where you can join.

If I join a realm, can I still post on the regular forum that I post on now?

Yes, you have access to everything you normally have - plus an extra Realm forum
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 09:14
Okay, great! Thanks. That clears it up! I'm going to explore the realms a little bit because the quiz didn't help much. Is that okay?
atalante_star
Scholar of Imladris and Theodens Lady
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 09:25
You won't be able to see the forums until you join, but you can look through each realm's news page and information page - which usually has a good bit of stuff about what each realm does.

So have a look there .... and you can always come back here, or PM the realm heads / leaders and interrogate them about their realms
Heather_lotrfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 09:28
Thank you for being so patient and answering all of my dumb question. You're great!
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 05:49
There are no stupid questions! Only stupid people who don't ask questions!
elvenmaidofmirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 11:30
That's right. I was actually wondering the same thing before, but this about clears it up.
Calainur
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2006 04:30
Sorry to ask,but I am quite new at this.I've been a member for some time now but I've never had time to spend online.Now that I do,I want to know more about this site and the forums and everything related to the CoE.Could someone explain me the basics?
Timpenin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 03, 2006 07:53
Don't worry about it We were all new once too, and this is a big site! Basically, use the Main Menu to get everywhere--there's also the links like up top to go to your account and such. You can post anywhere you want in the forums--each one is devoted to certain aspects of LotR. Make sure you read the Rules first though. (They're pretty standard)

If you want to find other people on here who like the same NON-LotR things you do, check out the Clubs section--it's in the Community tab in the menu.

The Realms are smaller, established communities within the site where you can go to make close friends with people who have the same general likes and/or personality you do. For instance, in my Realm, Yavanna, we tend to like the arts and nature and most of us have a *cough* small obsession with chocolate. Every other Realm will have its own unique characteristics

It explains on the main Realm page how to join a Realm and what that entails

Does that help?
Yavannildi and proud!
Saelchiril
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2006 07:07
Thanks!That really healped!!I accidentally posted a reply in my brother's account.So, the reply by Calainur is mine.Anyway,Thanks.I really needed these.From what you told me,I think I like your Realm 'cause I have this *cough* small obsession with chocolate.I'll see what the other Realms are about and I'll decide...Thanks!!
markste
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: What Is a Realm?
on: October 09, 2012 07:19
Thanks TheLadyArwen. it's really helpful information.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email