Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Yaviel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Old Questions- Please read!
on: June 29, 2005 08:40
Thanks!! I think the person must have deleted some msgs, well my msg got sent when i tried again!!
Thank you for your help!!
Yaviel
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2008 01:21
Now, this may seem an obvious question, but please humor me.
What exactly does 'mary-sueish' mean in respect to writing in rpg's or regular stories. I believe I have a fairly strong grasp on the word, but I wanted to make sure I was not confusing it for something else. Thanks for any help that comes.
God Bless,
Ez
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinliƫ - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: January 08, 2008 10:18
This is more a rpg-forum kind of question, but since I have no idea where to put it in that forum, I'll inform the rpg-mods about it . They will answer it and perhaps move the post over there.

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: January 09, 2008 01:21
I could give a brief description of what a Mary-Sue is but I'd just be repeating part of what is found HERE in the wikipedia definition of a Mary-Sue.
Another interesting article, which includes somewhat of a history of the character type , can be found here in a presentation from the American Culture Association conference, March 31, 1999.

Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2008 04:27
Ok, I thought that's what it meant. All righty. Thanks guys. I really appreciate it!
Nrogara
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2010 07:52
Can someone PLEASE answer the avatar questions on here?! I'm stuck too! How do I send an image to you, Eloise?
Image Image
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: December 14, 2010 09:20
I'll send you a pm (private message) Nrogara, to help you out. I'm not sure what exactly your problem is, so we'll need to establish that first . Eloise isn't on this site anymore, if you check out her profile you'll notice she hasn't logged in since 2008 (the posts about avatars in this thread date back all the way to 2005 ).
Aarien Miiriel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Old Questions- Please read!
on: October 06, 2012 08:35
I have a question.... what exactly is the point system?

Aarien Miiriel Of the Realm of Vana I am nothing without God!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Post Re: Old Questions- Please read!
on: October 09, 2012 05:12
The user points were granted to members for completing specific things. For instance by creating some new e-cards that our old website used to have, or by uploading a number of encyclopedia articles. You could gather these points and get certain rewards, like a custom, special avatar, title, magnet, etc.
This system was used on the old site, I haven't seen it pop up yet on the new version and many of the ways to obtain rewards are no longer possible (e.g. e-cards). So unless someone corrects me, I think it's safe to asume it's no longer active.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email