Register

<< First1112131415
Author Topic:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rangers in the shire
on: December 02, 2005 10:35
Menel thought. "Hmmm. What would I have if I could have anything in the world?" She laughed softly, "I think I would have a half a deer, if you mean food, and if you mean otherwise, the eternal love of the man of my dreams." She squeezed his hand. "And you? What would you have if you could have anything in the world?"

[Edited on 4/12/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 10:52
"A whole half a deer? You must have hollow legs! Hmm, me? I'd have... anything cooked by Uncle Hama, he could turn salt beef into a meal fit for a king. And otherwise... no, you'll laugh."
"No I won't." She squeezed his hand again, "Go on."
"A... a family. Something to live for and give my life for if I have to. A wife, children, the lot." He kept his gaze firmly locked on the table.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 11:21
Menel looked at Thon in shock. "You think I would laugh at that? Ethoner, what kind of a person do you think I am? I think that is very sweet. I too, have thought about having a family. I just never thought I would ever find someone who I might actually want to have the family with." She sat there for a few minutes, thinking. "So, tell me about your family, besides Den, I mean."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 11:43
Thon gave a wry snort of laughter, "You want the sob story? Dena nd I were raised by our parents on a Ranger base out in
the wilds of the North. I was fourteen and Den twelve when the base was attacked and our Father killed. I was young, I was angry and I left to be an outlaw for four years while Den and Mother went to live with distant relatives in Minas Tirith. She slowly went mad basically, blaming herself for the loss of her husband and firstborn. I had a change of heart, came back and her last few months were happy ones but Den and I have been all the other has had for far too long really." He looked up at her, "How about you?"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2005 03:12
"I was raised in mirkwood. I have no family. My brother was a spider-hunter along with me, and he was killed by them. My mother and father grieved so much over the loss of their son that they forgot about me, and they sailed for Valinor shortly after his death. So I have been alone for a very long time. No one who really cared, and no one for me to really care about." She smiled at him. "Until now."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2005 12:16
"Until now." Thon repeated, returning the smile. "The past isn't important now Menel. We can put it behind us and concentrate on the here and now." Giving a wry grin and running his free hand over the back of his neck he chuckled, "But it may have a lesson or two to teach, like 'don't be a total fool and let your pride get in the way'."
If Menel was going to reply she was forestalled by the arrival of two Hobbits laden with plates of fresh bread, a crock or rich butter and bowls heaped with soup so thick it was almost solid.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2005 12:22
"Ahh, at last!" Menel had not realized how hungry she was until she saw the food. "Thank you, this all looks wonderful. " She tasted the soup and rolled her eyes heavenward. "Oh my...this is so good." She slathered some bread with butter and took a bite. "Mmmmmm. Oh, Thon...this is so good, too." She began devouring the soup, and glanced sheepishly up at Ethoner when she realized she was eating in a slightly less than ladylike manner. "Sorry, I am just so hungry." She looked down and said, "I haven't exactly been taking the best of care of myself lately. It's been almost five days since I have eaten, Thon, simply because I ran out of food and being trapped between here and out there, there was nowhere to buy supplies."

[Edited on 4/12/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2005 11:30
Thon frowned slightly, but knew what she meant having been in that situation himself.
"At least you have no fear of that now Menel. Hobbit cooking is indeed a wonder of the world."

Ooc - Come on Fro, we need ya honey!
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2005 07:00
"So I have noticed, Thon," Menel said softly. She seemed to be sinking into a state of melancholy. She wasn't sure what had brought it on, but thinking about all the loneliness that had become bottled up inside of her as she had traveled alone the past year seemed suddenly to be weighing on her mind and heart rather heavily.
Menel sighed heavily and then said, "I think I am done eating. I honestly don't think I could cram in another bite." She looked and Ethoner and said, "I am going to go and take a bath. You are welcome to come upstairs whenever you want, to talk or just sit there and stare at the walls or whatever you want to do." She got up and then leaned down and brushed her lips against his cheek. "I missed you, Ethoner of Gondor, more than you will ever know or could possibly imagine."
She smiled a little smile at him and then went over and thanked Fro for the lunch, and went upstairs to take her bath.

As Menel soaked in the tub, she thought about everything Thon had said and smiled a little to herself. Perhaps it was worth it to come here, she thought as she closed her eyes and let her thoughts drift.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2005 07:32
((Sorry, guys... wow, nice job moving to story along since I wasn't able to get on. but I am back now!))

Fro fininshed her meal and got up to clean the plates away. She poked Thon in the side, "I knew you had it in you... somewhere. You aren't totally hopeless." She smiled at him and stacked the plates on the tray, carrying them carefully to the sink and dropping them carefully into the hot, soapy water.
She walked back into the dining room and pulled Den out of his chair. "C'mon sugar, let's get out of here so Thon can go upstairs without us knowing." She winked at Thon and nodded to the stairs she led Den to the couch in front of the fire and sat next to him, holding his hand and leaning her head on his shoulder.
"He didn't do that all by himself, I gather. Did you push him or was it Caramon? I don't think Menel would have done anything without him appologizing."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2005 08:21
Ooc - Heya honey! We missed you!

Ic - "The words he did by himself, which is reason for celebration in itself, we'd given up hope for the poet in him. But he did require a less than subtle prod in the right direction." He chuckled as the two snuggled down together, "I'm glad he has apologised and she's accepted it. They make a good couple. It was such a pity they were fighting when I first met her."

Thon meanwhile sat nursing the last of his pint, allowing Menel to finish her bath. It wasn't that the idea of her in the bath wasn't a good one, it was more that he didn't want to rush into a physical relationship as he did most of the time. He felt that had contributed to the swift demises of his previous trysts. He would go up and talk, maybe just lie with her in his arms, but not just yet.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2005 09:25
*Welcome back Fro! Missed you!*

Menel finally had had enough of the soaking and she dragged herself from the bath before the water completely cooled. She dressed in a long, loose nightshirt and sat on a chair in the room, brushing her long dark hair out. She debated whether or not she should braid it, and then decided she was far too tired. It had been a long time since she had left her hair down, and she liked the feel of it brushing against her back and shoulders.

She had hoped that Thon would have come upstairs, but when he hadn't, she figured that either he didn't trust her or himself. "Wow, he really does want to take things slow," she muttered to herself.

She glanced at the bed, and then yawned. She was very tired, she realized. Menel got up and went across the room and crawled into the bed, pulling the blankets up around her and snuggling into the bed more comfortably. She closed her eyes, and a familiar image appeared in her mind, and image of her and Thon, wrapped in each other's arms, their mouths pressed together in a passionate kiss...
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2005 02:03
Ooc: Thanks, I missed you two too!

Ic: Fro looked up into Den's eyes and smiled warmly. "Den dear, answer me truthfully. Before we met, what sort of a girl had you thought you would have married?" One of his eyebrows shot up questioningly. "I guess it's a bit silly to ask, but I was sort of curious, and I know you didn't have someone planned already or anything. But I know you must have thought about it before. Even fleetingly, just to pass the time, but everyone does, I'm sure, once in a while, think about who they would grow up and marry." She intwined her fingers in his and rested her head on his shoulder, still looking curiously into his eyes, waiting for him to answer.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 09:38
Den chuckled, "I'm a Ranger Fro, we spend more time wondering about how we're going to die, morbid as that might be." He looked thoughtful, "Hmm, she'd probably, given who my mother was, have been a younger daughter from the house of a minor Gondorian noble. Dark hair, fairly tall and willowy, interested in nothing more than clothes and parties and tedious things like that." He grinned, "I think I have an infinetly better deal here, don't you?"

Thon downed the last of his pint, took his leave of Caramon and made his way upstairs.
The bathroom was empty so he made his way to Menel's room and knocked gently.
Easing the door open he saw her lying in bed, snuggled under the covers, eyes closed. He smiled indulgently and silently entered the room, closed the door and eased himself down into the chair by the dresser, just watching her sleep.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 09:57
Menel kept her eyes closed, and face blank for a moment, and then said, "You know, Ranger or not, your footfalls can be heard by those of the Elven persuasion, Ethoner." She rolled over and smiled at him. She patted the spot next to her and said softly, "If you would like, I would have no objection to you cuddling me and keeping me warm, you know." She rolled back over without waiting for a response and closed her eyes again.
Thon gave a chuckle deep in his chest and leant down to untie his boots and pull them off before he padded over the the bed and slipped between the sheets, draping one arm over Menel's waist and sliding the other beneath her neck, encouraging her to lean back against him.
She snuggled against him, sighing deeply. She was satisfied with him lying there with her. She slipped her hand over his at her waist and entwined her fingers with his.
Thon smiled as she moved and just lay his head down on the pillow, letting himself marvel at how well they fit together and how comfortable he was.
Menel dozed off, safe and secure in the arms of the Ranger she loved more than life itself.

[Edited on 4/1/2006 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2006 04:43
((I'm back! I truly am sorry I haven't written in such a long time, though it's not for a lack of trying.))

"I don't know if you have exactly, but sheesh, I am quite the opposite! Except for that part about parties, I do love them so." Fro kissed Den on the cheek and let her head fall comfortably on his shoulder. For a while they sat in silence, taking comfort in the warmth that covered them like a thick blanket. Fro sighed, letting thoughts slip in and out of her mind, really quite happy with where she was and what she was doing.

True to her habit, she blurted something out before really knowing what she was saying. "Den? Know what I was just thinking? I was thinking about just what I would be doing now if I hadn't of met you. I'd of been sneaking out of the house, thats what." She giggled. "I do, well I guess did that every so often, and I'd visit my favorite place, just behind the waterfall. I'd sleep there and wake up with the sun. It's always beautiful at sunrise. Watching the purples and oranges and shades of yellow blend and glisten with the sheet of water that falls between me and the sun. I've never shown anyone that place before." Fro looked at him hopefully, waiting desperately for something, though she wasn't exactly sure what.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2006 05:30
Menel drifted in dreams. For a long time, she had been unable to have them, at least not regular ones. Always before it had been nightmares.
She dreamed that she was standing on the edge of the woods. There was a little house nearby, and Ethoner was standing there, with a small child that looked just like him perched on his shoulders.
They were pointing at the trees and she glanced over at them. There was a small bird's nest in it, and she could see the mama bird feeding her young.

Menel sighed and rolled over in her sleep, pressing her face against Ethoner's chest.
She sighed contentedly.
Ethoner smiled at her and called her over. She went to stand near him, and the child leaned over and hugged her.
She hugged Ethoner in her sleep, drawing close to him and murmuring, "Meleth nin," in her sleep.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2006 10:24
"Ermelethronin." Thon whispered in response and drifted into dreamless, but happy sleep for the first time in a long time.

"I would love to see such a place meleth nin. Although I can't imagine anything being more beautiful than you." He grinned mischeviously and kissed the tip of her nose, "I hope you will show it to me one day."

Ooc - Dear Lord, it's awful!
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 11:01
Menel awoke sometime later, and her thoughts drifted back to the day of the rescue of Den, when she had been injured and she fought with Thon, then waking in his arms as he cradled her wounded body to his. It had not been long after that when he had taken her to a placesecluded from everyone and the two had finally allowed their desire for one another to overcome them. It had been a perfect union between the two of the , the Man and his fragile Elf, and all had seemed so perfect at the time.
Then they had fought viciously when she told him of her predicament, and she had left him, her heart breaking as she did so.
It had been a year ago.
Now she felt the familiar ache in heart, and wanted him more than ever, but she knew there was wisdom in his decision to move slowly, to not mar their relationship with mere physicality and wnton desire. Their love needed to be nurtured and allowed to flower, and she, no matter how long it took her, would have no choice but to allow for that to happen.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2006 07:18
((ok, i think we need to start this up again, for the new year... I miss you guys way too much))

Fro blushed at his remark and then smiled. "I will. Soon too, because I haven't been there in forever." She yawned and stretched herself, and then relaxed onto him. "Dear lord!" She said as she spotted the clock. "It is getting late, isn't it?" She got up slowly, sad at leaving the warmth of his body against hers. After stretching one more time, she kissed him softly, whispering "Goodnight." and walked down the hall to her room. She slipped out of her clothes and quickly pulled on some little, comfortable cotton nightgown. She climbed into bed and slipped slowly into sleep.

Fresky laid out his plan in his head, over and over again, making sure it was flawless. He knew facing her directly would be horrible, and could have disastrous effects. He would have to post a stakeout, and he would have to wait until the dead of night.
He rechecked his bag for the last time and made sure he had the potion, rope, a gag, a pocket knife, and a few other items just in case. He took out his pocket knife and attached it too his belt. Putting his bag over his shoulder he left his small house on the side of the hill. He planned to take her there tonight, and then keep her in a smaller place he had secretly bought, in another village nearby.
Fresky hiked what felt like the shortest two hours in his life, grateful that tonight was a full moon, casting light enough to see everything, the only shadows casted by buildings and trees. He grinned as he noticed all lights in the Inn were out.
Stealthily he crept around the building, looking in each window, praying she wasn't sleeping in an upstairs room. He looked in the first window and found a ranger was sleeping on the bed, as he noticed a beard. The next room he looked in, he almost cursed under his breath as at first he couldn't tell, and then at last he noticed that the thing sleeping in the bed had to be a ranger, as it was too big for the small hobbit sized bed. The third bed his heart quickened, and he knew it was her. He could see her curly blond locks, and he took a few deep breaths before he began breaking in.
He studied the window for a couple seconds, and took out his pocket knife. He knew his actions had to be quick and quiet. Taking his pocket knife and putting it up to the window, he cut through the lock at the top. It flew off to the ground and hit a rock, making a small clink, of course to him it sounded much louder. He ducked for a minute, and then dared to look up, through the window again, apparently it didn't make any noise inside, as she hadn't moved an inch. Fresky looked back at the window, took his knife and eased it between the glass and the wall. With a flick of his knife, the window fell cleanly out, and he caught the glass pane, having to drop his knife in the process. Luckily it fell on a soft patch of grass, and made no noise. He walked a few steps away, and put the glass completely out of the way. His plan, so far, was working perfectly. Of course it did help that he picked a night where the wind was minimal.
Fresky climbed, silently into her room, and checked to make sure the door was locked. It wasn't, but thankfully it was closed, he locked it quickly and looked at Frodurien. My dear, you are a pretty one. He set his bag on the floor and opened it. He groped around for a couple seconds, and then found the gag, he pulled that out first, and then the rope. He cut the rope into three pieces with his knife, and then pulled out the large bottle. He brought along a dropper, and filled it to the top. He knew she was a stubborn girl, and didn't want to take any chances. The potion worked instantly, as he had tried it with his brother, which was an odd experience, but at least he got the results.
He took the gag and ropes over to the bed, laying them on the small table next to her head. Quickly, he put the stopper in her mouth and squeezed out all the potion. Her eyes flew open, but they were hazy, and she opened her mouth to say something, but he quickly gagged her and helped her out of bed. She looked at him questioningly and he put his finger to his lips. "Hurry," he whispered in her ear "we have to get out of here." He took her hand and led her over to the window, gently helping her climb out without making a sound. He jumped out after her, with his bag on his back once more. Realizing he had forgotten the rope, he sat her on the grass and climbed back in, putting the rope in his bag and closing it, hopping back out the window. He grabbed her hand and yanked her up off the ground. "Follow me, and don't make any noise." He said in a hoarse whisper. Frodurien nodded and ran behind him, careful not to make a sound. They ran for what seemed like forever, Fresky smiling that his plan had worked so smoothly. He took hold of her hand and they stopped after running for an hour. He took off her gag and looked her in the eyes, smiling brilliantly, she smiled back and he couldn't stop himself, he had to do something with all the adrenaline that had been pumping through his body he felt very manly. He leaned over and kissed her roughly, feeling her soft lips against his and putting his strong arms around her, pulling her tightly to him. After a while he realized she was kissing him back, and he stopped suddenly, looking her in the eyes. He knew what he had done was wrong, and if he had been any other Hobbit he wouldn't have kissed her until she came to. But he wasn't any other Hobbit, he was Fresky, and the fact that what he was doing was wrong, and that in a way he was violating her, although it would appear he wasn't. Because he was Fresky he smirked at her and she giggled, he kissed her again, and ran his hands up and down her back, feeling his prize. He realized now that he could do anything he wanted with her at this moment, and she would give in. But something inside him made him stop, and he let her go. It wasn't the same without a fight, without it really being her. He walked with her the rest of the way to his small hole that he had bought just for this occasion. It was in a remote part of Hobbiton, and he knew for a fact nobody ever comes here, at least not on purpose. He pulled her into a small room with a couch and a bed. She walked over to the bed and sat down, he pulled out the rope and she cocked her head to the side.
"What's that for?" Frodurien asked.
"You. This is to stop you from running away."
"Oh."
"Turn around and put your hands behind your back." Frodurien did so, and he tied her hands tightly with one of the ropes. He then tied her knees together, and finally her ankles. He picked her up and laid her on the bed, covering her with the blanket and kissing her on the forehead.
"Goodnight." She said quietly as she smiled and closed her eyes.
"Goodnight, Frodurien." He replied and went over to the couch, falling asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 09:08
Dawn crept through the gap in the curtains on Den's window and he groaned as the shaft of light unerringly found his eyes. But, as much as he wanted to, he couldn't ignore it and spend the whole day in bed so he rose, stretched and began to hunt for clean clothes.
"I wonder what Fro has planned for today." He mused as he rummaged under the bed for his boots, "Maybe a trip to her waterfall. And I'm sure there was something else." He finally found his elusive footwear and plumped onto his bed to tie them. "Whatever it was it can't have been that important or I wouldn't have forgotten it."
Ready to face the world, or at least face breakfast, he slipped out of his room and padded along the corridor to Fro's door.
"Fro? Are you awake?" He knocked gently but recieved no answer. "Fro?" He tried again, still nothing.
He tried the handle and was shocked to find it locked, no one locked thier doors in the Inn. "Fro! Are you alright?"

In Menel's room Thon stirred at his brother's shouts.
"Hmm?" He raised his head and tried to blink the sleep from his eyes, "What's going on?"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 11:01
Menel rolled over and blinked at Ethoner. "Thon? What is it?" Then she realized she could hear Den shouting.

Menel scrambled over Thon's still motionless body and quickly dressed. The she-elf headed into the hall, and hurried to Den's side. "What is it, Den?" Upon discovering that the door was locked and there was no answer, she sprinted out the door and looked in the window of the room where Frodurien should have been sleeping. She hastily climbed into the room via the window and unlocked the door, opening it with a concerned expression.

"She's not here, Den. She's gone."
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 11:40
(( Ooc sorry about disapearing- interstate move, jsut got the update that the thread had started again.. Yay!!)

Just that morning, Carrey had returned from seeing her cousins in Buckland. It had been a while since she had seen them, and she had left the Laughing Robin in the hands of her capable assistant. Upon returning, she scooted down into the cellars to get potatoes, eggs, ham, and other breakfast items togther.
Carrey popped up out of the cellar upon hearing Den screaming in the hallway. Breakfast would have to wait. First she would have to see what all the commotion was about. Since she had been away, she had been wondering about how Fro's wedding was going, how the Rangers were faring, and just how things were going in general.
As she ran up the stairs to the kitchen, she rounded the corner to find Den staring into an empty room, and someone that she didn't recognize.
" What happened here? I leave for a month.. and what happens?? Whom are you? Where's Fro?

[Edited on 2/1/2007 by indianna]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 02:32
Frodurien woke up with an intense headache, feeling as if someone had hit her in the back of the head with a shovel. She opened her eyes, realizing her eyesight was blurred. She blinked a few times, and was finally able to focus on the light underneath the door. She looked around for her window, and realized she wasn't in her room. She tried to think of what had happened, but she only remembered saying goodnight to Den and walking into her room, and then falling asleep in her own bed.
She tried to get up, and realized her hands and legs were tied. Before she knew what was happening, Fresky came running in from outside. He noticed she was awake and smirked at her.
"So, the princess is finally awake? Took you long enough, you slept for nearly ten hours now, it's lunchtime already. You hungry?"
Frodurien looked at him cautiously. She couldn't figure out exactly what she should do, as her thoughts were all fuzzy, and contradicting. She knew his face, but she wasn't sure who he was, and, more importantly she couldn't figure out if she could trust him or not. Her mind was saying she loved this man, but the thoughts were faint, and her feelings told her she hated him.
"Who are you?" Fro asked, deciding she needed to find out more information about who this hobbit she thought she knew, actually was.
"You don't remember me, dear? Last night was quite the opposite, you couldn't keep you hands off me." Fresky winked at her.
"What are you talking about? You can't be Denother, you're much too short."
Fresky's eyes flashed. "Denother left you. He doesn't love you. He never did."
"No." She cried, shaking her head feircely, although she wasn't completely sure what that meant, or who exactly Denother was, she knew that was a horrible thing to have happen to her. "No." She repeated, trying to think it with all of her might. "No, no, NO!" Her hand flew to her head, trying to settle her fleeting thoughts.
"Shut up, you!" Fresky yelled at her, and she stopped right away and stared at him.
"You never answered who you were. I know you, but I can't remember your name."
"Fresky Derrins."
Fro's eyes widened. "I remember you! You're that horrible Hobbit who, who..."
"Who loves you."
"No." Fro said once again. "Den will come back to me. I swear it. Now, untie me."
"Not until you drink this." He said as he picked up a cup that looked like it was filled with water. It was, for the most part.
"Fine." Fro said, and then thought again, right before he poured it down her throat. "Wait! How do I know it's not poisoned?"
"It's not."
"Am I just supposed to take your word for it?" Fro looked at him distastefully.

Fresky sighed and put the glass down on a small table. He sat down next to her and looked into her eyes. "Do you want to kiss me?" He asked.
"Yes." She said immediately and then she bit her lip. "No, no I don't. " He raised his eyebrows and he knew the potion was wearing off. "I don't, I swear it." Her eyes began to shine, and she looked as if she was about to cry.
Fresky put his arms around her gently and untied her hands. She looked at him curiously and rubbed her wrists. He waited until she looked up at him before he put his arms around her waist and pulled her to him.
"Fresky," she said quietly, "why are you do--" He cut off her question with a kiss and at first she accepted it, and then she pushed him away, angrily.
"What is wrong with you!?!" She yelled at him through welling tears.
"I could ask the same of you, dear." His said, his words full of venom. He stood up and grabbed the bottle of potion and pushed her roughly onto the bed. She let out a small squeek, obviously trying to scream, and stopped abrubtly as he poured some of the potion down her throat. He capped the bottle and put it on a shelf.
"Now what do you have to say, Frodurien?"
"What do you want me to say?" She questioned.
"Tell me that you love me."
"I love you, Fresky." She replied, smiling.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 11:15
"Gone?" Den felt a weight settle in his stomach and pushed past Menel into Fro's room. It had the cold feel of a room whose occupant had not just slipped out but was truly gone.
He forced himself to calm and look at the situation critically. The bed had been slept in, the covers were disturbed, but there was no sign of a struggle so either she had gone willingly or had been incapacitated before she had a chance to react.
He crouched beside the bed to see what he could discover. A few drops of a liquid had stained the bedsheets, he rubbed some on his fingers and gingerly sniffed them but could not make out what it was, and several fibres were on the coverlet. He made a mental note to show then to Thon and moved on to the window.
The lock was neatly sprung out of it, there was only one mark on the woodwork, whoever did it knew about windows and locks and there was a smudge of what felt like plaster dust on the sill.

As Denother was completing his observations Thon was explaining to Carrey why her Inn was in apparent uproar so early in the morning.
"This is Menel, an... old friend of mine." He moved beside Menel in the doorway and slipped his arm around her waist, "She's staying with us for the time being. And as for what is going on, Frodurien appears to have vanished although I for one have my suspicions and I'm sure Den does as well. We will find and have her back here and no worse for wear in no time."

"Thon, could you come in here for a second?"
"If you will excuse me ladies?" Thon ducked inside the room, "Found anything?"
"I think so. The window was removed with presicion, I'm betting whoever did it had fitted some in his time. Could you just take a look at the threads on the bed, tell me what you think of them."
Thon frowned at the small, brown fibres, "Rope." He eventually pronounced, "Strong stuff too, not the usual."
"I thought so."
Thon looked up from his crouch, "You've got a name, haven't you?"
"Yes." Den admitted, tightly.
Thon stood and moved infront of his brother, "Take your hand off of your knife. We can't just jump to conclusions. We'll go to the Derins' shop now and see what Master Gilahad can tell us about his brother's movements. We'll do Fro no good at all by running off on a hunch."
Den looked perplexed, "A hunch? You don't think it was Fresky?"
"I didn't say that. I just want to be sure."

Ooc - I'll leave it at that for now, let other people get a word in edgeways. And can you tell I watch too many Crime Dramas?
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 01:22
Before Menel had a chance to answer the hobbit that was confronting her about her presence there, Thon stepped in. At his mention of her being a "friend", she felt almost like she had been punched in the stomach.

A friend? That's how he still thinks of me? After everything we have said to each other? After he called me ermelethronin last night? Perhaps his brother is not the only one who is in love with a hobbit and Thon doesn't want her to know what was happening between us...

"Nice to meet you." With that Menel turned and walked from the room, heading back down the hall to her own. She went in and closed the door, then sat on the edge of the bed staring at the pillow where Thon's head had been resting not long before.

Nothing has changed, and it never will. He is ashamed of me, ashamed to tell anyone he has feelings for me. Of course, that's probably because he doesn't.

She balled up her fist and punched the pillow where Thon's head had made the indent, and then she threw it across the room. She stared out the window, and thought about how she was going to manage to get out of the inn without anyone seeing her and get away from this place where she, apparently, was not welcome.

Menel went to her pack and pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill and began writing a goodbye letter to Thon.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 10:59
Fresky stood up and walked away from her for a second. "Frodurien, I need to go out, to work for a little while. Could you please stay here until I get back? I also need to get a few things, because tomorrow, we are going move, into a much nicer place than this."
"Can't I come with you?" Fro asked, standing up and walking over to him.
"No." Fresky said firmly, and he grabbed his bag and walked to the door.
"If you get hungry, there is food on the table. The only thing you can not do, is go outside."
"Why can't I go outside?" Fro said, as she sat back down on the bed.
"Because I said you can't." There was an edge to his voice, as he was beginning to get annoyed.
"Ok." She said. "I won't."
"Good. I'll be home later," He said, hand on the doorknob, and he was about to leave, before he turned around and gave her more instructions. "don't let anyone in here, and don't go with anyone."
"Alright. See you when you get home. Bye, dear."
"Goodbye, Fro." Fresky turned and walked out, locking the door behind him.
He walked into town, trying to be as normal as ever, flirting with the pretty girls and even smiling at the ugly ones. He sauntered into the shop, and walked into the back, Putting a few of the store's supplies in his bag. He walked back into the front and sat across from Gilahad.
"Good morning, brother, how was your night?"
"Jus' fine, why are ya askin'?" Gilahad looked at his brother curiously.
"Can't I spare a second of my day to see how my big brother is doing?" Fresky asked, pouting.
"Of course ya can, it's jus' ya've never as'ed me befer."
"Oh. I see. Well, I wanted to ask you if we have any building jobs at the moment."
"Well, we go' that one fer the Ranger's, bu' tha's not fer a while, or until they tell us to come star' it."
"Alright, so today and tomorrow I'm free for a while?"
"Yeah."
"Ok then, so i'll see you in a few day's then, brother."
"K Fresk. See ya later."
Fresky went in the back, got his bag and left, waving goodbye to his brother.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 10:59
Ooc - ELOI!!!! :cry:

Ic - "Get your cloak Thon, we're leaving, now."
"Aye, I'll meet you out front in five minutes." Thon again ducked beneath the doorframe but was confused to see that Menel had gone. He swiftly retrieved his cloak from his room and knocked softly on the door of Menel's, pushing the door open without waiting for an answer, although he would swear he heard a small gasp and the sound of parchment being hastily folded.
"Menel?" When he saw inside there was no parchment in evidence and Menel was stood beside her dressing table. "I'm afraid I have to leave and I don't know when I'll be back. Den won't rest until he has Fro back and I need to make sure he doesn't do anything rash. But rest assured," He took her in his arms again, "I will come back," He leant down and captured her lips in a soul searing kiss, "to you."
Smiling he reluctantly slipped away from her and out of the Inn to hsi brother's side.
"Ready?"
"Just try and stop me."

Wheras there had been some in Hobbiton that had doubted the fearsome reputation of the Rangers having seen the brothers in only the most amiable of moods now, with both of them marching down the main street wearing identical expressions of thunderous anger and with their swords hanging unashamedly at their hips, no such illusions remained. These were men of war and they were spoiling for a fight.
At the sign of the Derins' shop Thon knelt, thinking it better if he speak with Gilahad as Den was not in the most polite frame of mind.
"Master Derins! Would you kindly speak with us?"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 12:45
"Menel?" When he saw inside there was no parchment in evidence and Menel was stood beside her dressing table. "I'm afraid I have to leave and I don't know when I'll be back. Den won't rest until he has Fro back and I need to make sure he doesn't do anything rash. But rest assured," He took her in his arms again, "I will come back," He leant down and captured her lips in a soul searing kiss, "to you."
Smiling he reluctantly slipped away from her and out of the Inn to hsi brother's side.

Menel sighed. It wasn't enough. He could have told the hobbit that she was there because of him, because he cared for her and wanted her to stay. But he hadn't. He had called her "an old friend"-again.

"Well, friends, old or otherwise, don't have the desire to be with each other forever in love," she muttered under her breath.

She turned back to the parchment she had hidden in the drawer of her dressing table and quickly finished writing her goodbye to Ethoner.

Dear Ethoner,

When I came here, I had reservations, as you know, after seeing how happy and carefree you were without me and how your expression changed when you saw me. I thought perhaps that those reservations were gone for good when you admitted to me that you were glad I had come back into your life, and started behaving as if you wanted me to be a permanent part of it.

Enter a hobbit, one who demanded to know what I was doing in the inn. How did you introduce me? It wasn't as someone you wanted in your life for eternity, someone you care about and love. It was as an old friend. Once again I have been stiuffed into that catchall description. That got me to thinking that perhaps your brother is not the only one in love with a hobbit. Perhaps you, too, wish to be with one of the little folk, and that is why you suddenly changed your tune in front of her. Well, I have never wanted to force you to love me, and I have never sought to come between you and any other love.

I am leaving now, while you are gone, to save you the embarrassment of having to tell me to go away in front of anyone else, and myself the humiliation of having you do that. We had a great time together, in the past, but it has become painfully obvious to me that in the past was where it both began and ended, and that there is no future for me here, no future with you, as I had hoped.

I now know not where I shall go, as I have no family, and I am not fit for the World of Men. Perhaps I shall take advantage of the opportunity to sail, to leave this place and go to my final destination. I will always love you, Ethoner. You made my heart sing with joy once, and I hold the memories of that song close to me, now and always. At least if I sail, I know that love for you shall live on forever, even if you no longer love me.

Goodbye.

Menelfaroth

She carefully folded the parchment and carried it with her to the door of his room. She slid it under the door, then returned to her room and packed her few belongings into her pack. She hefted it onto her shoulder, and then went out into the hall, closing and locking the door for the last time.

Menel's feet made not a sound as she moved down the hall, down the stairs and into the open front room of the inn. She walked quickly to the front and laid the key down on the desk. "I would like to return this key and get a refund on my room. I had paid in advance for an extended stay, and I have changed my mind about remaining here."

She glanced to the side when she saw movement there and saw Caramon approaching her. She smiled at the Ranger and said lightly, "Ah, hello Caramon. Or rather, perhaps I should say goodbye. I'm heading out." She smiled brightly at him, and added, "Can't keep all those adventures out there waiting, can I?"

[Edited on 26/1/2007 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2007 09:37
Caramon just stopped and casually crossed his arms over his chest, contemplating the elleth before him for a second.
"You really don't trust him do you?" He sighed, "I know he was a proud, stubbourn, chauvinist when you last met him, but hasn't he given you and indication that he has changed?" He appeared to think, "Alright, that he wants to change at least? He deserves more credit than you're giving him, you've only had a day to begin to mend what was broken a year ago and has festered ever since."
Caramon slipped into a chair and motioned for Menel to do the same, "After he drove you away Ethoner was a broken man. It took him six months to even begin to heal and even then he was never quite the same, more subdued, more careworn. Even in the short time you have been here I have seen some of what was missing from him returning. I cannot speak for what you have been in the past year Menel, but now, I see something in you every time he is around. Do you really want to throw that away so easily?"
He sat back and waited for her to consider his words.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 10:05
Menel sat heavily in the chair indicated by Caramon. "Look, all I know is, he seemed pretty happy cavorting around until he saw me, and then I thought things got better between us when he finally started opening up to me. Now, we are back at square one all of a sudden, and I am once again "an old friend." How would you feel if someone you would give your life for kept switching back and forth the way Ethoner has with me? How wuld you feel not knowing what was going to happen to you because you don't know if the one person that has ever made you want to give away your heart and not think about the consequences turns cold as soon as another female is around? It hurts me to leave him like this, Caramon, but it hurts me just as much to stay."

She shoved back from the table and said bitterly, "I should have stayed in Rohan the last time I was there. At least there, there was no doubt about how I was looked at." Menel stood, stuffing her money into her pouch and picking up her pack off the floor. "Tell my 'old friend' there is a message waiting for him in his room. That is, if he isn't too busy to care."

Menel stalked out of the inn and slammed the door behind her, heading for the stables and the comfort of the road ahead. She began to whisper softly to her horse in Elvish, reassuring him that they would be alright. He seemed to understand, but when she went to put his tack on him, he shied away. She looked at him in frustration, shook her head, and threw the tack down. "Fine then. Stay here." The angry elf turned and walked out of the stable, heading off down the road on foot the way she had come from the day before.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2007 12:12
Caramon paused for a second after Menel had left, attempting to get his thoughts in order. As much as he tried to smile for those around him and as much as he tried to remain positive, Tanis' leaving still hurt him deeply. He knew first hand what it felt like to lose a lover and he didn't want anyone, much less his friend and Captain, to feel such pain if he could help it.
Abruptly he stood and bolted out to the yard just as Menel was crossing the threshold of the Robin's land.
"Menel!" He called, setting after her at a run, "Don't do this to yourself." He caught hold of her arm while he said his piece, "I know what it feels like to love someone who is making their intentions less than clear but I also know the peace and love of working it through with them. You and Ethoner found something deep a year ago but left it, for reasons we both know. It will not be the easy, snap desicion you seem to think it is. Trust has to be built up on both sides." He registered her expression, "Yes, you betrayed him as well. He tried to apologise at the end but you threw it back in his face. He needs to know that you will accept him, faults and all, and to be honest you are not showing any signs of doing so." His patience with her had worn thin, "If you do not have the stamina or resolve to work through hard times then perhaps you are better off leaving. Go, condemn yourself and Ethoner to a life of 'what if's' and regret."
He dropped her arm and began to turn away.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 11:12
"Yes, you betrayed him as well. He tried to apologise at the end but you threw it back in his face. He needs to know that you will accept him, faults and all, and to be honest you are not showing any signs of doing so." His patience with her had worn thin, "If you do not have the stamina or resolve to work through hard times then perhaps you are better off leaving. Go, condemn yourself and Ethoner to a life of 'what if's' and regret."
He dropped her arm and began to turn away.

An instant later, Caramon found himself on the ground, looking up at a furious elleth. "How dare you! You think so much of yourself you would dare to preach to me about what I have done wrong? I left him to save him from having to explain why he didn't arrest me when he discovered I was a wanted fugitive! I tried to find him from the moment that my name was cleared! I finally locate him, and he not only doesn't look pleased to see me, after he preaches to me about everything and then makes me think we have a chance, as soon as another female pops up and questions my presence, I have gone from "Ermelethronin" back to being an old friend!" Her voice had grown louder and she was uncharacteristically shouting at caramon, still lying in the dirt. "I am not the one at fault here, the one that whispers sweet words as long as no one else is around and then acts completely different the moment that someone else of the opposite sex arrives on the scene!"

Menel didn't care that there were people beginning to look in her direction. She also wouldn't have cared if she had known that a stablehand from the inn ran off tp tell Captain Ethoner there was a disturbance at the inn, and that the elf-maid had put Caramon on the ground.

She looked sadly at Caramon and said, "I have nothing left here. What we had died a year ago." Then she turned and began walking into the wilderness.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2007 11:18
Gilahad seemed a bit flustered to see the two obviously angry Men come bursting into his store. Thon was the first to speak.
"Master Derins! Would you kindly speak with us?"
"O' course, wha' happened? Ya need the job star'ed early? I'm afrai' I'll have to star' withou' Fresk, he's gone fer the next couple er days. Although wha' he's doing I've no' a clue."

Fresky returned to his small hideout and locked the door behind him. Frodurien ran to him and as soon as he turned around after locking the door, she threw her arms around him and kissed him passionately, he was shocked at first, but then he put his strong arms around her and pulled her even closer to him, enjoying the feeling of her soft body against his. She pulled away after a while and just looked at him, playfully she ran her fingers through his hair and smiled brilliantly.
"Where have you been? It felt like an eternity just sitting here waiting for you. Please don't leave me again, my love." Fro said, and she led him over to the bed and sat, next to him, all the while never letting go of his hand.
Fresky felt at first that his world had turned around, and that everything was finally going his way. As, of course, it should have always been. He smiled as he answered her.
"My dove, of course I am staying here tonight. I was only thinking of your safety when I left you here in order to get supplies."
"My safety? What's going on outside?" She turned a disturbing shade of white, as if she thought a huge war was erupting right here in her hometown.
"Oh my love, Hobbiton is fine, it's just there is this Man, this Ranger, who has been trying to take you from me. This horrible Ranger must be stopped, who knows what terrors he might put you through, I would just die if he ever got his filthy, rotten hands on you." It was while they were talking that Fresky realized there was something strange about her appearance, it was her eyes, they weren't bright blue as they normally were. They were like a stormy sky, grey and cloudy, swirling and spooky. It was almost enough to unnerve him.
Frodurien hugged him to her and kissed him on the cheek.
"I'm so lucky to have you to protect me, Fresky, I feel quite unworthy of your love, and I promise that I'll do anything for you."
<< First1112131415
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email