Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rangers in the shire
on: April 25, 2004 08:42
From where Carrey sat, she could see the rooms that the rangers were in. All of a sudden, a pillow comes flying out the window, followed by shrieks of laughter. Carrey smiled, and hopped down from her perch. She dashed into the kithen and began to brew a fresh pot of tea, coffee, and spiced cider for breakfast.
After they were hot, she took them out to the tables and looked around. Still no sign of the rangers. Chuckleing, she skipped down the walkway and knocked on thier door.
" E..Excuse me?" she called. Apperently they didn't hear her, so she called louder." Good morning. Breakfast is ready when you can come out. "
Finally the rangers heard her calling, and said they'd be right out...
Smiling at them, Carrey said " OK.. But hurry, it'll get cold"
As she resumed her perch on the stairs, she watched as the rangers tumbeled pell-mell out the door, in a hurry to get to breakfast.
Again, the rangers invited her to eat with them, and, like the night before, Carrey sat down and began eating with them.
After a long drink of cider, Carrey looked at Denother and asked" If its not to much trouble, can I ask what rangers are doing here? Can I go with you on your next adventure?" she asked eargerly.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 09:49
"Good morning! Breakfast is ready when you can come out!"
Ethoner poked his head around the door, "Thankyou Mistress Carrey. We'll be right out."
She smiled as he tried to fend off a pillow and look dignified at the same time. "OK...But hurry, it'll get cold."
When finally down at the table, flushed and laughing, the Rangers began eating with gusto, but not before asking Carrey to eat with them.
"If its not to much trouble, can I ask what rangers are doing here? Can I go with you on your next adventure?"
Denother smiled, "I'm not a Ranger, but a soldier of Gondor tagging along as the City's representative. though, I must confess, representative in what I have no idea. Any of you?" The three Rangers signalled ignorance of their mission's pupose as best they could with full mouths.
"I think a visit to Faramir is in order."

Ooc - I don't know if Elijhas~Angel is still posting, but I am in other threads with her and will get her back here if it kills me!
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 12:18
Carrey looked up, and said " that sounds like a good idea. Now, after everyone's finished, if I can get some help with the dishess, I'll close the inn up for a while and go with you on an adventure."
While everyone else was still eating, Carrey dashed into her room, behind the kitchen, and began packing a small bag. Hmmm..... she thought What to bring.. Well, I must keep it light, so.. 2 pair of trousers, 2 shirts, one dress, two blankets, umm.. hairbrush, toothbrush, cloak. She looked around the room, trying to think if she had forgotten anything. Oh yes, I almost forgot. She added a long knife, used for cleaning fish. Then, she wrapped it all up in a nice little bundle and put it in her knapsack.
Coming back out through the kitchen, she reached into a drawer and pulled out a medium sized sack of dried travel rations. Inside there was dried meats, vegetables, fruits, hard cheeses, and crackers. All the things a traveler would need. On top of her pack, she tied down a pot with a lid, in such a manner that they wouldn't clank.
Surveying the kitchen to make sure there wasn't anything that she had forgotten, she placed her pack and a walking stick by the outside kitchen door, and then went back to the tables with the rangers.
Climbing up the stairs to the table, she offered them refills on the cider or tea, and urged them to eat as much as they wanted.
Sitting down, Carrey poured herself a small mug of cider to calm herself down. Watching the rangers eat, she smiled at them. " I'm ready to go, whenever ya'll have finished. "
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 07:08
Frodurien couldn't bear the thought of letting people go on adventures when she knew something about it. She burst out of the bushes and ran over to the tables, shocking everyone except Carrey.

"Carrey, I can't let you guys go without me! I have to go with y'all, I promise I won't be a bother." Frodurien begged the rangers. "Please, please, let me go with you."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 07:58
"Hey, slow down!" Denother stood as if to keep his head above this flood of Hobbits, "We don't even know IF we're off adventuring yet, or if we've just been put here by the Steward to keep us out of the way!"
"Den," Ethoner looke at his brother, "You know as well as I do that talk like that will get you done for treason."
"Yeah but. Who here agrees with me?" All the rangers mumbled or nodded agreement, no-one liked the steward and they all knew he was going loopy, even if they wouldn't admit it in front of his son.
"However," Den continued, "I don't see the harm in taking a walk back to camp."
He picked up the plates nearest to him and, followed by Thon and the others, set about washing up.
Soon enough all was done and the six, three rangers, one soldier and two Hobbits, were jauntily stolling down to the river they had left their Captain by.
Elijahs~Angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 09:26
Faramir was no where to be seen,he was'nt sitting by the river,or round the camp fire.Instead he was asleep in his tent,dreaming in deep sleep of his older brother,Boromir and his family.

OOC:Sorry if i ain't been posting much...i kinda got wrapped up in revision and lost track of everything.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 01:52
Carrey looked at the young hobbit that had just burst through the shrubbery. " Slow down" Carrey said giggling. " Come with me, and we'll see about going off with these kind rangers, if they'll let us."
Carrey looked up at Denother and grinned a shy, cute grin as if to say' aww we're soo cute. How can you resist taking us with yoy'.
When they got to the rangers' camp, they noticed that Faramire was nowhere to be seen. So, since it HAD been three hours since breakfast, Carrey and Frodurien sat down off to the side, quite ignored by the other rangers, and began to finish off the leftovers from the breakfast. Noticing a few of the rangers were watching, Carrey flagged them over and invited them to eat with her.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 07:42
Den sauntered over leaving his brother to look for Faramir and sat beside Carrey.
"Oh, no thanks," He repied to the offer of food, "I'm still getting off of travel feeding times, morning and night." He grinned "I'll never be able to understand where Hobbits put what they eat! I'll just keep you two ladies company." Denother liked Hobbits, they matched his joker personality perfectly. Ethoner always said he was a liability but, hey, who can live without a little fun now and then?
~Teveldin~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 11:59

(Hey can I join? well, since everyone IS begging for an adventure... Teveldin is an elven ranger, btw, bio's in the DB!)

~*~

Sar's hooves pounded the grass as he laboured up the slope. Teveldin checked his stallion's smooth canter as they reached the top. Hobbiton spread out below them, a picture of peace and harmony. Hobbits bustled about, going about their daily activities, chattering in the marketplace, clattering over the bridge in carts, putting around in gardens.

He smiled slightly. It had been several years since he had been in the shire, and was only now returned from scouting missions in Gondor and Rohan. All the young hobbits he had known would be grown up by now, and probably would not remember him after five years.

Upon return, however, he discovered peace was not to last long, since almost as soon as he had entered Rivendell he had been sent with a message to Halbarad, who was hopefully camped somewhere near the Shire. The message was a request for aid, since a giant pack of wargs had been prowling around Rivendell, and at the moment most of Rivendell's warriors were in Mirkwood.

His sharp green eyes narrowed as he spotted the camp on the outskirts of Hobbiton, a ranger camp. He clucked to Sar and urged him into a brisk canter towards the tents. As he approached he could make out the figures of men and several hobbits in the camp.

A frown momentarily crossed his features.

He should have recognized at least most of the men if they were indeed Rangers of the North, but so far he did not recognize a single face. He let his stallion drop to a trot, and then halt as he drew up beside several eating hobbits with a man sitting beside them.

The man's eyebrows arched as he took in Teveldin's appearence. It was not so unusual to see elves in the shire, but an elven ranger must have been new to him. The day was warm and these parts held no ill-will towards elves, so the elf's hood was thrown back and his long black tresses flowed across his shoulders, framing a handsome, young-looking face and peircing green eyes.

"Greetings! Teveldin called out to the man. "Is your party of the Rangers?"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 02:28
"Teveldin!" Frodurien jumped up from her food and gave him an ackward hug. "I haven't seen you for five years, I have changed much, but do say you remember me? I have missed you so!" She took the loaf of bread and offered some to Teveldin. "It's fresh, just baked his morning!" she smiled and blushed as Teveldin took some of the bread.
~Teveldin~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 02:49

Teveldin was surprised when a young hobbit ran up to him and gave him an awkward hug after he had swung down from his horse.

"Frodurien?" Teveldin grinned as the golden-haired hobbit burst into a stream of words. "I haven't seen you for five years, I have changed much, but do say you remember me? I have missed you so!"

He smiled, Of course "I remember you! Although I must say I am surprised you remembered me!"

The smiling hobbit offered Teveldin some bread, and he hesitated before accepting.

"It's fresh, just baked this morning!" She grinned.

He tested it, savoring the taste of good hobbiton-made food after almost a week with nothing but water and the berries and roots he could find in the wilds.

"This-" He told her whole-heartedly, "Is delicious! I'm sure by now you must be the best cook in the shire!" He smiled as the hobbit blushed deeply.

"But how have you been? You must not have changed so much after all these years, since you're still keeping company with the 'big folk!'" He asked the hobbit.

Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 07:43
"Hail Elf!" Den sat up made some gesture of greeting, "In answer to you, we are a party of rangers, mainly, although some, such as myself are merely soliders of Gondor." Den settled back as the elf began eating Frodurien's loaf, he always like to see friends reunited.
"Oh! Were are my manners?!" He shot upright, "I'll go and find my brother for you. He's probably the most senior Ranger around here, if they haven't found Faramir yet that is!"
~Teveldin~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 06:08

"I'll go and find my brother for you. He's probably the most senior Ranger around here, if they haven't found Faramir yet that is!" Den leapt to his feet with a grin.

"Many thanks mellon-nin..." Teveldin thanked the man as he sprinted off to find his brother.

He turned back to the hobbit as he waited and repeated his question with a smile.

"How have you been these past years, Frodurien?"

indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2004 03:12
Carrey watched as an elf rode up and asked to see the commanding ranger. Frodurien seemed to know him, so Carrey just sat in the background for a few minutes while they exchanged greetings. Finally deciding it was time to introduce herself, she got up and tapped frodurien on the shoulder.
"Excuse me, but would you mind introducing me to your friend? "
Carrey turned and offered the elf some of the cider that was left, and some of the finest apples this side of the Entwash.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2004 06:22
"Oh, here and there, coming and going. You know. but, I have made friends with a dwarf woman, and even a half-troll, who, I might add, was the friendliest, nicest troll I've ever met. Not to mention the only one I've ever met." Frodurien said in answer to his question. "What brings you back? are you looking for another adventure? I was leaving today on one myself, although I don't quite no where we are going yet." Teveldin laughed as the hobbit-lass went on and on about odd things.

"Excuse me, but would you mind introducing me to your friend?" Carrey asked.

"Sure, how silly of me." Frodurien blushed. "Carrey, this is my friend, Teveldin. And Teveldin, this is my friend, Carrey." Frodurien grinned from ear to ear.
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2004 04:45

Eleyn walked around for a little bit. She was deep in the forest brushing flowers and smiling at the sparkling sky shining down on the tree's. She turned around quickly at the sound of rumbling and tossing. She saw nothing. Eleyn turned back around and near about screamed as she ran into a muscular Uruk. It grabbed onto her arm and hissed at her.

Eleyn screamed as loud as she could until the Uruk put his hand around her mouth and stuck his arrow in her arm. Eleyn winced and tried to wriggle free of his grasp. She hated bieng stabbed, mostly by arrows. Tears ran down her face at the pain of it stabbing into diffrent places in her arm. Finally she had passed out and the Uruk started running away, holding her around his shoulders.

((Sorry I haven't posted for a long time! I forgot all about this RP...I'm glad I caught sight of it! hugs!))
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2004 07:59
Ooc - Dozy Lily!

Ic - Denother had tapped his brother on the shoulder, "Any luck?"
"Yes," Ethoner indicated the tent where Faramir lay, "I think it best to let his sleep for a while."
"Good. I need you then."
"What for?"
"We have a visitor." He pulled Thon by the arm towards where he had left Teveldin and the Hobbits, "An Elven Ranger name of Teveldin, though you might want to talk to him."
"Might as well, a new conversation partenr could be good."
All of a sudden an almighty scream split the air.
"Sweet Eru!" Ethoner's hand was alrady loosening his sword in it's scabbard.
Again the scream sounded, this time accompanied by the rumbling tread of Uruks.
"Rangers! To me!" Ethoner called and started off into the Forest with Denother in close pursuit.
~Teveldin~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2004 11:18

"Carrey, this is my friend, Teveldin. And Teveldin, this is my friend, Carrey." Frodurien grinned from ear to ear.

"I am honored to meet you Carrey" Teveldin grinned and bowed slightly to the hobbit, politely accepting her offer of apples and cider.

All three were startled when a scream peirced the silent forest, and then came a shout as the camp burst into chaos.

"Rangers! To me!" Teveldin could see Denother and another man, likely his brother, rallying the rangers as the pounding feet of Uruks shook the ground.

He instantly slung his bow from his shoulder and nocked an arrow, joining the other rangers running after the Uruks....
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2004 01:02
"Oh, dear! But how exciting, I wonder what is the matter?" Frodurien said to Carrey. "Let's go, suppose there are to many bad things for the rangers to fight!" Her eyes lit up as she ran after all of the rangers to see what was happening. She stopped in her tracks once the Uruks were in veiw. she gulped and hid in the bushes. They are much to big for me to fight, and they are very, very scary. Shivers ran up her spine as she watched the rangers and soilders fight the big scary Uruks. Oh no! they have Eleyn! She silenced a scream and pulled Carrey into the bushes as she caught up with the group.
"Shhhhhh." she whispered in Carrey's ear.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2004 03:00
They all heard the scream. Frodurien jumped up and started to pull Carrey into the bushes. " Just a minute" Carrey whispered. She reached into her basket and pulled out pair of large cooking knives and handed one to Frodurien and kept the other. Then, they slipped into the bushes.
Carrey was curious who had screamed. In spite of Frodurien's warning to stay down, she was, by nature, curious. Slipping through the underbrush, she pulled Frodurien in the direction of the scream. Following a small trail, they turned a corner around a large oak tree, they saw a hideous, hulking, black shape charge by, with an elf-maid in his arms. The she-elf strggled to get free, but was unable to. Carrey thought to herself ok.. this thing is taking the Hunter's trail.. If I take the woodland path... hmm. She turned to Frodurien and quickly outlined a plan for Frodurien to find the rangers and head to the Brandywine to cut the thing off, while she would follow it, and try to slow it down. Without giving Frodurien a chance to argue, she whirled and began to quietly run down a side trail.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 08:21
Ooc - I know Uruks are useful for getting a thread going again but, it bugs me when the pop up in unlikely places. Hey ho.

Ic - Ethoner was still running as he took a swipe at the nearest brute. It put up a short but vicious fight and when he dispatched it the Ranger was nursing several deep scratches. Denother was busy with problems of his own but coping well.
Thon looked round for a fresh opponent when an arrow whiffled past his ear and pierced the throat of a particularly big Uruk.
"You must be Teveldin." he said casually to the elf that appeared at his side, "Pleased to meet you. I'm Ethoner, second in command to Faramir on this mission and older brother of Denother whom you've met." He whirled and thrust his sword into the gut of an orc who had tried to sneak up behind him.
"Den!" He called above the sounds of battle, "What did you do with the Hobbits?"
"I don't know!" Came the response, interspersed with grunts of effort, "I left them with our visitor!"
"Well, don't look at me!" Teveldin returned as he loosed another arrow.

Ooc - Hope you don't mind me using Teveldin for a bit.
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 01:07

Eleyn's scream was muffled as she saw 3 or more rangers come up and started killing Uruk's. Eleyn tried to break free of tough hold on her weigst and chest. Her legs were bound by the rope of an orc, leaving her helpless. Eleyn's arms were pushed down forcely by her sides from the arms of her captor. She tried her best to get out of the strength of the Uruk but it came to no avail. Trying her best to scream for Ethoner the arms of the captor tightened and shot pain through her rib cage. Please help me! She screamed through her mind as her totally helpless legs started to sway under her dizziness. She tried her best to lift her eyelids which mysteriously grew heavy. She couldn't help but starting to sag under the Uruk's arms and fall to the ground in pain. She felt like she was going to die.

((O.o I had troubles, yet again, ending it! :disco: So fun to have a character become helpless aint it? jk))
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 02:20
"But!" Frodurien called after Carrey, who was now following the large Uruk. "Uh oh." She said to herself. Quickly, she ran out of the bushes and hoped on Teveldins horse. She whispered the plan in his ear and he smiled. He killed the nearest Uruk and started down the small road, towards the Brandywine bridge. Frodurien held on tight to the large animal. She could feel the beast's muscles tightning and loosening underneath her legs, and was afraid she might fall off.
"Teveldin! Turn left here!" she yelled, as he almost missed the turn.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 03:53
Carrey raced down the path, not stopping to think about how she was going to slow the black thing down. As she ran, she spotted a large, thick branch. Hmm.. Maybe I can trip that thing up with this... Thinking it was worth a try, she picked up the branch and started to run again.
A few minutes later, she came upon the uruk. The elf-maid was on the ground, and she wasn't moving, and the uruk seemed to be gloating over her. Carrey moved around behind the uruk, hoping she was quiet enough so that it wouldn't notice her. Hoping that rangers would find her, she thrust out her stick, and whacked thr uruk on the back of its knees. Dropping her stick, she started running toward the Brandywine Bridge, hoping the the thing would follow. She prayed that the Rangers would be waiting at the bridge. If not, she was going to be in a lot of trouble.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 07:50
"Rangers!" Thon called as Teveldin rode off with a Hobbit. At least I know where one of them is! "To the bridge! Don't let them get away! Show them what happens to evil in beauty!" He stayed behind to drive the Uruks towards the bridge and was pleased to see Den racing off in the direction of the river.
A muffled squeak reached his ears and he suddenly knew what direction to fight in. What would pass for a Hobbit war cry soon echoed around the forset and Ethoner fouhgt with increased urgency.
They're getting an adventure. but against seven foot Uruks! They'll be no more than tasty morsels in a minute!
Left and right Uruks fell to his blade, but he had paid the price for his success. His left sleeve was drenched with blood and a deep gash showed through his shirt.
"Die!" He yelled as another enemy barred his way.
All of a sudeen he burst into a clearing and saw at least two uruks bundling up the seemingly unconcious Eleyn. He cursed roundly, "So close!" And continued trying to get to her through the melee.

Meanwhile, at the Bradywine Bridge, Den and his steadfast group waited.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 07:44
Frodurien jumped off the horse and yelled to Carrey as she saw her burst out of the trees. All of the sudden, she realized why Carrey was running. A huge seven-foot Uruk came bounding out of the trees at her heels, and was gaining on her. Frodurien took out a rock faster then anything and threw it. It hit the Uruk right between the eyes, he fell with a BOOOM and Frodurien ran over to it.

"I killed it!" Frodurien yelled at carrey, who had turned around. She felt so proud of herself as the rangers came up behind her, shocked as anything.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 08:21
Den shook his head as though he could not belive what he was seeing.
"Mistress Frodurien, the Hobbit catapult! I've seen these brutes take three arrows and still keep coming. That is an assult worthy of a song!"
Frodurien blushed but didn't have long to enjoy the praise as the rest of the Uruks exploded from the trees with Ethoner and the remainder of the rangers in close pursuit.
"Kill them Teveldin!" Ethoner pointed to the two dragging Eleyn between them, "Den flank left!"
Den obeyed as Ethoner took his men to the right until the band of Uruks was surrounded.
Men stayed at the sided while thier companions dove intot he fight, intent on making sure that none of the evil creatures before them ever left the Shire alive. When one man was injured, another took his place and soon only four uruks were left, standing in a ring around the unconcious form of Eleyn.
Den, Thon and the two Rangers from their room at the inn squared off with their opponents. Thon was breathing raggedly as blood loss took it's toll and Den was nursing a deep slash up his back, and yet they were determined.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 12:40
Carrey ran past Frodurien, with the uruk still chasing her. As she ran, she looked back over her shoulder and saw Frodurien throw a rock at the uruk and kill him. Finally skidding to a halt, she stopped a moment to catch her breath, and then walked over to Frodurien. " Thanks for saving my life and finding the rangers. I hoped that you would, but I wasn't sure that you could get them to the bridge in time."
Turning, without waiting for a reply, she grabed Frodurien's arm and said " there are still more uruks, we have to help that elf-lady." Pulling her back the way she had come, Carrey drew her long-handled kitchen knife and gestured that Frodurien do the same. At top speed, the two hobbits were back in the glade in a matter of moments. Seeing the rangers engaged with the uruks, Carrey let go of Frodurien's arm, and ducked between a ranger and uruk, and managed to get to the lady on the ground. Noting the slashes on the elf's arms, Carrey began to rip her apron into bandages, ducking every so often, when the uruks would notice her, and try to kill her. The rangers had stopped them from killing her, but she had gotten slashed a few times. but not as bad as the lady on the ground. When she thought she had stopped the bleeding as best she could, she drew her knife, and plunged it into the back of the thigh of the closest uruk.
The knife distracted it enough for the ranger to kill it. Now there were only three uruks left. Now all she had to do was get out of the battle and back into the saftey of the trees. Finding an opening , she dashed through, and ran back to her friend's side.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 07:58
Den desperatly tried to keep his opponents attention on him, to give Carrey the chance to aid Eleyn. He ducked a high blow but failed to rise in time, the uruk twisted behind himself and slashed at the young Hobbit, however she stabbed at him with what appeared to be a kitchen knife. The huge creature slapped at the wound as if it were an insect bite, but it was all Den needed, a look of almost animal pleasure entered his eyes as he brought his sword down hard, cleaving the thing's head in two.
On the other side of the circle Thon let out a weak whoop for his brother before hurridly lifing his sword to counter an attack. He was in trouble, his reactions were slowing and his vision was beginning to dim.
"Den..." He croaked.
The hilt of the Uruk's sword filled his vision and all was black, But just before he lost conciousness he heard a hoarse cry and felt the whistle of air past of his face as Den took his place in the fight.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 01:26
"CARREY, NOOO!" Frodurien screamed, as her friend ducked inside the ring of uruks. She ran around, escaping blows from the uruks, but trying to be a target, so her friend could nurse Elyen. She saw Carrey get slashed and lost her balance. Her step faltered, and a blade slashed the side of her arm.

Frodurien bit her lip to stop from screaming, and ran over to the trees. As soon as she sat down, one last uruk burst through the trees, knocking her unconsious with the hilt of his blade. She fell, and hit the icy water of a small pool. She awoke at the touch of the water, and groaned. It had hit her on the side of her head, and she felt a trickle of blod drip down from the corner of her mouth. She rolled over and numbed her slashed arm with the icy touch of the water. As she touched her face, she winced. It seemed to her that it had only broken a tooth, and she opened her mouth. the pain from her movement shot through her whole body. She shut her mouth as more blod dripped from her mouth.

Oww! She screamed in her head, wishing someone could hear her.
Elijahs~Angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 06:10
Faramir walked throught the forest,trying to track them down.He heard a scream of a hobbit,and he ran in the direction of the noise,as soon as he reached her,he saw Frodurien in the small pool of water,he dropped his weapons and took off his sbelt,which held his sword and he dove into the pool after her.The moment was tense,and everywhere was quiet,Faramir grabbed her by her good arm and he pulled her out of the water.He climbed out,soaking wet and looked around at the rangers and said "sorry i'm late.."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 07:52
"You could call it that." Den gave a determined grin as he stepped beneath the guard of his enemy and delivered a sharp, stinging stab before leaping back to safety, "It's good to see you again Captain." He jerked to the side, almost too late to avoid a blow that would have scalped him, "Of you could just drag Thon out from under my feet. I've been trying to kick him but it hasn't been working and everyone else seems a tad busy."
"Thon's down!?" Faramir lifted the fallen Ranger by the arms and gently pulled him out of the battle zone as Den kept the Uruk interested in him, giving safe passage.
"How can you be so calm?"
"I don't know, but a little help would be appreciated! Argh!" Den fell heavily as a sneaky move brought the flat of a heavy sword into his side, but almost as soon as he hit the floor he was trying to rise.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 02:33
Frodurien nodded her head and smiled, feeling pain in her jaw. She shook, and another drop of blood dripped down her chin. She quickly wiped it of and ran over to Carrey. She tore a corner off her dress, and brang Carrey over to the pool of water. She bathed her friend's wounds and re-wrapped them with clean cloth. Frodurien felt light-headed and sat down as a few more drops of blod escaped from the corner of her mouth. Silently, she washed her face with the cool water, and rinsed the blood off her hands.

Frodurien turned around and stared in shock as a uruk knocked Den over with his sword. She quickly picked up a rock and threw it at the uruk's neck. It hit him sharply and caused the thing to grab its neck for a second. Thus, allowing Den to get back on his feet and slash the monster's arm. It yelped and Den got in another blow, cleaving the uruk's head in two. He smiled a thanks and ran over to help another ranger.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 04:37
Carrey allowed herself to b pulled out of the trees and over to a pool of water, where Frodurien proceeded to wash the wounds that she had recieved helping the elf-lady. All of a sudden Frodurien pushed Carrey down, and grabbed a sharp rock and threw it! Waving at someone over Carrey's shoulder, Frodurien sat down suddenly. Carrey lifted up her friend's head and noticed a cut across her mouth. Frodurien tried to clean it off in the pool, but Carrey still noticed it. Pulling off what was left of her apron, she used it to dab the remaining blood off Frodurien's face. " How did this happen? Was it one of those uruks?" Carrey was upset that her friend was hurt. What started as an adventure, was turning into a sad time. It was nothing like she thought it would be.
After the rangers had finished killing the uruks, Carrey climbed up on a tree stump. Gestureing to the Rangers, she said in a somewhat loud voice" If there is anyone interested, my inn is still open. I don't think I have enough beds for everyone, but I know I'll have enough to feed ya'll. Allow me to treat you brave men and women to dinner. You can bring the elf-lady to my inn. She can have my bed, and you can heal her in comfort."
Carrey stood there nervously fidgeting, waiting to see if anyone would take her up on her offer.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 07:40
Ooc - Ta Fro!

Ic - Den waved his thanks to Frodurien then ran over to Ethoner's still form. He knelt and cradled his brother's head on his knees.
"He'll live." Faramir appeared nearby, "Give him a bit of rest and he'll be back to his old self."
Den looked thoughtful, "Do we really want that?" Just as he laughed he heard Carrey's voice, a little shakey but still loud, tell the men that her inn was open for food and a place for healing for those who needed it.
Gently lowering Thon, Den stood.
"Thankyou Mistress Carrey, I'm sure we'll take you up on that." He turned to the other Rangers, dreading what he was about to hear, "Damage report?"
"None dead sir," The young soldier breath a heavy sigh of relief, "Seven seriously injured, though it's highly likely they'll live and cuts and bruises all round."
Well, that wasn't as bad as he had expected, "Very well. Bring those that can't bring themselves. We're off to the pub."
A ragged cheer greeted his words as the wounded were hoisted into firemans lifts or slung between two comrades and the ragged party set off back to The Robin. (?)
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email