Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
MerenwenLossehelin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Any aussies?!
on: August 22, 2005 09:52
Another Aussie here! I'm from QLD, and on the topic of instruments, I play flute, have done from year 2 through to year 7. Quit now though, might start up again just for fun.

Just thought I would say hi!
Saeraeariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 11:21
wow that is so cool! Elvishmusician, that's really freaky cause i also fiddle around on the piano and i sing as well....O_o I was gonna audition for Con stuff this year but I've just been so busy with year 12 shit, so yeah. hopefully if i do ever join something in the con we'd be in the same group thingy. i'm in a school quartet, and i was first violin for half the year and now i've swapped with the second. XD
And merenwen, flute and viomalin sound awesome together! I reckon you should start up again for fun *nods*
orlando_obsessive
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2005 05:46
OMG!!! how cool is this?? I'm doing State Honours this year! I screamed when I read that! Wow! that is sooooo awesome! i can't wait! I used to play in the Young Con Symphonic Orchestra last year nad the year before, but i got a job this year so i gave it up. i'm auditioning for QYO for next year though. wow ... i'm still in shock bout the State Honours thing. i didn't expect other people on this site to be this near and this closely related ... if you get my drift. it's a bit strange though do you think - that this is an absolutely massive website all over the world, and then there are so many people here, just from Brisbane!
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 23, 2005 09:01
I'm doing State Honours this year!
Wow that's awesome -I was thinking of trying out for the Con next year -but decided not to... I've decided to take a gap year between year 12 and uni. As for State Hons -I did apply (and got in) but had to cancel my placement :cry::sob: -due to trouble with getting down there and back -so someone who was on reserve will have the opportunity -have you been any other years -I think it was 2003 when I went last (I didn't apply at all last year)... LOL we might have met without knowing it -have any of you been to USQ Summer Arts Retreat program by any chance either? I agree its amazing about how close everyone is -my sister -who's also on this site says its crazy to think that someone you post with each day could be your next door neighbour or something and never even know it!
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2005 05:33
what!!! orlando obsessive!! You played in the Young Con Symphonic orchestra last year!!! im playing in it this year!!!! we like missed each other by a year!!! im lead viola... this is SOOOO WEIRD!! What QYO are you trying out for??? i was in QYO3 for 4 years and then i escaped!!! QYO3 used to be good but now they cant play for nuts and you have to like know the auditoners to get in a good place...QYO2 is ok but the conductor is a mad Russian..scarey i was going to be going in State Honors this year too but ive got a camp on the same week which i soooo anonying so im going on the camp instead..

orlando_obsessive
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2005 09:53
hey
so Dingil you are lead viola? wat about cameron? is he still there? do u know kim? she plays violin? her and i sat together last year. how about hayley? is she concertmaster? is andrew still conductor? i miss him so much - he is so cool. im trying out for QYO 1 and 2, but i think ill get into 2. ive never done it before, so i hope they dont judge you on if they know you. i havent done state honours any other year, coz my stupid school music teacher threw the thing out last year. i kicked him really hard for that - i really did. i nearly did again this year, coz he put it in late, but he rang them up and begged to put me in cuz he knew i would kill him if i couldnt do it! lol.
Saeraeariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2005 10:56
I was in qyo3 in 2003 and 2004. i reckon the conductor of the 2nd qyo is pretty good though, cause he took us for sectionals and stuff on camp. I haven't auditioned for it though, maybe i will in a couple of years
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 07:41
Hey Saeraeriel what postion did you sit in i might of kinda like known/recognised you!!
Orlando obsessive! yes Cameron is still there i sit beside him , he's really funny, yes Hayley is concert master and Kim is i think 4th first violin. Yeah Andrew is still there.. he reckons we're the best young con orchestra yet *puffs out chest*. Did you know Damien? it think he's stolen my folder, he's cool...Sheesh this is so WEiRD!!!
Saeraeariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2005 12:24
hehe....okay postions *embarrassment*
2003 i was near the back of the 2nd violins *shame*
and in 2004 i was also at the back but this time in 1st violins *shame again*

(I was the one with darkish skin and glasses....and relatively odd dress sense XP)

[Edited on 26/8/2005 by Saeraeariel]
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 07:59
My mind has gone blank ...cna't remember you which is weird for me...were you in the 2004 orch. photo???
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 05:17
And here's another's Aussie!
Saeraeariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 11:50
hey there supermelannen, where in oz are you?

hehe dingil i think i might have missed the '04 photo....although i can't remember now
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 01:26
hey there supermelannen, where in oz are you?

I'm in Central Western NSW.
orlando_obsessive
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2005 02:52
hey there everyone/anyone doing state honours ths year! how are you guys liking it? what orchestra are you in? im in ... um ... sir somebody string orchestra (the big one). im having fun, but i really dont like one of the pieces, but its ok. see you tomoro!

from bernie
PrincessYanaowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 09:15
Hi,
im an aussie 2 and i live in the same town as supermelanan or how ever you spell that name.Im only 13 and i am lotr obssessed as you can see,i found the site only about a month ago.Its good to find some more aussies and i hope some of u pm me 4 chatting,
Elise aka Princessyanaowyn
elenlhach
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 09:11
wow, so many people.
I live outside Toowoomba, QLD, which is basically stickdom (the only hole you have to go uphill to get into!)

good to see everyone!
atheniel_
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 12:23
Hey everyone! *points to self* Me= Aussie too I'm from Melbourne, Vic. Are there no people from Vic here?
I'm 15, obsessed, *cackles* and proud of it! Unfortunately, there aint nearly as many Ringers here as I'd like. *sniffs*
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2005 04:13
Hi elenlhach and atheniel_! Good to see more aussies here!
Kathlyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2005 05:00

Hey all (aussie ausie ausie oi oi oi!!!!)
Im from Adelaide originally, but living in Christchurch New Zealand at the mo(moved over july 2001 - just in time for lotr lol). Leaving for Europe for at least a yr mid january. Graduate in like 3 weeks!
Ciao, Kat
Vardamir
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2005 07:01
Mate!!! Pleased to meet you all, true blue chick from Cairns here. I didn't realise there were so many aussies on this site! This rocks. I hope I can get to meet some of you. Dance like no one can see you! Hailing all Middle earthiens from the realm of our most graceful and revered Nessa. May she dance through your lifes spreading her happiness.
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 12:24
I'm a bit startled to see so many Aussie LOTR fans concentrated in Qld... Anyway, I'm just feeling spammy today, but is anybody else melting into the ground from 42+ degree Celsius (108 F) heat?! :cry: I was thinking of going to one of the Sydney beaches, but couldn't be stuffed to move in the end...

Also, Happy New Year to all.

EDIT: fixed typos.

[Edited on 1/1/2006 by Fíriel]
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 02:12
it is VEry hot!! i have melted into a bowl of jelly
of course everyones from Queensland!! Queensland is the only place to be!!
Cirion2
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2006 11:56
Yes fellow Aussies i was wondering if anyone fro the Great countrey of Australia was a memeber of this site.
Go NSW! I live on the Central Coast but born and Bred in the great capital of NSW Sydney.

You guys are all talkin bout AFL what about NRL go the Parramatta EELS! !
Merry Easter to all you guys ! in the AUSSIE Land
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 12:30
I'm not Australian, although my mother is, and my family are moving to Darwin at the end of May.
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 06:54
Ha!! Welcome to Australia AEvenstar!!! (when you get here) Australia is REaLlY cool!!
Eek! The Paramatta Ells!? ewwww.. go the BRONCOS!!!
Cirion2
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2006 08:46
BAh Broncos? They're one of my favourites but NSW will win The state of origin. Any sydneysiders? and i like the loyal Borimir fan thing Assail the Enemies of Gondor!!!
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 30, 2006 03:18
Go Qld! :disco: Go Qld! :disco: Go Qld! :disco: Go Qld! :disco: Go Qld! :disco: Go Qld! :disco: Go Qld! :disco: ... no prizes for guessing which team I want to win State of Origin

So_Yun
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2006 01:27
Hi guys,

I'm australian although i'm Korean born but hey there are some new south walesies!
Btw i was just wondering if any of you have seen an old friend of mine who used to roam this site: Supermelanen he seems to have gone *is sad*
But bye fellow aussies and this site rocks!
Yun
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: May 28, 2006 03:03
I'm not much of a sports enthusiast (although I couldn't help think of elvishmusician when I heard the State of Origin results ), but I can't help getting caught up in the World Cup excitement, especially when living with two football-mad fans... Woot! :love:

Hello So Yun, welcome to the site! As for supermelannen, I don't know him personally, but that said, I haven't noticed him around the forums for a while.
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 02:56
w00t! Australia v Japan 3-1!!! :disco: :love: (I wouldn't usually make a post like this, but it was such an unbelievable turnaround -- 0-1 until three goals in the last few minutes of the match!)
Cirion2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 02:10
Yeh but now the Socceroos are gone from the world cup.
State of Origin III coming Bluess will win 50-0
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 03, 2006 10:09
:sob: Aaaaaahh that stupid referee!!! :sob: My poor Socceroos! They were so good! And even thought they've all made us so proud, the fact is they should still be in this World Cup... :sob:
There'll never be another team like it... not this exact team that had everything... no more Guus factor... :sob:
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2006 09:31
Queenslander! Queenslander!!
Aha!! Queensland WON! finally the trophy is back were it truly belongs... in queensland
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: July 07, 2006 04:28
There'll never be another team like it... not this exact team that had everything... no more Guus factor...

Personally, I'm hoping this is just the start of something brilliant. I'm hoping that football in Australia stays in the limelight now... It's been so long in the cold since we've gone to the World Cup, with so little attention paid to the sport here, that every well-deserved success of the Socceroos feels vindicating. Please, let's not have the attention die, and aim for South Africa 2010. (This will sound terribly cliched, but I really do wish that Johnny Warren had lived just a little bit longer to see this. )

Queenslander! Queenslander!!
Aha!! Queensland WON! finally the trophy is back were it truly belongs... in queensland

May the Queenslanders revel in their joy whilst it lasts.
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2006 12:50
the glory will last forever!!! because..... queensland dont wear ugly light blue shirts...ewww
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email