Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Andowen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Beta-reading requests
on: December 21, 2006 06:38
I'm sort of experimenting with something on LiveJournal and I'm wanting some feedback on it.

I'm basically doing this thing with the characters from (at the moment) Lord of the Rings, where each week they're staying with me and I'm recording what we do.

It's a little bit weird and I'm not sure how well it works because I'm not sure how funny I am.

Anyway, if someone, anyone, could check it out for me and either PM me or comment on the entry itself I'd be really grateful. The place to go is this LJ entry.

Thanks
TwoDiffSocks
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 06:58
Hi Ya'll,

I checked out your writing & found it charming & different. Keep up the good work, Andowen.

:evil:
Andowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 07:08
Hi Ya'll,

I checked out your writing & found it charming & different. Keep up the good work, Andowen.

Wow, that was quick.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

I'm trying to figure out a character which I can do in a similar style starting on Sunday and then post as a day by day thing.
TwoDiffSocks
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 07:15
Hi Ya'll,

anytime love, anytime.

elbarto
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 08:02
I'm having some concerns about my characters I'm creating turning into an undesirable character. It's for the "Pick a Path" section. I don't want to give much away, but some character traits are not dependent on the reader's choice. There are also other concerns....

It's in progress...if anyone can is willing to read something like this, PM me.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2007 07:17
hey, pitya here looking for a beta reader for a couple Silmarillion-based fanfics; Fëanor and his sons related. If interested, please pm me! any sort of feedback is welcome.
Almerúvë
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2007 08:40
Hi, I'm looking for a beta-reader for a fanfic, but it's not one with characters from LOTR. It is located in ME and some places (Like Rivendell) are the same as Tolkien's, but I also have included many new places, and I invented all of the characters myself. It's a new story, not based on one of the stories that Tolkien wrote. It is only the first chapter, because I want to have some reviews before I write the rest of it. I'd like someone to read it for me and give me some comments, i want to learn .

Please PM me if you're interested. Thanx!
Aitra
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2007 09:28
Hi,

I need someone to beta read a fanfiction for me, it's in swedish so far read that language is a must. it's not finish and it's my first try.

Please pm me if you think it would be fun to read.

//Aitra
ainaloth_duredhel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2007 12:31
I'm willing to beta-read anything anybody wants to send to me. I'm an English major and looking to be an editor once I'm through with college, so this is good practice.

I have had plenty of experience helping friends with senior research reports, various writers on fictionpress.com, and working as an editor on my school's yearbook staff.

PM or email me ([email protected]) me with any requests.

[Edited on 12/4/2007 by ainaloth_duredhel]
mercy
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2009 08:26
Hello Dunno if this is still a running thread, but I figured I'd give it a shot!

I have a slash fic (Celegorm/Curufin) that I have been unable to find a beta for. It's a tasteful R, a work in progress, and chapters run about 1000 words give or take each. Please please please, any and all help welcomed!

I am also willing to beta just about anything, given that the author runs it through spellcheck first .

Many thanks, and regards.
Tulcadhiel_Greenleaf
News Admin & Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 04, 2009 09:21
I love to read/write fanfic and I really enjoy helping others--therefore I'm open as a beta reader! I have good editing skills (news admin) and have studied Middle Earth in real depth so I can catch those kind of errors as well.

I'm a beta reader on fanfiction.net as well, and please note that I do not beta anything with explicit sex/slash (most of those don't get put on CoE anyhow). I'll beta pretty much up to PG-13 and I don't mind violence, though. I've written and beta'd all my own fanfic, and I'm ready to help you with yours, give constructive crit if you want, etc. Just drop me a PM with your story description or email [email protected]
(please note that I do not really check my CoE email at all other then every few months...quicker responses by PM or pendragon email! thanks)

[Edited on 7/2/2010 by Tulcadhiel_Greenleaf]
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 12, 2009 12:18
Um...ditto.

I don't like slash/sex stuff, but I'll beta-read anything PG-13 and under. My email is [email protected]. Send me an email if you need help!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: July 05, 2011 10:48
Edited this post because I no longer have a need for beta'ing for that particular story.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post Re: Beta-reading requests
on: August 01, 2012 11:07
Again, looking for a Beta. I have a new story that is Chronicles of Narnia/Lord of the Rings Crossover, AU. If you are interested or want more details, please PM me. Thanks!
Sassyfriend
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2012 06:34
I'm looking for a betta for my Lord of the rings stories. Please help me!
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: October 10, 2012 05:32
If anyone needs a beta reader, let me know, I'd be more than happy to help!
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2012 11:47
I can help lol!
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
I'm looking for a beta reader for a hobbit book fanfic of mine please
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Hobbit *book*? Sounds good... I don't do beta reading for book fics that a) need a native English speaker beta as I'm not one, and b) are romances or slash. If the chapters aren't too long and are not either of the above, please PM me the specifics and I'll try.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I can beta read anything! Please PM me!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Oh thank you a lot but I forgot to say it was a slash. But I apreciate a lot your availability.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
No problem If you still want me to read it, you can PM me
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I need a beta reader for my first fan fiction. Just warning you beta readers my writing is still,well, rough. Plenty of puncuation mistakes, but that's what you guys are for, right.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, please PM me and I will give you a summary of the work so you can see if your interested. Thanks.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Okay the Beta Reader that I had hasn't responded so I'm sending another request for a Beta Reader. Same as above but I'm posting my summary here. Also it will take me a while to finish the entire work and I will post it in sections. Okay here we go:

Randiriel, daughter of Elrohir Halfelven, journeys to Ithilien to bid farewell to the last of the Elves, including her uncle, Elladan. The twin’s bond had broken many years before when Elrohir chose a mortal life so he could marry the daughter of a Rohirric marshall. After the parting, on the journey home a terrible accident occurs. Barad, son of Halbarad, rescues Randiriel and teaches her the ways of the Dúnedain. She becomes a wanderer always seeking revenge on all that is evil.

Five Hobbits retrace the steps of the Great Adventurers, Merry and Pippin. After an attack and rescue from thieves they journey to Edoras with a strange woman called Randir.

Young rider, Kernhelm, tries to help heal the Wanderer but how can he when she is so closed.

A new evil stirs in the Misty Moutains. Rumor has it that a servant of Morgoth has escaped and that he can only be killed by a sword made somewhere out of Middle Earth. He’s not stupid enough to put all his power in one ring.

Will these unlikely people join together to stop the new evil?

[Edited on 07/05/2014 by Cenor]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will read for you, Cenor. You have my Gmail, so you can email me there.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Emailing you
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
I'd love a beta reader for a new fic I've got in progress. It's a self-insert (but hopefully not a Sue) set in the First Age of Arda. It chronicles my adventures in Beleriand, from the haven of Eglarest to the woods of Doriath, and maybe even the lands beyond the Ered Luin. Who knows? Even the wisest of the Valar cannot see all that lies in the thought of Iluvatar.

Anyone interested, please PM me with your email address. I can share the story with you on Google Docs, which I find awesome for making edits and comments.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email