Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
Post The Assigments illustrated- RotK book 5
on: June 02, 2004 12:10
Ready for another round? As ever i will hope to bring you illustrations to accompany the assignments.

Same "rules" as ever apply- if you want to see an illustration added please PM me rather than add your own, and enjoy!!

k
Cavegirl
Send Message
Post RE: The Assigments illustrated- RotK book 5
on: June 02, 2004 12:19
Assignment One- Minas Tirith

Arriving at the city

Look at the beautiful sky in this one! It is of course by Ted Nasmith and shows pippin and Gandalf arriving at Minas Tirith.

seven stars, seven stones and one white tree

Gandalf and pippin arrive at the centre of the city, again this is by nasmith.

Lord Denethor

By Alan Lee

bergil

One of the lesser illustrated characters, i thought it might be nice to put him in here. Its Bergil drawn by Stefano Baldo.

k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 12:32
Assignment two- The passing of the grey company

Hail Aragorn

This is Halbarad by Hoover.

Farewell

Aragorn bids Eowyn a goodbye. This is by Eissmann.

Through the paths of the dead

I like this picture, you might recognise the aragorn image from the random block. Inger Edelfeldt does good faces.

erech stone

This one is haunting isnt it! by Alexander.

k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 05:37
Assignment three- The muster of Rohan

The approach to Dunharrow

This is by Ted Nasmith showing the road leading to the encampment and some of the soldiers tents.

pukel men

they had made this place, as a town or a secret temple or a tomb of kings, non in Rohan could say. Here they laboured in the dark years, before ever a ship came to the western shores, or gondor of the dunedain was built, and now they had vanished, and only old Pukel men were left, still sitting at the turnings of the road.

A sketch by John Howe

To battle

Rohan answers the call of Gondor. A wonderful picture by Ted Nasmith!

Dernhelm

A fabulous portrayel of Eowyn as Dernhelm in my opinion, by John Howe.

k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 06:03
Assignment Four- The Seige of Gondor

Guard of the citedel

Pippin dresses in his strange black and silver clothing. An image by John Howe

waiting for battle

Another by Howe this is the guards awaiting battle. I love this image, the light and mountains and the expressions on the mens faces.

Faramir returns

There are LOTS of images of this scene by Eissman, heres just one of the many... one of my faves because it shows a rather good hobbit as well.

The Seige of Gondor

An image by John Howe

Grond

This shows Grond the door breaking thing, illustrated by Alan Hickman. (who also does a very good dragon, look it up..)

This chapter is hugely detailed and well illustrated, i couldnt fit even half of the images that would have gone well in here... if theres something you want to see added let me know.

[Edited on 17/7/2004 by k]
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 06:58
Assignment five- Part I, The ride of the Rohirrim

Druadan forest

A nice little image by Beard to start us off..

Wild men

Ghan buri ghan and co. this version is by Nasmith. Theres also a wonderful version by Howe.

The Rohirrim

A rohan man... theres nothing even remotely like the beautiful scene in the film- with the sunset behind the riders etc, in the illustrations i have found. So your stuck with this one for the charge scene... I do have a half naked eomer charging into battle with orcs from that scene in TTT somewhere in the gallery though
This one is by Howe

Assignment five- Part II, The battle of the pelennor fields

The battle

We havent had anything by Lee for a while so heres a nice one of the Rohirrim riding into battle...

Eowyn faces the witch king

This one is by Howe, its beautiful, simple and detailed at the same time. Sorry i havent put a huge amount of variation in but this guy just rocks.

This one is by Nasmith, see how the king has no head, and Merry is there in the background! Rocking!

Corsairs of Umbar

The Corsairs arrive carrying aragorn, legolas and gimli... recognise the Aragorn from the random block? This is by Michellucci.

Wow that was some going! I hate searching for images when im on dial up, and i managed to loose the first post i made of this assigment too And i thought the last chapter was well illustrated.... sheesh!
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 07:16
Assignment six- The Pyre of Denethor

Domes of the dead

Gandalf and pippin hurry to stop Denethor- by Nasmith.

Denethor burns

An image by Robert Chronister

Thats all for this chapter folks, apparently images of burning mad men are short on the ground... thank goodness- im not sure id like to see some of these artists skills applied to that particular scene.

k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 07:27
Assignment seven- the houses of healing

I wish that someone would illustrate my fave bit, where Pippin finds Merry wandering. Alas they have not. So you get these images instead...

After battle

After the battle by Alan Lee-
And even as they hastened on their way the wind brought a grey rain, and all the fires sank, and there arose a great smoke before them

kingsfoil

Otherwise known as Athelas... by Howe

Healing

An image of Faramir being healed, by Eissmann

An image here by Hildebrandt, Eowyn being healed.

k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 07:32
Assignment Eight- The last debate

Now heres a problem.... The paths of the dead chapter i illustrated earlier, i could do it again but i would choose the same images. And as for the rest... well there are no images i can find of the group wandering around talking to each other...

So if someone has a suggestion for some images for this section please let me know, otherwise... well nothing for this assignment im afraid.

k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 05:25
Assignment Nine- The black gate opens

Theres going to be a few simelar pictures from this one and the chapter where frodo and sam saw the black gate, theres just not enough images to go around

The black gate

This is by John Howe, have a close look at it and then look at the images from the film... its very simelar!

Mouth of Sauron

This one is by Michellucci...

And this one is by Daniel Govar...

And finally one by John Howe...

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email