Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: It all began at the White City Fair....(for those already established in our thread)
on: May 13, 2005 10:51
Well, since Faramir and his family seem to have disappeared as well, maybe the new Steward threatened to kill both Estel and Arwen if they didn't abdicate in favor of Eldarion, who he could control. After they vanish, he spreads the story about them dying and him, being Eldarion's 'uncle', would be the natural choice to help guide the young 'king' until he's old enough to rule. Of course, we all know the kingdom would go to pot, but...

I like the bit with how we find out. Sounds good IMHO. Luck'll sure play a part, along with spying. Can you imagine our lads and lasses calmly asking orcs what the heck's going on?

As to the waking up bit, I can have Ilmare wake up first if it's needed to boot this thread awake. I'd hoped to not have to post twice in a row, but I will if needed.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: It all began at the White City Fair....(for those already established in our thread)
on: May 16, 2005 08:42
Ok....so, just bare with me while I think aloud. Estel and Arwen got wind of a plot against the royal family. In order to let the bad guys think that the plan was successful, they played along while sneeking away. Perhaps Eldarion was supposed to be brought to them by a trusted advisor sometime later where ever they were hiding, but he was never delivered. The bad guy, aka the stewart...discovers the hole in his plot and had nabbed the boy. Keeping up appearences for the folks of the country is easy enough with things having gone as they did, and keeps chances of civil war or uprising low. Afterall, everyone believes the king to be dead, and the bad guy has worked very hard to make sure that everyone knows it. How could he raise an army to retake not only his throne but his son if no one believes he is who he is? Perhaps he has even spread rumors of the capture and conviction of would-be fakes who have come and tried to reclaim the throne...just to make sure that if anyone does run into Aragorn they won't believe him.....

THis has holes I know, and I'm thinking faster than I'm typing. Perhaps if 'coming into contact' with the yrch and such it is overheard that the search for Estel and Arwen continues...Pehaps they are even hiding out wherever Faramir and company are...

I agree, I think that once all these thoughts are ironed out and come together it will really tie in our previous plot well.

I think I'll try to get in a post next. Have Zie ride up to the sleeping camp or something. I'll go hop on that ASAP.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 03:39
Hopefully everyone will come baack. I'm back from my C-Section recovery and would hate to see our thread die off completely. (Fingers crossed).

Side note...I am proud to announce Elizabeth Rose born on July 30th at 6 pounds 3 ounces. Her grandpa is very proud to share his birthday with her...but then in our family, everyone shares birthdays with someone else in the family.

Thanks.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 04:23
Congratulations on the birth of Elizabeth Rose. What a lovely way to spend this hot summer, just laying around, catching up on your rest and talking to a newborn. What a delight she must be. Take care, both of you.

Berethedhellen
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email