Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post RE: Which character/actor seems the nicest in real life???
on: May 22, 2009 06:40
well this is a hard one. I mean, all of them I'm sure are very nice people, though it is hard to pick when you havent met any in real life yet.

I picked Viggo, of course, but no really, he does seem like a really nice guy.

But i have to say Elijah seems like a reallly nice person too. Or Sean Austin. Both of those guys are just great.
Frodo/Elijah Wood
14% (2)
Aragorn/Viggo Mortensen
20% (3)
Sam/Sean Astin
19% (3)
Gandalf/Ian McKellen
3% (6)
Legolas/Orlando Bloom
14% (2)
Faramir/David Wenham
9% (1)
Eowyn/Mirando Otto
3% (5)
Arwen/Liv Tyler
3% (6)
Merry/Dominic Monaghan
6% (1)
Pippin/Billy Boyd
10% (1)
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2009 05:43
I picked Elijah because I sort-of-not-really know someone who met him and said he was really nice. Plus everyone always says how sweet and friendly he is.
heri_sinyë
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2009 06:08
I think I'll pick elijah, he just seems so nice when he's on interviews and stuff like that
PeaceForMiddleEarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2009 03:41
I'd have to go with Elijah/Frodo. I've never ever met him and probably never will unless by some rare turn of events, but from the interviews and behind-scene-videos of LOTR, I'd say he seems like a funny, sweet, likeable kinda guy. Only an opinion though.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: December 21, 2009 04:17
"no Ego" Viggo - Mortensen that is :love:
SilmarilEyes
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2010 01:12
My choice isn't even on the list. I have to say Boromir (Sean Bean) He's from the same city as me and I've met him twice, both times he was really nice and approachable. He chatted to me for a few minutes both times so I have to say him.
~KingElessar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2010 08:15
I voted for David Wenham.
I don't know why,he just seems like a cool dude.
LadyBrooke
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2010 05:25
Well as a horse lover and owner (my family owns two former race horses and a miniature) I would have to say Viggo just for the one instance on one of the EE discs for it talks about him buying one of the horses for one of the crew or stunt doubles - can't remember which. So nice.
alassë25
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2010 03:26
I think that it would be best to meet them in person....
LoneWarrior3
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2010 06:28
I can't really say, honestly, consider I don't know any of them in real life, obviously. My reasoning isn't the best. But I f I *had* to choose I would have to go with Viggo Mortensen.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2011 01:20
I don't know, not knowing them personally. But I'd have to say Sala Baker seems the coolest. Every picture I've seen of him, he looks 'nice'. But that's just what I'm saying, I don't know him or anyone else personally. But since I do know people who are nice and sweet when the camera's on and nasty when it's off, I couldn't tell you.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2011 07:04
AS far as I know, definitely Viggo. The lady who doubled Arwen when she was riding a horse wanted to buy the horse who played Shadowfax for most of the movie, but she didn't have enough money. Viggo went to the auction and bought the horse for her, without charging her anything!!! How nice is that??
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2011 05:55
The nicest...? Hmmmmmm...... uhm..... er..... I wanna say Elijah, Bill, Dom, Sean, Sean, Liv, Lando, Viggo, Ian, Ian, PJ, Frodo, Pippin, Merry, Sam, Boromir, Arwen, Aragorn, Gandalf, Bilbo, PJ... and.... oh, yeah! Sauron. How could I have forgotten that prankster?

~Frodo (the Second)
millaindie
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2011 02:46
I think all seems nice in real life! But I think the so called "four Hobbit friends" are very nice in real life! I would so much liked to hang out with them a day or two!
tari_yevetil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2012 06:08
Well I think its Craig Parker he plays Haldir funny,no one seems to remember him when in the polls...
"Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.The obedient must be slaves."-Henry David Thoreau
coral
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Which character/actor seems the nicest in real life???
on: March 19, 2012 08:26
David Wenham looks nice, but I wish Hugo Weaving was on the list... Still it was hard to choose with so many nice-looking actors
Legebriwen
Council Member
Send Message
Craig Parker
~Lege~ "The Elf who missed the boat!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
gotta love his portrayal of Haldir

My choice would be Viggo Mortensen. His kindness and generosity is legend. Plus, he is a wonderful photographer and the guy sings!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Have not met any of the cast in real life. But after fairly intense study of the LotR EEs (I think I have spent more time watching them than the movies!), I would also go with Viggo.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I'd have to go with Craig Parker for LOTR and Lee Pace for DoS.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lady Miriel Gelliam
Council Member
Send Message
Lee Pace for DoS - definitely! He's awesome. I actually don't know who Craig Parker is. o.O I'll have to look him up - I love how he did Haldir! I voted Orlando Bloom though, as he has the most ADORABLE kid ever and said he wants to spend more time with him and be a big influence in his life. Can't help it, that's just too sweet.
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important." ~ The Eleventh Doctor
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Nicest? Hard to say. Bernard Hill seems to know which way his head is screwed on.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, we cannot overlook Theoden, now can we? Yes, Hill did an amazing job as our Rohirric king.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Huddy
Council Member
Send Message
Super hard question. I'd have to choose Viggo Mortensen, if only because I know more about him. He's kind and generous, and well, he lives in Idaho!! He is a fellow horse lover too. And he does a lot of stunts himself. And for all the macho men he plays, he is really a quiet, layed-back, talkative kind of guy. At least from what I've seen. But I could go on forever about him.

Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
Orlando Bloom. He punched Justin Beiber in the face... doesn't get much better than that. No offense to any JB fans.
Image Image Love is the strongest force the world possesses - Mahatma Gandhi
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
I think Sean Astin then probably Viggo Mortensen.
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
I'm going to have to go with Elijah. Although I have never met him (but I really want to!), from all of the talk shows and interviews, he seems really easy-going and nice. Also, his laugh is the cutest thing!
Lembas! One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!
ArwenLegolas
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
He is always friendly and helpful when I looked at behind the scenes commentary on the extra
DVDs from the extended version.
Tiro nin Elbereth
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email