Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
gelireth_undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: * To Steel Her Heart* (See OOC to join!)
on: November 28, 2004 04:35
Mellodin was one of the first to hear the strange voice, sweet and entrancing. He sat still for a minute or two, head cocked, just listening, but soon he got curious and broke out of his musings, standing up and following the flock heading towards the voice.

Mellodin tried to see over the shoulders of the eager crowd, looking beyond at whatever was singing. This proving utterly futile, he stopped and just stood again, straininig his ears to take in every note of the lulling song.

He looked back and noticed Naurind sitting in the chair, seeming not to care that something amazing was happening. Mellodin went over to him and said, "Are you alright? Why aren't you listening to the singing like everyone else?"
Eärendils_Beloved
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 01:47
Erëtindë sang on, lost in reverie. The music stopped, but she hardly noted it. Heedless of being overheared, the maiden poured her heart into her song.The elven words came from she knew not where. The tune was sad and sweet, filled with a longing for a Sea she had never seen and a home she had never known. Erëtindë never saw the crowd of youths and their awestruck glances as she passed by in the street below them. Not until she heard someone call her name, or such as she had borne with scorn.
"Aye! I can scarce believe it!" one youth cried. "Maeglam!* Who knew tat such a sharp tongue could make such sweet song?! You certainly fooled us! For a moment I thought that voice belonged to an elf! Or at least a lady!"
Hearing the jeer, Erëtindë spun angrily toward the voice, noticing her audiance for the first time. The girl's cheeks blazed with color, but angry as she was, she could make no retort and fled into the shadow of a nearby arch.

* "Maeglam" means "Sharp Tongued" its her nickname among the townsfolk

((I didn't want to be presumptuous so I didn't identify the speaker, but its one of the guys))
Frodogal
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 05:40
((Oh! At first I thought it was her sister or her sisters friend))

Ameon gasped when he saw who it was, the girl who had spoken up to Naurind. He wondered if Naurind had seen her. He searched through the crowds for him without any luck and then went back towards the party. He found him sitting on a bench. "Naurind, Naurind!" he said excitedly, "Guess who it was. It wasn't an elf at all it was the horse girl, the one who talked back to you. She was singing in elvish and then someone called her names and she stopped. Why didn't you come?!" Ameon was out of breath when he finally got to the bench and sat down. He was suddenly aware of how he was acting like a young child and his cheeks flushed.
Eärendils_Beloved
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 07:35
(( anybody there???))
gelireth_undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 08:20
Mellodin laughed at Ameon's childish rantings, but believed him none the less. After all, what would a singing elf be doing in Minas Tirith?

When Ameon got to the part about the horse girl, Mellodin started. That girl had gone through some serious mood swings apparently. She had gone from fierce reckless young lady (though hardly a lady at all) to a shy, sweetly singing maiden in a day! Mellodin didn't know what to say.

"Are you sure it was her?" he questioned Ameon dubiously.

((don't let this thread die!!!!!))
Frodogal
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 12:44
"How could I not be sure?! She is pretty unmistacable, I mean I saw her face and all, as clear as daylight." Ameon said.

((Don't let this die!))
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2005 12:57
Naurind stared ar Ameon, an ironic expression on his face.

"That wild thing singing in an elven voice? Come on, Ameon! I would rather believe that you have had too much of sweet wine."

But in his heart something strange arose. He had heard the voice... And it seemed now to him that it had echoed in his own soul, as if something within him had awoken...

Naurind shook his head trying to get rid of these strange thoughts.

"Let's go inside," he rose and walked to the celebration hall. Deep in his thoughts, he almost ran into one of the maids they had invited to te ball. In fact, he barely recognized her to be one of them.

"Oh, I am sorry, my lady..." he heard the music inside. The elven song still was ringing in his head. "Would you like to dance?" he hoped that her presence and the music, and the dance will scare the soft melody away.

((well, it is up to you to choose, which one of the maids he has encountered!))
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
ancalimeofnumenor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2005 06:17
((Finally, I couldn't figure a way to get back in.))

Mirendë decided that this ball was definately getting boring. Most of the cuter men had already gone home, and the ones that she had come with had misteriously vanished. She decided that she was going to find Arnissë and go back to her house where they could undoubtedly find something more entertaining to do.

Not concentrating on where she was going she nearly ran into someone. "Oh pardon me," she murmered at the same time as the man, and then looked up to see that it was Naurind the man she had been waiting for. She nearly melted and her cheeks flushed, when he asked her to dance.

"Why yes, sir," she said curtsying and then taking his hand, delighting in the shiver going down her spine.
DiamondxOfxLongxCleeve
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 09:14
((I'm here!!! Sorry I haven't posted in AGES, I've just been way too busy. Well, I'll certainly try to post a bit more often, but no promises...))

Gellam, Arnissë still at his arm, walked towards the sound of song along with the rest of the crowds. As he grew closer, the song began to fill him. He glanced at Arnissë, looking for her reaction to the song. Her eyes were closed softly and her head was tilted slightly, listening attentively. For a full minute, his eyes stayed fixed on her. That strange feeling began to rise within him again; a deep, consuming, seriousness and desire that was so unlike his usual, jovial self.

It was then that Gellam realized he was standing still, the rest of the crowds pushing past him. Hoping Arnissë hadn't noticed, he strode ahead a bit further, just until he could catch a glimpse of the mystical singer.

Instantly, he recognized her as the maiden that had been in the horse pen this morning. Again, he turned to Arnissë, hoping she had not yet noticed, waiting for her to react (he seemed to remember her as having a less than favorable opinion of the stable girl). But Arnissë had already opened her eyes and seen exactly what Gellam had. Their eyes met for a moment, conveying shock at the sight before them, followed by an almost electic sense. Gellam quickly turned away...For the first time in almost his entire life, he was completely unsure of what he should do.
"Er...Shall we return then...This, this, spectacle isn't, quite...er...Yes, let's go back," he stumbled
Arnissë obliged and they walked again towards the hall. Gellam then saw Mellodin and Ameon bouncing cheerfully, yet awkwardly toward him. Gellam felt a breif desire to escape...He didn't want to see Ameon or Mellodin just now...He wanted to be alone. Yet this was so unlike him. He shook his head slightly. No, these are my friends, he thought, I will not avoid them. Besides, whatever's gotten into be had better get out! Just as Mellodin reached him, Gellam noticed Naurind by the door...with the blonde-haired girl. Gellam smiled to himself, happy for his companion. He then turned to Mellodin, thoroughly ready to enjoy the rest of the night and the simpler, carnal pleasure of these dances.
ayla_evenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 04:45
Arnissë silently listened to the sweet song, she then slowly opened her eyes at the site of the stable girl as the one who was singing. She then stood and watched Gellem, he oviously hadn't had a clue what he was doing or why, she then nodded as Gellem asked to return to the hall, and seeing mirendë with one of gellems friends she waved silently at her friend, glad for her. Arnissë then followed Gellem not really noticing where she was being led to or why in all of the confusion.
gelireth_undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 10:50
Mellodin felt a twinge of lonliness. Naurind was dancing with one of the girls and Gellam was walking with the other. Every other girl was dancing with someone, too, though he admitted to himself that he would probably be too shy to ask a stranger (however pretty she was) to dance.

After a while, he got up to get a drink and noticed Ameon, also alone, sitting on a bench. Having nothing else to do, he walked over and sat down next to him.

"So, what do you make of that horse girl?"
Frodogal
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 08:22
"I find it weird how she keeps coming up, first at the stables, and did you know she was the one who was singing? Hey look, there's Gellam, have you noticed how weird he's been acting, it's almost like he's unhappy. It's weird, lets go see if we can cheer him up. And I want to try to get to dance with that girl, i mean, he brought those girls so we could have too, not just him and Naurind. Though, I'm not sure wether he is even having fun with her."
Ameon motioned Gellam to follow him and began weaving through the crowds.
Once outside they ran up to Gellam. Ameon was suddenly nervouse because of Arnisse and looked hopefully at Melloding to speak first, instead of him.
gelireth_undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 12:20
Mellodin nodded in agreement and followed Ameon through the throng of people. They ran into Gellam and the girl, Arnisse, he thought her name was. Noticing Ameon's hesitation to speak, Mellodin began saying, "Hey! We wondered where you two were. Want to come inside with us?"

He gestured to the lighted, friendly looking dance hall, subliminally messaging to Gellam "we need to talk" and hoping Arnisse hadn't noticed. This would give Ameon a chance to dance with the girl, and he could ask Gellam what was wrong. Personally, Mellodin had no feelings for the girl whatsoever and didn't care who danced with her.

He waited for their response.
ayla_evenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 03:05
Arnissë looked at all of the boys and quietly asked if she could be excused so she could freshen up.
gelireth_undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 12:49
Mellodin, noticing the girl's shyness and comparing it with his own, laughed and replied, "Go ahead, you don't need to ask. See you inside."

He seemed to be the only person present who had not suddenly fallen in love :love: with the poor girl, and tryed his best to keep her from having a nervous breakdown by being at least moderately friendly. :heart:

Mellodin and the others went back inside, and he caught up with Gellam's long strides to stand next to him. Once Arnisse was out of sight, he began queitly, "Is something wrong? You've been acting really weird lately."
ayla_evenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 03:12
While Arnissë made her way to the rest room, she quickly looked into the main dance hall to see if she could find her friend. To her dismay she was nowhere in sight, she then quickly went to the wash room hoping that by the time she got out, she would beable to find her friend once she got back inside the building.
DiamondxOfxLongxCleeve
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 04:38
((Er, I'm here for my quarterly post. *meep*))

"Is something wrong? You've been acting really weird lately."
Gellam had hoped his friends hadn't noticed and was taken aback by their direct questioning. He stumbled slightly over his words, trying to think of an excuse. "Oh, uhm, really? H-have I? Well, it's nothing, really. My house-- I mean, my horse, is, well, nothing, nothing." Gellam was rarely troubled for words. He was never shy, or embarassed. Gellam was the suave, brave one of the group. It was so unlike him to falter, and his companions noticed this.

Ameon narrowed his eyes and pondered, while Mellodin voiced both of their concerns. "My friend, you really are not yourself tonight. Has that stable girls song bewitched you," he jested.

Gellam laughed too loudly, "Oh, that must be it. Surely she is a witch and has cursed me."

"Really, Gellam, what is it?" Ameon spoke this time. "Something more than the mead has gotten to you."

"Well, you know the mead is exceptionally strong tonight," Gellam attempted to make a joke, but sensed his friends seriousness. "Ok, ok, you're right. Perhaps I have been acting strange. But, it's just that, just...I don't really know how to name it, but...this girl..."
gelireth_undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 05:48
Mellodin glanced at Ameon and smiled.

"Well, well, well. Has our dear Gellam finally fallen in love? And you were even trying to deny it. Come now, telll us. Is she as kind and smart as she is pretty? Really Gellam, you're hardly ever at a loss for words like this. You might have just told us straight out, and saved yourself from even more humiliation."

Melllodin paused in his speech and waited for Gellam's answer.

((It's not dead yet! Keep posting!))
Echileru_elfmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 03:04
Nisse sat and played her harp, singing softly to herself. Bainon, her black cat, slowly entered and rubbed up against her, purring noisily. She smiled sweetly.

As she sat there, her grandmother entered. Nisse had only been in Minas Tirith for a few days, but her grandmother Aranel decided that she needed to go have some fun and meet some young people. She convinced Nisse to go and sent her to get ready. Nisse picked out an emerald green dress with gold lining and girtle and quickly changed into it. She braided her hair elaborately and put on her emerald and diamond pendant, given to her by her grandmother when she arrived, and a gold cape. "Goodbye Grandmother," she said, dashing out of the door.

Still unfamiliar with the city, she wandered the streets, looking for the celebration. Suddenly, she heard a clear voice, singing an elvish song. Enchanted, she followed the voice until she saw a girl about her age singing. A crowd was gathered, and suddenly someone cried out, "Aye! I can scarce believe it! Maeglam! Who knew that such a sharp tongue could make such sweet song?! You certainly fooled us! For a moment I thought that voice belonged to an elf! Or at least a lady!"
Hearing the jeer, Erëtindë spun angrily toward the voice, noticing her audiance for the first time. The girl's cheeks blazed with color, but angry as she was, she could make no retort and fled into the shadow of a nearby arch.

Unsure as to what was happening, she saw two guys standing together. Gathering her courage, she walked up to them and asked, "Umm, excuse me, is this where the dance is?"

(OOC: in case ya'll haven't figured it out, she's talking the Mellodin and Ameon.)
gelireth_undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 02:18
Umm, excuse me, is this where the dance is?
Mellodin smiled and replied, "Yes, the dance is here, in the dance hall over there. At least, that's where the actual dancing is. The festivities have already begun, but I'm sure there are plenty of young men just waiting to dance with a pretty maiden like you. And if not, you can always join us out here. Pleasant night, eh?"

Mellodin smiled amiambly, and finally remembered to introduce himself. He was so shy around people usually that he forgot such customary thngs as introductions.

"By the way miss," he said, "I am Mellodin, and this here is Ameon, and Gellam."

[Edited on 12/6/2005 by gelireth_undomiel]
DiamondxOfxLongxCleeve
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 07:26
"Well, well, well. Has our dear Gellam finally fallen in love? And you were even trying to deny it. Come now, telll us. Is she as kind and smart as she is pretty? Really Gellam, you're hardly ever at a loss for words like this. You might have just told us straight out, and saved yourself from even more humiliation."

"Well, I wouldn't-" Gellam began, and abruptly cut himself off as he saw another young lady approaching. She spoke to Mellodin, who introduced the three of them. Gellam nodded towards the girl and sent an appraising eye across her. Not bad, he thought. Yet, he couldn't help but compare her to the girl he'd been walking with earlier.

What am I doing??? He thought to himself. I've got to try and explain myself to Mellodin...If only I weren't so confused myself. Clearing his throat slighty, Gellam gently nudged Mellodin's elbow as if to signal "I wasn't done yet..."

((Oh dear, this is going to be confusing with two Nisses. And by the way, I really have no idea where I'm going with all of this... :rolleyes: ))

EDIT: WHEEEEE! {does fourth page dance} :disco:

[Edited on 16/6/2005 by DiamondxOfxLongxCleeve]
gelireth_undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2005 09:50
Mellodin spun to face Gellam, who had an annoyed, I wasn't done yet look on his face. Turning back to the girl, who was watching interestedly, he smiled again and said, "Excuse me for a moment. "

Beckoning for Gellam and Ameon to follow, Mellpdin strode over to a deserted corner of the courtyard. Turning to face Gellam, he whispered, "So... you still haven't answered. What's this girl like? Nice? Pretty?"
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2005 12:42
[OOC: oki, let's give this a try...]

[quote[Not concentrating on where she was going she nearly ran into someone. "Oh pardon me," she murmered at the same time as the man, and then looked up to see that it was Naurind the man she had been waiting for. She nearly melted and her cheeks flushed, when he asked her to dance.

"Why yes, sir," she said curtsying and then taking his hand, delighting in the shiver going down her spine.

With a smile, Naurind gallantly ler Mirende to the dance floor and they instantly blended with the rest of the dancing couples. Having danced for a short while, Naurind kept looking away and returning his sight to the girl that was staring at him with wide, wet eyes... She had beautiful eyes... Naurind smiled at her, and saw her smiling back at him. Mirende was indeed a beautiful girl, pleasant to look upon... And she had a nice smile.

And Naurind let himself drown in those eyes.

"Can I offer you a drink?" he asked after the third dance. The girl was breathing heavily, and her chest was rising and falling, attaching his eyes. The girl's cheeks were slightly pink from the dance.

Naurind wanted to forget the clear song, and to throw away the memory of the girl that had tamed the horse. And the best way to do that was to lose himself in the eyes of a girl.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Echileru_elfmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2006 11:50
Hey everyone! Sorry I havn't posted, I got kicked off for a while :blush:, and school is crazy anyway! If you guys still want to finish this, I'm back in business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nisse, feeling lonely and friendless, wandered into the hall, hoping to find someone to dance with, or at least talk to. "I miss you Nimloth," she wispered. "Maybe it was a mistake to come here." A tear slid down her cheek, then was hastily wiped away.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email