the new one
:drool:
which ones do you people like?
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Post RE: Star Trek
on: October 24, 2002 04:56
Heh... I was addicted to Star Trek from its inception back in the '60's. When the new one came out, I absolutely fell in love with Romulans... *sigh* More pointy ears... I was a Vulcan fan in the original series (gotta love Mr. Spock). Can hardly wait for the next movie "Nemesis" to come out. Amazing that even after The Great Bird of The Galaxy, Gene Roddenberry, passed on, his series still lives on... continuing to expand. Guess I've been a Pervy Pointy Eared Person Fancier more years than most of those here have been alive (save a few... LOL).
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2002 06:39
lol
oy i LOVE pointy ears
spock rox!
and yup nemises looks awsome!
i'm sad that thats the last movie for next generation:cry::cry:
Legendel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2002 06:55
I remember the days of startrek.... i was a trekkie from age 6....
eldir
Mirkwood Enigma
Send Message
on: October 24, 2002 08:51
Me too-i've always preferred the original series to the others. I didn't know there was a new movie coming out-what is this one?
I was always a big will shatner fan-so I kinda lost interest when he wasn't in the movies anymore.
I agree Solaris-SPOCK ROX!
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2002 09:08
I had a crush on Spock for some reason when I was about four. One of my earliest memories is that I used to stay up and watch Star Trek. Once I fell asleep and missed it, and was really upset when I woke up. I like the episode with that other, evil Kirk.I also like Scottie. I never watched the newer ones, but Data seemed cool and it was funny when I saw him on Night Court. ("Will I ever go to disneyland now, daddy? No, pumpkin, not in a million years."...if anyone knows what I'm talking about.) :blush: Night Court, Whoa, too much information. An age dater there if ever there was.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: October 25, 2002 09:51
Ah yes...

As to "Nemesis," all I know is what I've seen on trailers. Involves the Romulans and it looks like a possible clone or genetic replica of Picard. Yikes!
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2002 07:22
nemisis looks a bit freaky though
BoromirsBabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2002 07:34
weelll...i don't get to watch Star Treck very much. But I LOVE it! WooHOO! Do I count as a trekkie?
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2002 08:23
i would say
i think if u like it you are a trekkie wheter or no you ahve seen and episode or movie
BoromirsBabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2002 08:48
goodies goodies!
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2002 03:28
Has anyone seen that documentary called"trekkies," it's cool
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: October 26, 2002 09:34
I pretty much just like The Next Generation...it started up when I was in high school and got me through college..and some of the NG movies are good...I'm looking forward to Nemesis which comes out right before TTT. I'm never really been able to get into the other ones.
Willowberry_Firnsarnwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2002 09:57
I loove The Next Generation,'Picard' was my second word

Captain Picard is a cutie,lol,I love the Voyager ones too! Hated when they ended them..*Grumbles*

I wonder who the the most popular Trek Captain was..

~Willowberry~
The_Lady_of_the_Wood
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 10:47
I only like Star Trek and The Next Generation. Those are the only two Trek-related series that I've actually looked forward into tuning into.

I have TNG season box sets 1-5.
Brienne_of_Tarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 05:33
I got hooked on The Next Generation when I was in highschool, and I never missed a show. My room-mate used to say: "Engage, Mr Crusher!" every night before bed time. LOL
I had a crush on a bearder Commander Riker and I thought Worf was sexy too... LOL. I also thought Captain Kirk of the original series was hot.
I hated Deep Space 9, but I think Voyager is COOL. Tuvok is great and Seven of Nine is so cool! :drool:

Of course the best character of the entire series is the ever elusive Q! I love the guy to death.
Saruman_the_White
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 05:36
Q has one of the funniest lines in all of Trek.

"Hey Worf, eat any good books lately?"
Cenire
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2002 10:44
Star trek is wonderful! I have to agree with the spock being cute thing...and he was so funny at times.... Anway I think that the best was the original series and TNG I really couldnt get into deep space nine. The new series is coming along great.... My question for you guys is if you could pick one thing (technology wise) from the trek world what would it be? I think I would go for the replicator..... I could have chocolate anytime I wanted! :drool:
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: November 17, 2002 11:49
I am a fan of the Original, for sure. The vivid imagination of Gene Roddenberry! The chemistry between Spock, Bones, and Kirk! The cheesy sets! I mean, Tribbles!

Of the spinoffs, the only one to really capture my attention and hold it was Voyager. I loved the tension between the ship's official crew and the band of rebels they had to take on--there are profound statements about social interaction through those stories, which didn't come off as preachy moralizing. Loved the holographic doctor, and Cpt. Janeway also. She evoked authority without ever losing her femininity. And what can I say about Six of Nine, other than she absolutely owned every scene she was in?

As for TNG, I liked Picard and Data a lot. Riker sometimes annoyed me a bit. The one who truly got on my last nerve was that bimbo Troi. She's supposed to be an empath and actually add something to the crew and plotline besides cleavage and a bad accent? Then how come an average scene with her goes something like this:

All is chaos. Screen left we see two murderous Klingons, weapons drawn to kill. Screen right are Picard, Riker, and a couple of throwaway cast walk-ons. Enter the Empath.

Troi, passionately: I sense hostility here.

No duh, Counselor. What an asset to space exploration.

The other thing I didn't like about TNG was the clumsiness with which they slipped little sermons in. This week it's race! Next week it's gay rights! The OST did that too, but they were much better at it, more creative and less heavy-handed. TNG also recycled some of OST's plot lines but hashed them up. I can't believe Roddenberry let them get away with that.

There was another spinoff but its name escapes me because it was so boring I couldn't bear to watch. **CoughDeepSpaceNine**

Right, that was it. What a waste of video and audio that was.

As for Trekkies--yeah, that was a lot of fun, huh? I can't help but wonder if people see the LotR-obsessed in the same light. What do they call us--Ringers? Ringies? Ring-a-ding-Dingies?
Zoe
Lemba Chef
Send Message
on: November 18, 2002 11:26
Am I the only person who liked Deep Space Nine? Of course, the Starfleet characters quite boring, but I found the Cardassians and Bajorans quite interesting. Even if the Bajorans kind of wishy-washy New Agey in some aspects (I think they should've played up the guerrilla fighter aspects of their society), they did have good costuming and those cute little one-side earrings. The Cardassians were a good race stylistically, what with the reptilian skin and ridges. Best characters were Garak the insane Cardie taylor/spy and Quark the criminal ultimate capitalist. Sisko was a pretty good captain as well. Biggest drawback of the series was I could barely stand to watch their doctor...he was so annoying for some reason.

I have a hard time watching ST:TNG now because of the costumes. Ack! The horror of men wearing pastel shaded spandex unitards! And is it just me or is the lighting in "Enterprise" really bad? Are they trying to do an X-Files dark ambience thing? If they are, it gives me eye-strain.
Lollypop
Air Hostess of Gwaihir
Send Message
on: November 21, 2002 10:29
I've been a Trekkie since I was 10 or so!

First the original series, then the TNG, then DS9 and finally Voyager...

I really liked Data, and loved the episode where he created Lall. In DS9 I really liked Major Kira. But Voyager was my absolute favourite! I really liked Harry Kim (though nobody alse does, why's that?) and Seven, she's just great! And that has nothing to do with her *cough* chest...

I've read something about the new series, don't remember what it was called, which tells about Star Fleet before the original series. Don't know more of it, unfortunately.

I never liked Roddenberry's Andromeda, though. Maybe it had something to do with that guy who used to play Hercules... Andromeda herself was pretty cool.

Check out the Toon Zone:
http://www.sev.com.au/toonzone
they have some hilarious comics about Star Trek, SW, LOTR, Buffy and the X-Files!

I'm currently watching Farscape, while typing. That's one of my absolute favourites. Moya is the coolest starship ever. Isn't it Australian (not Moya, Farscape)?
Cenire
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2002 09:46
oh my gosh another farscape fan!!!! I love farscape, Lollypop how long have you watched it? Ive been watching it for the past year and totally in love do you know about how the scifi channel is canceling it and stuff?:cry: Im so very upset but as soon as I get my dvd player im going to buy the season 1 and 2 box set The show is edgy and fresh and so hard to stop watching!
Lollypop
Air Hostess of Gwaihir
Send Message
on: November 22, 2002 02:28
I think I've watched Farscepe for a couple of years now...

They just started to show season 1 again in this small commercial channel called SubTV in Finland.

I agree with you, it's so fresh! And there's no stupid ethics and morality stuff the way they have in Star Trek... maybe everything in life is a lesson, but I don't mind going against the Prime Directive occasionally...
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2003 12:59
Gotta love the Vulcans! I'm a fan of the orig series and enterprise is ok.
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2003 01:02
*Snap* Everyone disappers "Yeah,I have the power of Q!!!!!!!"
gil_galad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2003 08:31
My favorite Star Trek series are The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. For me Captain Picard is the mos fascinating character in The next Generation and in Deep Space Nine itÄs Odo. Star Trek The Original Series also has some very good parts. I haven't seen Nemesis yet so I don't know how that film is. I might watch it on DVD when it's released.

gil_galad
Keterai
Palantír/Collectibles Mod, & Ninja Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: June 12, 2003 05:18
I was born and raised on Trek!

LOL. I was 2 (I think) when TNG came out, and I'm told that before that I watched TOS.

I can tell you the name and season of each ep from seeing about 10 seconds of it. I can also give you a brief synopsis of it. TNG of course.

I got into DS9 in the last season, and watched the previous 6 while watching the 7th, because one of the local TV stations aired all the previous season at 10PM everynight.

I started watching Voyager in the 5th season, I've never really liked most of the seasons before that. I saw a few here and there when it aired originally. Since UPN started to air it all the time, I had seen all of it by the time it ended.

Which brings us to Enterprise. *ICK* *GAG*.

I think it's horrible to place what could have been a really good show in the past. We already know, that no matter what it will all turn out okay. The Vulcans will always be allies, the Federation will still exist.

No matter what they do, it wont affect a thing.

I would have prefered one set in the future.

Now I have seen a few eps here and there, but like Andromeda, I keep forgetting it's on because it's not very interesting anymore. I'll admit it has gotten much much better then when it first started.

But I think TNG is good. TOS is good also. And I've seen all the Trek movies, with The Voyage Home being my favorite of the original crew, and First Contact being the favorite of the TNG crew.
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: July 03, 2003 11:58
I remember the days of startrek.... i was a trekkie from age 6....

LOL! I've been a Trekkie since age three, I think. Maybe before that. My grandmother raised me on the original. Then mom got me going on DS-9, which is by far my favorite. Mom and I made a weekly ritual of watching both DS-9 and Voyager. Good bonding experiences, lol.

By the way, does anyone know where I can find the dvd sets of DS-9? I've been trying to find them, but haven't had any luck this far.
Kezia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2003 12:06
So, here are Trekkies around! I guessed that all the time... now I finally found the truth

My mama raised me to the Original Series and I grew up with Next Generation.

But my favorite had always been Deep Space Nine! :heart:
I just love the characters (especially Ben Sisko), they are so much more interesting then Voyager's ...
And I like the Defiant (such a nice little ship...)
And the Dominion is definitly more evil then the Borg :evil: ...

The new series Enterprise is interesting so far (here in Germany the first season has only just started...), but most of the stories aren't unknown in the StarTrek-Universe... Still waiting for something new to come...
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: August 25, 2003 04:33
Ah.... more 'Trekkies'!

When the 'original' series came on, I was too young, and my folks wouln't let me watch it. :angry:

But then, I fell in love with it in the 'reruns'. :heart:

I couldn't wait until 'Next Generation' started! At first I liked 'Voyager' and 'Deep Space Nine', but then they started getting to wierd for me.

Now, my favorite is 'Enterprise'... It just seems 'close enough' to be attainable!

And... my crushes were on 'Chekov' and 'Worf'! :love:
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Este
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2003 11:05
I also grew up watching Star Trek,my dad is a devoted Trekkie( he can`t say one thing without making associations to Star Trek,and he looks exactly like Picard,only with black hair).
My favourite used to be Voyager,but recently Next Generation is #1 for me,mostly because of Q(he rocks!)
Nilikar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2003 12:21
Yay more Trekkies! I just started watching TNG months ago and I love it! My Favorite characters are Data and Lore.
Remmirath
Sleepless Astronomer
Send Message
on: August 27, 2003 06:50
I also grew up watching Star Trek,my dad is a devoted Trekkie

That's how it started for me too Este! I never watched the OS but I remember watching TNG all the time when I was little. I loved when new eps were shown (especially when Q popped in for a visit). Q was so cool, I wanted to be just like him (yeah I was a bit odd then, and still am)

I liked DS9 in the beginning, but when that story was all about the Dominion this and Dominion that, I stopped watching. I did watch Voyager though, but haven't got into Enterprise, yet.

TNG ROCKS
Este
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2003 11:02
Q was so cool, I wanted to be just like him

I would also have nothing against getting all his powers
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: August 28, 2003 03:14
And John De Lancie did such a great job in that role as "Q", too! "Q" is a character you can both love/hate at the same time! Sarcastic, ironic, and yet, in some ways very innocent for all the 'powers' he has.

Also, from what I read once (who knows when or where :dizzy, that JDL is (or was) not a Sci-Fi fan! Shows you how good some actors are.

"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email