Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Final Battle- O.O.C discussion
on: January 06, 2005 02:44
I've been recieving questions about the guardians in my RPG. Guardians are just elves and men who have been chosen by the Valar to guard the ancient elfin realms of Middle Earth or to guard dangerous secrets until the final battle. It is basically their duty to keep the world safe from evil and to preserve some part of the old Middle Earth.

The Necklace of Uire, or Necklace of Eternity, is a necklace that was made by Feanor in his wrath against the Valar. It can trap Valar within it. Once the Valar are caught within it, they and Valinor can be destroyed if it is broken. A Dunadan woman named Ihilad was chosen by the Valar to guard the necklace and given immortality.

The rest of the guardians are guarding elfin realms. The realms are meant to become refuges when the final battle comes about.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Final Battle- O.O.C discussion
on: January 31, 2005 08:51
Guardians

Guardians of Rivendell: Elladan and Elrohir

Duty: To keep Rivendell safe and to protect it from mortal sight

History: In the Lord of the Rings, it says that Elladan and Elrohir chose to remain in M.E for a reason different from Arwen. My idea that they were given the proposition by the Valar to stay behind and remain Guardians. I’m going to write fanfics with their specific stories later.

Guardians of Lorien: Haldir and Celeborn

Duty: to protect Lorien and the remaining elves living there

History: After Galadriel went away to the West, Celeborn chose to stay and become a guardian, unable to part with his beloved woods and feeling it was his duty to see M.E through to the Final Battle.

Haldir was very dedicated to the woods and for that reason chose to stay.

Rivendell and Lorien harbor both mortal and immortal refugees. Dwarves are welcome to stay in Rivendell and Lorien is beginning to open up to the idea.

Guardians of Mirkwood: Thranduil and Arion

Duty: to keep the darkness in Mirkwood within the forest and to protect the kingdom in the north.

History: Arion is Thranduil’s son.

*more on it's way*

** see thread 'The Final Battle' in 'Tolkien Related'. It is a slightly scripted RPG in that it has a plot but ANY ARE WELCOME TO JOIN.

[Edited on 1/31/05 by LarienLindorenan]
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 08:59
For RPer's

I will not be able to post for more than a week after today so I wanted tyo say please continue the thread and see you when I get Back
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 04:08
Well after the current skirmish we are in I think we need to leave this tavern. It seems rather prone to odd people walking in lol

Also I just wanted to say this just so I don't seem totally wierd. Ramo has an extremly deep personality complex-this will be explained more as time goes on BUT she thinks next to nothing of herself. Thats just part of who she is.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 11:30
Just to let you know, Ravi is shy but, he kind of likes Ramo...Despite the fact she hates herself
I think we should go to Elvie... I mean Lothlorien

[Edited on 2/3/2005 by Stridlas]
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 11:54
What do you think Lizzy? I like Stridlas' idea.

My character Ihilad is in love with Elladan. When she was 8, her home village in the north (she's a Dunadan) was attack and her family was killed. She banged her head and lost her memory. She ended up traveling through M.E, stealing and relying on the earth to take care of her. Because of that she learned to read things from tree, like she knows when danger is coming. She can read their emotions. When she was an adult, she tried to steal one of Arwen's brooches and was caught and Elrond gave her a home and she fell in love with Elladan. She was offered the chance to be immortal if she agreed to be a guardian and she couldn't marry or have children with Elladan until the Final Battle was over.

Ihilad's an optimistic person and she likes people, plus she's wise but she has a tendency to take control of things.

Arvellas is friendly at times but she can be drepressed.

Path is a flirt but he's in love with Arvellas.

Strid, I kinda guests your character liked Ramo.
ancalimeofnumenor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 01:28
Alrighty, I'm back. I had a bit of comp trouble. I'll try to jump in here. I'm playing Fuiniel, Elladan and Elrohir.

Ignore Fuiniel's mistrust for elves, it will pass in time. She just has had some experiences...

Elladan is the quieter more introspective of the two (at least that is how I've always played him, Larien if you have other ideas go ahead and tell me); Elrohir is a bit more firey, less likely to settle down with anyone.

So I'll try to come up with an IC reason why she hasn't responded to anything... if it's streatching it a bit, sorry, but I'll do the best I can.
ancalimeofnumenor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 06:17
Alright I know this is a double post but I feel the need to explain some things about my character.

Fuiniel is one of the last pure Dunedain alive, and therefore she feels extreme loyalty to her ancestors by protecting the innocent and unaware in the authentic ranger style. She is the captain of her band of rangers, quite a position for a female, and has the absolute loyalty of her entire troupe.

Um, let's see, she doesn't like elves because she feels that they haven't been helping them protect the world from Morgoth's fist. She feels like they are potential warriors but they are more preoccupied by remembering history than making new history.

Hmm… I think that's all…

Oh and Larien? You said you were planning on putting this on fanfiction.net, have you done that yet? If you have, could you put the first part of my post (beginning uptil the ---) between post 14 & 15 (those are both your posts; 14 "Arvellas blushed, "Alright, Ravi then."" -- 15 "Path looked suspiciously between the lady Ihilad and Ravi."). Then the second part can go at the end. Then at least it won't look like I've just absolutely dropped out for no reason and then jump in with a reason (which is what has happened but the fanfic readers don't need to know that right?)
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 03:35
Great post, Ancalime! You filled the gap in easily!

Elladan is the quieter of the two but he is just as skilled at weapons as Elrohir, though he is more into books. You also don't want to invoke his anger.

Remember that Ihilad and he are in love!:love:

Remember also that Ihilad and Lithornlant, a Thranduil's son's wife, are also Dunedain, though they're immortal.

I am going to put the thread in fanfiction.net but not until we're finished. I don't want to start posting chapters and then not have the story end if the thread stops, which I hope it won't. When the time comes, I'll remember where to put you're first post.
ancalimeofnumenor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 08:09
Elladan is the quieter of the two but he is just as skilled at weapons as Elrohir, though he is more into books. You also don't want to invoke his anger.Remember that Ihilad and he are in love!

Got that. That's what I was thinking anyway...

Remember also that Ihilad and Lithornlant, Thranduil's son's wife, are also Dunedain, though they're immortal.
Hmm.. that I didn't know, but it doesn't really matter. They can just be included in Fuiniel's count. Also that might be how Ihilad knows Fuiniel...

Glad I could rejoin.

P.S.
Path eyed the girl warily...
BTW Fuiniel (in the db it says she's 21) in this rp is 63. Just thought I'd clear that up... Because she's of Dunedain, she wouldn't look quite that old but she wouldn't look young enough to be classified as a 'girl' (though some people do think older women are still girls at heart...:love: )

[Edited on 27/4/2005 by ancalimeofnumenor]
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 04:46
Whoops, my mistake. Oh well, I'll edit it out.

I'm beginning to think that this will be an OOC thread that only you and I use. But keep using it! Please! It's helpful!

I realized that you don't really know the history between Ihilad and Elladan. I am going to scurry over the next week or two and try and get part of their story up on fanfiction.net. It will be short, I can assure you, and a very rough draft, but if you read it you should get the information you need to play Elladan affectively. OK?
ancalimeofnumenor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 07:48
Alrighty, though I don't know if I'll be playing them any time soon. Just out of curiousity how did Ihilad know that Fuiniel thought there was only seven Dunedain left?
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 04:54
Ihilad didn't know that she thought it. I figured what you meant by only seven being left was seven Dunedain of Fuiniel's generation. Ihilad, of course, would have known that. She thought that since Fuiniel was a captain of the Dunedain that she would be concerned with their diminishing race. Ihilad put it in to sort of show Fuiniel that she was not as alone as she thought. That she had support.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2005 10:39
i think we should post a link to the fourom in here so that it will be easy to travel between the two. I am slightly confused. good bye.
Morsul
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2006 12:54
Hey Im a friend of Larien's and she told me to post this, so here goes.

Calaelen is a young elf, by elven standards. His parents endured a lot on their time on Middleearth but the War of the Ring took all hope from them.
They bid this land goodbye and sailed to valinor.

He is a weaponmaster, swordsmand and great with a bow.

He is quiet calm and reserved. And you have to earn his trust, so first impressions arent that great.

SO what do you think?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email