Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
CeruleanMosaic
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Which Character
on: January 01, 2013 11:29
Elrond's robes are beautiful! I love all that he wears!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 01:04
I would love to have the gowns of Galadriel that she wears in The Hobbit. All those beautiful crystals on them.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 10:34
Eh...I don't want any character's costume. But what I do want is more examples of elven clothing (Dresses, hunter's outfits, normal clothes etc.) so that way I can create something that may not be an exact match to anyone in the movie, but it would look like it *could* be something that they would wear.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2013 11:38
The only Costume I want from LOTR is The real Elven Hood I looks warm and very comfortable

for accessory I love Arwen's wedding crown.
I-Am-Figwit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2013 02:48
Probably the armour of the Lothlorien elves at helms deep, thought that is not in the book. I also like the whitch king of angmar's pellennor fields armour and saurons last alliance costume too.
Ellessar_Envinyatar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2013 04:01
Which outfit would I want? ...All of them? Minus the bad guys fo course. I love Awen's dresses, except for that one purple one she doesn't wear in the movie. And I also like the white tower gaurd uniforms.
Every star, ever Planet-where do you want to start?
Grizzwald
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2013 06:24
I liked the costumes of the men on the people that wore them. But for rl fun I would really love to have a Gandalf the Grey costume, he he.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2013 10:18
Ringwraith, most creepy costume ever. and the cooest
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2013 11:15
Ugh this is SUCH A HARD QUESTION!!!

I'm going to have to say... Theoden's armor. I just love the horseman culture it portrays with all the symbols and motifs (oh and it would have to include his saddling equipment)
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 12:43
I love Aragorn's ranger costume.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 02:32
Same here Erucenindë.
Grizzwald
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2013 12:37
You're all wrong Gandalf has the best costume.

and If I say GANDALF, has the best costume **grows large and menacing** then THE BEST COSTUME HE HAS!
kimmishrooms
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2013 01:46
Gollum

Totally kidding! I dress up as a hobbit whenever I go to medieval fairs and when I went to see the movies. So I guess a hobbit.
MariaElessar
Council Member
Send Message
LEGOLAS ALL DAY EVERY DAY
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I like Tauriel's outfit. I would wear it to school.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
Let's see here...

A Fellowship cloak with the leaf pin, of course.
Arwen's riding dress, dream dress, and the black cloak for when they're reforging Narsil.
Eowyn's white dress
Galadriel's dress
Arwen's tiara/crown
Tauriel's green traveling hoodie thing
Probably some of the weapons too :love:
Image Image Love is the strongest force the world possesses - Mahatma Gandhi
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Which Character's Costume Do You Want?
on: March 03, 2015 07:10
Morna_Child_of_Eru said:Galadriel's gown or Eowyn's White Lady dress. I have long blonde hair and look like an Elf, so I might be able to pull it off!

I'm sure you can, and do!

I like Aragorn's rough "Strider" look at the Prancing Pony and walking through the wild to get to Rivendell. Though I have general disdain to the PJ FanFics, I would like to give credit where credit is due. That scene in the Prancing Pony when Barliman is telling the Hobbits about 'that ranger', the brief moment where Aragorn takes a drag on the pipe and the pipeweed embers make his hooded face glow for a second... that was spot on with my vision from the books.

I like Boromir's outfit when he arrives at Rivendell.

Faramir's outfit is pretty good too. I adopted Anborn (?) who was the older Ithilien Ranger, as the avatar of one of my RP characters!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas! Of course Arwen's headdress is pretty cool though!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
I don't wear dresses, but I would choose Galadriel's dress!

Arveleg said:
I like Aragorn's rough "Strider" look at the Prancing Pony and walking through the wild to get to Rivendell. Though I have general disdain to the PJ FanFics, I would like to give credit where credit is due. That scene in the Prancing Pony when Barliman is telling the Hobbits about 'that ranger', the brief moment where Aragorn takes a drag on the pipe and the pipeweed embers make his hooded face glow for a second... that was spot on with my vision from the books.

I have thought that was one of the best character introductions in movie history! It certainly was the feeling I got of Aragorn the first time I read FotR.

[Edited on 04/26/2015 by NenyaGold]
Elnath
Council Member
Send Message
I would wear Thranduil's clothes anyday, everyday.
Annog nin daf pladan tele ci?
Eryniell
Council Member
Send Message
I don't have a specific outfit I'd want, but I think the elven outfits are to die for. Something along the line of Tauriels!
lizandroll_the_troll
Council Member
Send Message
When I watched part of TTT recently, I realized that Legolas's outfit should be my everyday attire. I've never actually seen Tauriel's costume, but maybe that would suit me better. Woodland Elf Wardrobe: Great for hunting orcs AND teaching preschool!

And I am officially in love with Eowyn's wardrobe. Practical, sturdy, and oh so feminine. I'm going to have to research all of her clothes and somehow acquire my favorite ones. Although Arwen's dresses are lovely, I would always feel uncomfortable and impractical. I am far too petite to pull that neckline off.

[Edited on 10/31/2015 by lizandroll_the_troll]
Mironiel_EA
Council Member
Send Message
I want Tauriel's traveling costume and her weapons...also all of Arwen's dresses.
Captain Boromir
Council Member
Send Message
Boromir's, my sister and I made one that works but of course nothing can beat the actual thing.
Warrior Maiden of the Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to have a costume like Gandalf's, when he becomes Gandalf the White. I also love the Elven clothes, so I would love a costume like theirs. I think I would want an Elven tunic of blue and gold, and a mithril tunic underneath.
Kannissa
Council Member
Send Message
Anything Thranduil wears! But really I adore almost all Elvish clothing.
Even this darkness must pass.
RaenMaethor
Council Member
Send Message
I really like Boromir's outfit. I actually have made a simple pattern for an elven cloak thats pretty easy to make, I'd be happy to share it if anyone is interested.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
RaenMaethor said:I really like Boromir's outfit. I actually have made a simple pattern for an elven cloak thats pretty easy to make, I'd be happy to share it if anyone is interested.

Yes, love Boromir's outfit especially when he first enters Rivendell.
Made a fairly good Elven cloak from an old wool army blanket. Think it got dropped at a 2nd hand store after I moved out of the house I lived in for many years. Left a lot of stuff.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
RaenMaethor
Council Member
Send Message
Arveleg said:
RaenMaethor said:I really like Boromir's outfit. I actually have made a simple pattern for an elven cloak thats pretty easy to make, I'd be happy to share it if anyone is interested.

Made a fairly good Elven cloak from an old wool army blanket. Think it got dropped at a 2nd hand store after I moved out of the house I lived in for many years. Left a lot of stuff.

Pretty neat use of an Army blanket, wool is expensive nowadays.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
RaenMaethor said:
Arveleg said:

Pretty neat use of an Army blanket, wool is expensive nowadays.

It was quite an old one from the Korean War. I think it was my uncles who gave it to dad for throwing over the car fender to work on the engine. It gad some old grease spots on it. Wish I still had it.
Lady Luthien
Council Member
Send Message
I would like to wear the Elvish cloak that Lady Galadriel gave the Fellowship
DarkLord153
Council Member
Send Message
Sauron's or Witch King's armor would be perfect!
That Still Only Counts As One!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email