Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1112131415
Author Topic:
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: KEEP: Renegades (Free for all, Men, Elves, Sauron Spawn, whoever!)
on: May 07, 2006 06:55
Galenfea looked into Ainu's eyes for a moment, then shook her head.
"I can't sleep, not yet, I practically promised Gaeron that I'd sit with Finnar. He needs the rest more than I do."

"I appreciate it... truely, I do... but he's my little brother... or as near as I have." She tore her eyes from his face to look at Finnar. "I have to look after him, now that I've found him." She touched his tangled hair, caked with blood and filth. "Poor little scrap," she muttered, "You've had a hard time of it, the last few weeks."
Once again, tears began to rise unbidden in her eyes, brought on by sheer weariness and the release from tension. She blinked them away, shaking her head and only letting a few soft sobs escape

Ainu wasn’t satisfied with her first words at all, and he was about to tell her so when she raised a hand to silence him. As she continued she began to cry, and he felt his heart squeezed painfully to see tears in her eyes. With a sad sigh he rested a hand on her back again, wishing there were more he could do. At least they were in a safe place now- and he wondered how things were going with Holodrum. If the enemy somehow managed to win, then there would be a pursuit. If that happened, and they were discovered in their hiding-hole, there would be no hope. But, for now he *had* hope- and it was a wonderful feeling.

Now, though, he was concerned with Galenfae. No matter what she said, she needed rest! He could tell he’d get nowhere with that, however…

she reached for her pack, taking out her little sewing kit.
"It's not totally sterile, but I can do something for that wound," she said firmly, threading a needle. "Hold still a minute!"

Ainu winced at seeing the needle, though he knew it was the best thing- and that he’d have no one else’s hands treating his injury but hers. Even so, it recalled again the memory of an orc’s uncaring hands stitching up the wound that had scarred his jaw so terribly- it had been more painful than when the injury had been given! For the briefest moment his blue eyes widened in fear, but quickly he blinked and cleared his throat. He’d already needed rescuing- he didn’t want her thinking he was afraid of needles.

“Alright,” he said with a wan smile, shifting and resting his head on the ground (to keep from jerking away and causing further discomfort during her ministration), “I’ll appreciate it.”

holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 07:18
Holodrum swung hard at his opponent, and with a visceral shout, reversed the direction of his strike. Just enough so that as his opponent blocked, Holodrum was able to disarm him without trouble. "Flow with my strike, don't just stand there!"
His opponent jumped out of the way as Holodrum aimed a downward stroke at his head.
Armill, for that was the name of Holodrum's opponent, had been only recently added to Holodrums troops. When Holo's forces had attacked the waterfall fortress, several men had tryed to surrender, but Holo had said that no prisoners be taken untill the treasure room was plundered. Armill had been one of the lucky ones that had surrendered in the face of Astins force, right after they got done in the treasure room.
Holodrum smiled as Armill rolled, and was able to grab his weapon again. This one showed great promise, Holodrum noted, as Armill threw a quick string of attacks together and Holodrum was forced to give ground as he blocked and parried.
With a quick shout Holodrum reversed his angle again, and caught Armill off guard by attacking. Holodrum laughed deeply as he got Armill cornered again in his attacks. Holodrum ended it then.
Kicking forward, Holodrum knocked Armill off balance. With a flourish Holodrum disarmed Armill again, and pointed his blade at Armills throught. "DONE!!" said a voice outside the ring. Holodrum smirked with one side of his mouth, and sheathed his sword. Martone and Astin watched from the outside of the ring.
Armill walked over and retrieved his sword. once it was sheathed Holodrum walked over and clapped him on the shoulder, "You did good Armill."
"Not good enough," Armill said as he looked Holodrum over. Holodrum still hadn't recovered fully from the day before. a few bandages were now little more then rags hanging loosly from some times when Armills sword came alittle too close. Holodrum had managed to avoid any more serious wounds though. "If I had known that the leader of our forces would be my opponent today," Armill continued, "I would have thought the messenger crazy. Surely Holodrum could not have recovered already. I would have thought."
Clearing his throught Holodrum looked around, and wispered to Armill, "Well actually, I would appreciate you not telling my doctor about this. He would not approve, and I'd get something of a talking too."
Astin and Martone had been walking over to the two combatants and were now beside Holodrum and waiting for him to finish with Armill. Holodrum laughed again, "Dismissed Armill." Armill saluted and walked away. When he was out of earshot Holodrum turned to Astin and Martone. "And you two better not tell Doc about this either."
Astin was used to this sort of thing, so he didn't reply other then to nod, "Sir you had called us?"
"Yes indeed, but the matters I wish to disscus are best talked about elsewhere."
Martone looked around at the other men getting back to their fights once holodrum had finished. "Sir," he said as they walked out, "Why do you insist on sparing with the new men? You should be resting after after yesterday."
Holodrum started walking backward so he could look at Martones face. He saw only mild concern, nothing to berade him about. "It gives me a deep conection with my men," Holodrum said walking forward again leading them toward his room, "You may want to concider sparing with your company Martone, see if their overall attitude shifts and they follow you better." Holodrum gave him a moment to respond, then changed the subject, "Something big is about to happen. The men need not be concerned yet."
Astin had a feeling he knew what Holodrum was going to do. Despite Holodrum's assurences Astin knew that he hadn't been the same since leaving the waterfall fortress. Holodum hadn't spoken much about what went on in there, and Astin knew enough not to ask.
Holodrum opened his door when they reached his room and beckoned the other men into seats. Holodrum couldn't sit down though. "I was a fool to say that it was over before," Holodrum paced, "We were victorious in nearly every way, but for me," Holodrum paused in his pacing then, and looked up, "It can't be over. I failed in what I first set out to do. and that memory shall follow me all my life."
Astin couldn't keep quite any longer, he had to know, "Sir, we went to pillage and remove a powerfull rival from these lands. We succeeded. I know that you found your brother. and defeated him. Why is your heart heavy?"
Holodrum looked at him, showing a second of saddness and weakness, that seemed to nearly crush all the fight left in him. Recovering, Holodrum did sit down and looked at them, "I did not intend to defeat him. I wanted to save him."
Astin was alittle surprised, but Martone was motified, "Why would you save him?" Martone asked. "He was a rival leader and surly no love was shared between you two."
Holodrum sighed, "You're right, there wasn't. At the end of the day Grorthen was still my brother." Holodrum looked back to the past, for what must seem like the millionth time. "And then there's our parents. They were always a guiding light, but I was always their brightest star. Grorthen hated me for that. He always tryed to outdo me. So when we were called out here for the great war Grorhten and I almost emediatly were at eachothers throughts for the best positions, equipment, you name it. In a way then, I blame myself for him starting his group in the fortress. He couldn't stand me being a leader and him in a position to be under my command." Holodrum cleared his throught, as Astin and Martone stared at him incredulously. "Then when the war was over," Holodrum continued, "I was asked to bring him home safely. I thought that if I crushed his holdings and his fortress he would lose the will to fight, but I was wrong. I had no choice then. I couldn't make him leave and there was too much hate in him to come home anyway. I had to send him to the halls of our fathers. We will meet again, and maby then his hate will have cooled."
Holodrum came back to the present, "So there is much work to be done."
Astin looked saddned for his commander, "It seems like it is all done. All that is left is to move on."
Holodrum smiled then, sadly, "Yes you're right Astin, I have nothing left but to continue and move on. I can't move on here though."
Astin was surprised, "Where else is there? Surly you won't return home now? and miss all the adventures left here?"
Holodrum laughed, "Yes you're right Astin, I won't be going home. I won't be staying here either." Looking at Martone Holodrum smirked as if there was some great joke Holodrum only got, "Martone do you remember the promise I made you? When Trifgul died and I was staring to lead y'all here?"
Martone didn't have to think long about it, he had been dreaming of it since befre Holodrum had beaten Trifgul, "You promised me command of Trifguls men."
Holodrum chuckled, "Indeed I did, but you my new friend are going to recieve more then that." Sitting back Holodrum looked at them both, "I will be leaving soon. There is a place I can go, I hope, where I can move on from this time. My command," Holodrum said looking at the door to indicate his whole head quarters, "has grown larger then I had ever hoped for. As far as I know there is no other Haradrim force that comes close to us. I am on the top of the world and find it not as fulfilling as I had imagined. So I'm going back. My vast holding will be split between the two of you." Astin and Martone were truely surprised then. Holodrum went on, "You two are the only ones that know this, and I want nothing said. I have taken the time to split my holdings, with a moderate holding of treasure left for me. You will find all the instructions in my chest with the maps Astin. Now so long as you two are still under my command, I want y'all to know that I expect you two to continue the friendships that have been formed. Don't let amnesties split you like they split my brother and me."
Astin and Martone could hardly say anything to this. Recovering, Astin sort of meekly bowed to Holodrum, "I thank you sir, for this opportunity." Martone just couldn't believe the news he had just recieved.
Holodrum stood up then and walked over to them. "Gentlemen, in the days ahead I wish you luck. I shall be here for maby two more days." Holodrum sat down again and turned to recent events, "Astin I believe that you sent out the messenger I had requested."
Astin, putting aside his newfound pride and exitment, nodded "Yes I did. We recieved word that he had indeed found tracks leaving the fortress. They couldn't have been moving to quickly, but they were determined. He estimates 3-4 horses and a few men on foot."
"Yes," Holodrum said, "they'd have wounded, but tell him to be alert. He probably could tell, but they do have elves with them. When you send him the next update tell him of the elves, but also tell him not to be afraid. When he feels he's getting close tell him to unarm and hide his weapons. Tell him to help them if he can, but report back to us first."
Astin saluted gave a quick, "Yes, sir." and left. Martone and Holodrum looked at eachother for a long moment. Martone was still dumbfounded at what Holodrum was doing, but exited at the prospect of recieving nearly half of what Holo had. Holodrum broke the silence first, "Martone, you are a gifted leader. However you need to know your men better then you do." Holodrum smiled then, "I suggest you get down to the sparing rings and the mess halls that you rarely frequent. Take some time off. We've all had some hard times recently. Relax while you can."
Martone also saluted then, and standing up shook holo's hand with fervor, "Thank you sir," he said, "I will not forget the debt I now owe you."
Laughing Holodrum gripped Martones shoulder, "See that you don't."
Martone stept out, a new spring in his step, and desided to take Holo's advise and learn more about the men he would soon command.

ooc:*whew* another marathon post. sry if it's alittle long, but it just comes out this way. When I get back to you guys I'll probably have shorter postes as I'll need to actually interact. Ok as soon as you guys are ready have my messenger find y'all. Holo will be waiting for his message.

[Edited on 8/5/2006 by holodrum]
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2006 01:56
Galenfea hesitated a little as she saw Ainu's instantly-surpressed fear, but when he gave her permission to continue she crouched beside him and prepared to stitch the wound without heistation. Best to get it over if he was frightened of the idea.
Her needle pierced his skin and she saw him wince a little as she drew the thread through after it. The stitch was completed and she started on the next, closing to wound with as much speed as she could muster without becoming clumsy. Every time she pierced his skin her heart clenched, knowing from experience that this hurt him.
When it was done she tied off the last stitch and cut the thread with the little knife from her boot. Then she sat back on her heels as he sat up, raising a hand to finger the stitches.
"Don't touch. There's enough dirt in there already." She grinned and reached out to touch his cheek. "How are you feeling? Are you hurt apart from that?"

[Edited on 2/6/2006 by Galenfea]
--- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2006 04:43
((*bump* have I stonewalled everyone again?))
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 27, 2006 05:41

Ainu couldn't help wincing as Galenfae stitched his wound, despite that her hands were gentle as she did so. When she was finished- or so he assumed, since she sat back- he sat up slowly and reached up to brush the treated wound with his fingers

"Don't touch. There's enough dirt in there already." She grinned and reached out to touch his cheek. "How are you feeling? Are you hurt apart from that?"

"Nothing that needs stitching," he responded with a return grin, not sure what to think when she touched his cheek. He had the strangest urge to put his hand over hers and keep it there.
"Just some bruises that I'll be feeling for a week or two- but I've had worse, so I'll be alright. What about you?"

He eyed the dried blood still on her head from where she'd fallen.

"Is there anything I can do for your hurts, Galenfae? I *still* think you should rest."

(no you didn't, I'm just a lazy tail who kept putting off posting until I forgot that I needed to *hides*)
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 12:15
Seeing Ainu's eyes flick to the wound on her head, she instinctively touched it, grimacing as she felt the dried blood clotting in her hair. Now that he had drawn her attention back to it, it hurt, as did the other cut, on her collarbone, and the bruises that she had gained when he knocked over the man that had been holding her hostage.
"I'll be fine. I've a few bruises too, but the cuts are shallow, they don't need stitching." On the word, she glanced back towards Finnar. As the healer in their little family, he would - he should - have been the one to fuss over her cuts. He lay quietly with his back to them, still, it seemed, fast asleep.
Again, Ainu put his hand on her shoulder in comfort and encouragement, and she turned back, putting her own hand over it for a moment and smiling, pretending that it was no more than a friendly gesture, though she sensed that it was more.
"At least he's sleeping peacefully now, no more nightmares for a while. That's something to thank Lorien for."
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 06, 2006 06:23
Seeing Ainu's eyes flick to the wound on her head, she instinctively touched it, grimacing as she felt the dried blood clotting in her hair.
"I'll be fine. I've a few bruises too, but the cuts are shallow, they don't need stitching." On the word, she glanced back towards Finnar.. He lay quietly with his back to them, still, it seemed, fast asleep.
Again, Ainu put his hand on her shoulder in comfort and encouragement, and she turned back, putting her own hand over it for a moment and smiling, pretending that it was no more than a friendly gesture, though she sensed that it was more.
"At least he's sleeping peacefully now, no more nightmares for a while. That's something to thank Lorien for."

Ainu felt his heart thump in the oddest way when she put her hand over his and smiled at him. He returned the smile and squeezed her shoulder encouragingly.
“Indeed,” he replied, and shifted to make himself more comfortable. “Hopefully we will all have some peace now.”

He dropped his eyes and studied his hand, wondering what she would ‘do’ when they’d all made it safely away from this mess. Where would she go? He thought that he’d very much like to go with her, wherever it was. As for himself, he was in self-made exile from his home… and he wasn’t sure he wanted to return. But he was weary with wandering alone.

Suddenly there was the sound of someone approaching. Ainu shared a concerned glance with Galenfae and gripped his sword, though there were others more suited for defending. He waited to see who it was.

(maybe this is holo’s messenger? :S sorry I took so long… laazzyy…)
holodrum
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2006 04:14
Anston walked cautiously through the forest. Somehow he had avoided terrible danger long enough to make it here. Just a couple of wolves and a wandering Haradrim had accosted him so far. A small sword and a canteen rested on his hip, attesting to how he had survived, and a small package was slung arcoss his back, giving a reason for his trek.

Holodrum had outfitted him with nothing more then these items, and Anston took it as a personal challenge to see just how long he could survive without packing more. He had done well. He was still relativly well fed and rested, and he had located a good source of water each time his canteen ran dry.

He had not really worried either about finding his prey. Holo had said that they had most likely been injured, so they were likly not traveling fast, and Anston had even had a good idea of the place to start, another suggestion of Holodrum's.

Now he was a good day into tracking, and hopefully gaining. Anston dowsed his small fire with dirt so it didn't give away his position, and moved forward. This wasn't a cake walk, as he had imagined, however. After so long the tracks were getting older, and the people he was following had made some effort to cover their backs and stay hidden. He was convinced he was on the right track though, and that was confirmed when the tracks turned and he saw a formation that led him toward a small cave. Soon as he saw this he looked around suruptitiosly. Nothign seemed out of place, but he didn't see any tracks leaving the cave either.

Sighing he reached back into the package he wore and pulled out a small scrap of cloth dyed a soft white and held it out. Anston saw no reason for such a show. He felt confident that no-one would oppose him much, but Holo had been insistant on showing that he didn't mean any harm. After one more glance around, he strode forward, confident there would be no trouble.

Suddenly Anston felt something drop right on him. Letting out a scream of fear Anston fell hard on his face. Anston tryed to roll over and grab his sword, but whoever it was that had jumped on him, had jumped off and was now standing over him with a long sword drawn and pointing at Anstons throat.

"What are you doing here Haradrim?" the person with the sword asked in a low threatening voice, "Know also that I can kill you before you twitch your sword arm." Anston swallowed hard at this pronouncement, knowing it to be true. Holodrum hadn't said anything about elves!
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 12:34
Galenfea turned as she heard a sharp, terrified scream from outside the cave. Ainu and a few others also started, while Gaeron sat bolt upright, looking around for the source of the cry, his eyes travelling first to Finnar, then around the room, his breath growing easier as he saw no immediate threat.
"What was that?" whispered Galenfea, a hand on Finnar's shoulder to reassure him as he stirred and moaned fearfully.
Ainu started to get up to go and see, and she reached for his hand to stop him. Gaeron had come over now to take over her task of caring for Finnar, and she was probably the best one of their little group to go and check. A few others had already gone to the door just in case the scream had been that of the guard that they had posted in the entrance way, but she didn't think so. She stood up, still holding Ainu's hand, and whispered in his ear, "Shall I go and see what's happening out there?"

((Tag!
Just to get this moving again... *hugs thread*))
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2007 08:14
((Is anyone still posting on here? I feel lonely... :cry: ))
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 12, 2007 03:09
"What was that?" whispered Galenfea, a hand on Finnar's shoulder to reassure him as he stirred and moaned fearfully.

“I don’t know,” Ainu said, and began to go see, but Galenfae grabbed his hand. Stopping, he turned to look down at her, his heart stirring again at her touch. With a slight smile he pulled her to her feet, the smile partially from the fact that she didn’t let go of his hand.

She stood up, still holding Ainu's hand, and whispered in his ear, "Shall I go and see what's happening out there?"

“Not alone,” he said, squeezing her hand and gazing straight into her lovely eyes, “We’ve been together almost since this mess started, haven’t we? What would be the point of stopping that now?”

He would not be deterred. His hurts were aching and he felt as though he might keel over any minute, but he wouldn’t let her go alone. Together they went to inspect the noise. Peeking around some trees, they saw one of the elves who had been guarding their group, sitting on a man and holding him at sword-point.

"What are you doing here Haradrim?" the person with the sword asked in a low threatening voice, "Know also that I can kill you before you twitch your sword arm."

Ainu looked at the frightened expression on the man’s face and considered for a moment.

“Perhaps he isn’t an enemy,” he said, giving the elf a look, “Ease off from him, and let him speak.”

All the while he was still clutching Galenfae’s hand tightly in his own.

(sorry *hides* I AM lazy o_o )
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2007 01:37
Galenfea eyed the mortal speculatively as the elf left off him a little.
“What are you doing here?” she asked. She had seen Finnár’s injuries and she now had less love for the Haradrim than ever. She felt no pity for the frightened man.
“I come with a message,” he said. “For your leader.”
Galenfea’s hand spasmed a little in Ainu’s, holding tighter for an instant.
“From whom?” asked the elf that held him at swordpoint.
“Holodrum.”
“Another one,” muttered Galenfea. “Wonder what it is this time?” She looked up and said out loud, “Shall we bring him in and question him inside?”
Bregion had also come out to see what the fuss was about. Galenfea noticed fresh bruises on his face that hadn’t been there earlier, but didn’t comment. He glanced at her and then nodded to his warrior.
The elf ordered the man to stand up, keeping the sword pointed at his throat. Galenfea wished that she had her bow with her; she could have added the threat of being shot to that of being stabbed.
Soon the man had been searched (none too gently) for weapons, disarmed and bound. As an afterthought, one of his guards tied a cloth over his eyes. Then they took him by the arms and led him into the cave. Galenfea and Ainu followed as Bregion sent out a search party to see if there were any more Haradrim hiding nearby.
Bregion’s elves led their new captive through the main cave where everyone else was resting, and watching the scene curiously, then down a passageway and into a smaller cave just off that one. There, he was ordered to sit on the floor and his legs were also bound. Only then did they remove his blindfold. He looked around nervously.
“Where am I?”
“You are a prisoner of the elves of Ithilien,” said Bregion, stepping forwards to stand in front of the captive. “We have had a great deal of trouble from your associates these past few days, and I hope to have none from you, is that clear?”
Galenfea didn’t catch the man’s reply – if there was one – as at that point one of the two guards came over and asked them to leave.
“We’ll let you know what the situation is,” he said with a small smile. “You’d better go and tell Ethoner what’s happening.”
Galenfea nodded and took Ainu’s hand again. “Come on, let’s go."
He looked unwilling to leave it all to Bregion, but when she tugged again on his hand he followed her back into the main cave and they returned to where they had sat before, beside Gaeron and Finnár. Finnár was awake, and was able to reply - albeit very quietly and weakly - to Gaeron's questions and remarks. Galenfea smiled at the sight and went to kneel beside him. Finnár shrank back as she approached, but then recognised her and relaxed.
"Hey, elfling," she said softly. "How do you feel? Any better?"
He nodded. "A little. Tired. Cold."
She laid a hand gently on his cheek, watching his eyes to ensure that she wasn't frightening or hurting him. He felt warmer than he had back in the cell, but he was still shivering a little. She could feel the bones of his skull through his skin.
"Calen?" he whispered.
"What is it?"
"I... I'm hungry."
She nodded, glancing around the cave. "I'll see what I can do."
The corners of his lips quirked up in a shadow of his usual grin. "Hannon le."
Galenfea stood up and moved to join Ainu, who was talking to Ethoner (hope this is OK. Yell if not))
((Hope the scripting's OK on Bregion and Anston))

[Edited on 26/1/2007 by Galenfea]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 11, 2007 08:54
Galenfea eyed the mortal speculatively as the elf left off him a little.
“What are you doing here?” she asked. She had seen Finnár’s injuries and she now had less love for the Haradrim than ever. She felt no pity for the frightened man.
“I come with a message,” he said. “For your leader.”
Galenfea’s hand spasmed a little in Ainu’s, holding tighter for an instant.

Ainue's hand tightened around Galenfae's as they waited for a reply. The elf holding the man at sword-point demanded to know who sent a message... and the frightened man said Holodrum.

“Another one,” muttered Galenfea. “Wonder what it is this time?” She looked up and said out loud, “Shall we bring him in and question him inside?” Bregion had also come out to see what the fuss was about. Galenfea noticed fresh bruises on his face that hadn’t been there earlier, but didn’t comment. He glanced at her and then nodded to his warrior.
The elf ordered the man to stand up, keeping the sword pointed at his throat. Galenfea wished that she had her bow with her; she could have added the threat of being shot to that of being stabbed.

Ainu watched silently and solemnly as the man was searched and bound, not really 'caring' that they didn't treat him too kindly. After what they'd all been through- himself, and the elleth beside him, and the other captives especially- he felt no pity for any of the Haradrim. They had to take every precaution- and so his hands were tied, and his eyes bound. If this man was a spy, and an enemy, he wouldn't see how to get to their hiding place. The misntrel shared a glance with Galenfae as they followed the others into the cave, and back into a smaller cavern where he was told to sit. One of the elves removed the blindfold.

He looked around nervously.
“Where am I?”
“You are a prisoner of the elves of Ithilien,” said Bregion, stepping forwards to stand in front of the captive. “We have had a great deal of trouble from your associates these past few days, and I hope to have none from you, is that clear?”
Galenfea didn’t catch the man’s reply – if there was one – as at that point one of the two guards came over and asked them to leave.
“We’ll let you know what the situation is,” he said with a small smile. “You’d better go and tell Ethoner what’s happening.”
Galenfea nodded and took Ainu’s hand again. “Come on, let’s go."

Ainu didn't want to leave. He felt a need to be there, to hear what was said- he didn't like Bregion and didn't trust him to handle this situation well... but when the elleth tugged on his hand again, he sighed and followed her. There was a fleeting thought in the back of his mind that he would follow her anywhere... the thought made him blush through the grime on his face and he was glad she hadn't seen.

They returned to where Gaeron and Finnar were resting. The elf was glad to see them both awake, the latter now able to speak.The smile on Galenfae's face stirred Ainu's heart, and he was glad for her, and for them. He released her hand at last, feeling a sense of loss as she left his side to kneel beside Finnar.
Guessing that she wouldn't want him standing there staring, he went to speak to Ethoner, and told him what had happened- that a messenger had been sent by Holodrum, supposedly, and, that they were waiting to hear what news he brought.

As he stood up he turned his eyes back to the other side of the cave, and his keen elven hearing picked up Finnar's whispered words. That he was hungry was a good thing- if he felt like eating. When Galenfae came to join him he smiled at her... a smile which, unbeknownst to him, showed the things he was feeling.

"He's hungry," he said, and nodded to Ethoner, "We'll find him something."

Their supplies were few- but, in the lightweight packs of the elves they managed to find some bread and water. Ainu then joined the elleth of his heart with Finnar and Gaeron, and- moving slowly and carefully, his voice gentle- helped Finnar sit up and supported him so that he could eat and drink. Ever his eyes glanced toward the smaller cavern, though, as he waited to hear what the messenger had come to tell them.

After Finnar had had his fill and was lying comfortably (or, as comfortably as possible) one of the elves came out and announced that the message from Holodrum was basically a 'thank-you' for the help that their small company had given, and an offer for supplies... and looking around at his friends, seeing their injuries, he stood.

"We should send back another message," he said, "And ask for a cart- or a wagon, if they have one. We have horses to pull it- that way, the injured won't have to deal with the pain of trying to ride or walk, and we'll be able to hasten away from this place. If he's sending a message of thanks, then his enemies must be conqured- so we should be able to get away safely, correct? I'm eager to leave this place far behind."

He was hoping to stay with Galenfae, wherever she went. Now.... now, he couldn't bear the thought of being parted from her.

(hope this is alright...)
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 01:13
((*hugs* fine! Hope this is OK))

Galenfea felt a weight lift from her heart as she, Gaeron and Ainu helped Finnár to eat. Though he was hungry, he visibly had difficulty chewing and swallowing the bread that they gave him, but at least he was eating.
When he had finished, he tilted his head against Gaeron's chest with a small sigh.
"That's good," he murmured, his eyelids drooping. "Feel better now. Thank you."
Gaeron settled him back down on the floor, keeping hold of his hand. There was a little colour in his face now. It was still cool, but growing warmer as his strength began to return. He was falling asleep gradually, lying very still in order to avoid disturbing any of his injuries and causing himself more pain.
"We should send back another message," he said, "And ask for a cart- or a wagon, if they have one. We have horses to pull it- that way, the injured won't have to deal with the pain of trying to ride or walk, and we'll be able to hasten away from this place. If he's sending a message of thanks, then his enemies must be conquered- so we should be able to get away safely, correct? I'm eager to leave this place far behind."

Galenfea looked back at her brothers, nodding in agreement. Finnár in particular was not ready to go far, and he certainly could not walk. As well as him and Gaeron, there was Menel, lying asleep in Ethoner’s arms, and Den, who was resting a little way away, eyelids drooping as he began to doze off.
“I agree,” said Gaeron, looking up at Ainu. “The sooner we start home, the better, and if there’s any way that it can be made any easier for those who are hurt, we should take advantage of it. Does he say what… Holodrum…” Gaeron pulled a face, his dislike of Holodrum evident, “Is doing now? Is he still at the waterfall fortress or is he moving somewhere else? How are we to get a message to him?”
“I suppose we’d have to send his own messenger back to him,” said Galenfea. She didn’t like that idea, but couldn’t think of an alternative, either for a messenger or for what to do with their newest captive. “We might see about getting some more supplies too, as it seems that we’re running low.” She frowned. “Though that’s quite urgent. Maybe some of us who are fitter could go out hunting and gathering in the morning, see if we can find anything?” As she spoke, her eyes found Ainu’s. She’d like to go with him, she wanted to talk to him, and find out what he planned to do. Where would he go? Did he have a home, or was he a wanderer. If so… would he give up that life to join her in her own village, to help with rebuilding.
She told herself not to start dreaming ahead. It was perfectly possible that she had just imagined the look in his eyes as he smiled at her.
For a moment she held his gaze, then lowered her eyes, her cheeks colouring. She flushed still more as she caught Gaeron’s eye instead.
A small smile on his face, he leaned over and whispered in her ear, “Well, I give my blessing, if it helps.”
“Go away,” she told him affectionately.
Ethoner nodded. “We will remain in here for tonight, then tomorrow I will speak with this messenger and we will give more thought to a message. For now, it would be wise for us all to rest and recover our strength.” He looked down at Menel’s sleeping face. She looked very pale against the dark colours of his uniform. “In the morning we will allocate duties such as caring for the wounded; finding food; and guard duty.”
Galenfea nodded, seeing the sense of this. If was probably getting dark outside, and they were all tired. In any case, with the best will in the world, it would be dangerous to move Finnár and Menel too soon. She had seen enough of war to know that they needed all the rest and quiet that they could get if they were to recover and heal.
“You get some rest, Calen,” said Gaeron. “I’ve slept, I’ll sit with Finnár for a few hours, then wake you. All right?”
“Promise you’ll wake me.”
Gaeron smiled. “Gweston.”
Galenfea nodded. Then, with a last, long glance at Ainu, she went and settled by the wall, within Gaeron’s reach if he were to stretch out, and lay down to sleep.
“Goodnight, Ainu!” she called softly. “Goodnight, Gaeron, Losto mae, Finnár.”

Gweston = I swear
Losto mae = sleep well.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 28, 2007 07:13
Galenfea looked back at her brothers, nodding in agreement. Finnár in particular was not ready to go far, and he certainly could not walk. As well as him and Gaeron, there was Menel, lying asleep in Ethoner’s arms, and Den, who was resting a little way away, eyelids drooping as he began to doze off.
“I agree,” said Gaeron, looking up at Ainu. “The sooner we start home, the better, and if there’s any way that it can be made any easier for those who are hurt, we should take advantage of it. Does he say what… Holodrum…” Gaeron pulled a face, his dislike of Holodrum evident, “Is doing now? Is he still at the waterfall fortress or is he moving somewhere else? How are we to get a message to him?”
“I suppose we’d have to send his own messenger back to him,” said Galenfea. She didn’t like that idea, but couldn’t think of an alternative, either for a messenger or for what to do with their newest captive. “We might see about getting some more supplies too, as it seems that we’re running low.” She frowned. “Though that’s quite urgent. Maybe some of us who are fitter could go out hunting and gathering in the morning, see if we can find anything?” As she spoke, her eyes found Ainu’s.

Ainu met her gaze and found himself unable to look away again. What was it about her that was so captivating- especially now, in this situation? Perhaps they could go hunting together before sunrise. The thought made him smile, and he smiled at her… then, she blushed and looked away. Trying not to blush himself, he looked down at his hands.

Ethoner nodded. “We will remain in here for tonight, then tomorrow I will speak with this messenger and we will give more thought to a message. For now, it would be wise for us all to rest and recover our strength.” He looked down at Menel’s sleeping face. She looked very pale against the dark colours of his uniform. “In the morning we will allocate duties such as caring for the wounded; finding food; and guard duty.”

“I agree,” Ainu said, looking at his friends. They all needed to do a lot of healing… but, they couldn’t wait forever before leaving. He had a feeling if they could make it home, that would have a better effect than waiting. Sighing, he lay down to sleep, smiling fondly when Galenfae called goodnight to him.

“Goodnight,” he said in response, and for a long while lay awake, despite his weariness, thinking of her. He also wished he had his lute… but, the beloved instrument was gone forever. Oh well… he’d get a new one someday. Finally, the elf fell into slumber.

The next morning he went out hunting with Galenfae in the gray before dawn. The air was cool but clean and it felt wonderful just to be with her. By the time they returned to the camp they’d caught a few rabbits, and some of the others had gathered some herbs. As they prepared a morning meal, Ethoner spoke to the messenger, and soon sent him off with a new missive for Holodrum; a sincere thanks for the offer of help, and a list of the things needed. It would take a few days for these helpful items to arrive, and so the company could do no more than wait. The time passed slowly, and mostly in quiet. They luckily never ran short on food and water, but waiting was unnerving, for everyone was ready to get home. Ainu sang from time to time in hopes of keeping their spirits up, though he found himself more often than not lapsing into ballads of love without meaning to, and he’d wonder if anyone noticed the blush on his cheeks. Finnar didn’t improve much, but he was getting slowly better. The others with injuries were much in the same shape… and it came as a sad surprise when they all woke one morning to find that Menel had gone, the only thing left being a note for Ethoner- though he didn’t share what was written there. He left for a long while in search of her, but returned without any luck- and he was unwilling to leave his brother for a more thorough search.

After more than a week, a horse-drawn cart came rolling near- for they all heard it before it reached them. They found it laden with supplies for travel, and lined with pillows and blankets, and Ainu sent a silent thankyou to Holodrum for the help. They decided they would set out the very next morning, put as much distance between them and their current location as they could.

That night, Ainu sat with Galenfae at his side as they ate. Looking over, he smiled at her unabashedly. He’d become so comfortable around her since they’d met, so comfortable that he never even thought about the scar on his jaw or what she thought when she saw it. Reaching over, he took her hand in his and gave it a slight squeeze.

“I tire of wandering,” he said quietly, “And if you’ll have me, I’d like to stay with you, once you’ve made it home.”

In the morning they loaded up on the padded wagon, taking extra care with getting the injured comfortable and well covered before getting on themselves. Quietly and solemnly, and yet with a soft enthusiasm at heading out at last, they turned their eyes to the journey ahead of them. It was likely to be difficult, and long, but that didn’t matter… at least none of them were alone.

(Well, I’m going to say this is The End. Hope its alright )

Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 10:01
((Think you've covered everything, so just to add: PLEASE KEEP! ))
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 10:20
I will lock this and move it to archives as soon as I hear a 'yes' from you. I have already marked it as KEEP for you.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
<< First1112131415
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email