<< First1112131415
Author Topic:
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Murder in Rohan (KEEP)
on: December 10, 2005 09:18
((I was hoping you'd do that. ))

Brenna looked at the elf, and hesitated for a moment, unsure what he was going to do or say, and then nodded. "I guess so." She said with a shrug, looking away and spotting a bench outside the stables. "Do you want to go and sit down there for a bit then?" Brenna added, pointing in that direction with her free hand. She looked at the elf, but then didn't wait for his reply, walking over to the bench and sitting down anyway, dropping her bag at her feet and looking out. The stables were situated behind the great hall, but they seemed to be on some sort of peak so they were set above most of Edoras, and the city lay sprawlled out beneath them. She could she the old alley ways that she used to know perfectly, the corners that they would wait in, the streets that would lead to holes into the catacombs hidden beneath.

Brenna let out a loud sigh, and relaxed back against the wall of the stables. "It's been years since I've been here."
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2005 09:57
(:cry: it's so sentimental!!!! *sob* I'll really miss this thread!)

Fae didn't cry often, but she cursed herself for picking now of all times, in the middle of the golden hall, surrounded by people she loved and respected. She wasn't the type that broke down in tears, or ran from the room making a scene, she simply smiled and felt warm tears roll down, caressing her cheek.

"Thank you." She said earnestly to everyone. She embraced her friends and nodded at Hilligan's words, it was time to go home.

Fae stood when Brenna approached her, and looked at the young woman, had she killed her brother? Fae looked harder, Brenna had turned around, she wasn't a killer to Fae, she had never really been. "You didn't kill him, it was another guiding your hand my friend. I accept your gift, but not as an apology, just as something to remember you by, and that I will. I will remember a headstrong young woman who can really throw a dagger. I will miss you Brenna." She smiled and took the gift, and stood to watch her leave the hall.

Fae turned to Hilligan, "Well, I suppose it's time to go. I'll meet you outside as soon as I'm ready."

She found her room in a sort of hazy dream, and collected her things in a matter of seconds. Before she knew it, she was leading Jarred out of the stables, her flaming hair blowing lightly across her face in the breeze coming from the plain, bringing the smell of golden grass and wild flowers.

[Edited on 10/12/2005 by _mook_]

[Edited on 10/12/2005 by _mook_]
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2005 12:40
(me too! :cry: )

For a moment Glorfindel did not reply, he merely joined Skyla in looking out over the wide city scape. Edoras did have such a rustic charm to it, but secretly Glorfindel had always prefered stonework. If asked why he would only reply, 'Dosn't burn easy.'

"I rememeber when this was all bare rock and heath," a quiet musing, more an inward expression broke the uneasy silence, "But of course, men came from the North. Orcs roaming here and there, dark times. Much like what lies ahead."

He seemed to realize the presence of the young woman and his gaze snapped around and latched onto her. Two fierce blue eyes, dazzlinly bright. Under that gaze one always felt as though every single aspect of them was being subjected to a lengthy and miticiously public enquiry, before a final judgement was being made.

"You have been a closed book Skyla," the elf continued, never once breaking his gaze, "On this trip of all these companians you have said the least and keep the furtherest away. Now, I don't doubt that you have your reasons, and from I have seen you know as little about yourself as I do. So therefore I hoped to council you to trend carefully on the road, but then again I suppose you know that to? So is there anything left to say? I can say good luck Skyla, and thank you for all you have done. Maybe some day we can meet again, as now we part as friends?"

[Edited on 30/12/2005 by LoremasterMiar]
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 05:07
Brenna looked at the elf for a long moment. His words surprised her: again she was reminded of how old this being was and how much he had seen. But mainly she was surprised that he offered her, the assassin who had lied and cheated, hidden herself from them. If he knew the truth about what had happened to Cuan would he still offer her this?

Brenna sighed deeply and looked away, back out across the city. A friend... that would be something special, but then again, could she risk that? Was she weakening so much that the desire to have bonds with someone was once again filling her? That hadn't happened since Noreen.

Brenna suddenly smiled, and turned back to Glorfindel, but her heart was black with the thought of what she was about to do. "Thank you, Glorfindel, and I accept, if you truely wish the friendship of a creature like me. I'll remember your council kindly, and your luck, and offer mine in response. Keep Rynwyn close while you still can, guard every moment with her. You never know when she will be taken away or when you will lose her love."
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 02:17
"I will," Glorfindel replied, providing a rare smile to Skyla.

In this moment, all of the worn lines and marks on his face seemed to removed and he appeared as one new man. Fresh faced and alive, not hagged, drawn, old. There was life in there still.

"In six thousand years I have never met anyone the likes of you," although the smile was still present, his tone was low and steady, embodying the essence of serious, "Do not call yourself creature, for you truly are one of a kind. A remarkable young woman, and coming from me, that is something, given all I have seen. Despite all you have done, you now seek to aspire. Beasts do not, only as a person can you have this desire. Mark this well, for it will give you hope and comfort on the long road that awaits you. Trials and tribulations lie ahead, and you will be tested more than once, sometimes to near breaking point, but one word of warning shall I give. If you continue to hide behind a cloak of lies, to disguise and hide who you are then all you will have is this emptiness. Only by opening to the light, can you hope to grow.'
'In testatment, do you think that you hve gone unmarked for all these years? Did you think that you were unknown to thos who watch over and protect this Middle-earth? They have marked you Brenna, and tested you. It wasn't chance that brought me to Rohan that night Reothed died, and it wasn't Orcs. The House of Fingolfin has you marked, and we know now what it is that you can do. We shall meet again, but never again speak of this, until the time is at hand to. Go now with my blessings and my love, but it shall not be long ere we again. We have marked you Brenna Skyla, and know nowwhat you can do."

Bowing to kiss her hand, Glorfindel turned and vanished back into the shadow of the building. Leaving Skyla standing alone, overlooking Edoras.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2006 04:02
Had her lower half possessed such capacity, Ailia’s would be been neatly resting on her knees as her brother finished speaking before closing his eyes and reclining back onto the chair. Ailia had noted carefully that not once throughout that entire tale had he even removed one hand from Ryn’s own, not even to scratch or…anything! That was the nature of their relationship though, neither one ever far from the other. Even when Glorfindel had journeyed out to meet her in the innermost depths of Eregion wilderness, in that centre of silence and solitude, he would never linger too long, always seemingly eager to get away, now Ailia knew why.

Yet still she stared at him, her eyes betraying his gawping mental maw, hungrily begging for more of this scintillating story. Glorfindel though did not even open one eye to glance at her, he merely lay there, lost in the stupor of mortal dreams, or so it seemed. Ailia suddenly bristled. He hadn’t even finished the tale…

“G…”she began, but as the first morpheme left her lips, Glorfindel cut clean through her sentence, like a knife through green wood.

“It’s finished.”

“But what….?”

“Finished Ai.”

“How did….?”

“Finished.”

The last word was said with such conviction and force unbecoming of a restful moment, that for the first time Ailia did as she was told. Yet still hundreds of question zoomed as mayfly over the mental surface, skimming the pools of possibility and wonder. However, she knew that answers could not be obtained now, probably not ever, but she had got him to tell her SOMETHING. So maybe, just maybe, there was hope that some day she might here the rest.

Everything.

As the night’s debate drew to a dawn born conclusion, the last fading embers in the heart gave way to pale lingering glow in the east as the cavalier of the sun thundering down to Arda below. A new day had dawned and none knew what it would bring. None knew of the perils and joys, sorrows and loves which lay ahead for those slumbering forms below, but the lump in Ryn suddenly stirred with the light of life. Glorfindel felt this last lingering presence of new potential, as he fell into arms of sleep with the woman he loved.

[Edited on 13/9/2006 by LoremasterMiar]
<< First1112131415
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email