Register

Author Topic:
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Murder in Rohan OCC
on: August 24, 2005 10:03
Hello gorgeous people!
Ok, now as my dear Glorfindel is incapaciatated, I've been trying to think of ways that I could perform actions. So I think that we should all go after the remaining guy, but literally collide with the guards on the way.
In the confusion he escapes, and we are left with some very awquad questions to answer. Credit to dd and purple for the basis of this idea.
What do you think?
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 24, 2005 10:37
Someone's in a good mood!

Okay, sounds good to me! I've still got some tricksy Hean ideas up my sleve, ready to play with when I get a chance, so... :evil:
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 24, 2005 01:55
brilliant!

the board is set for our characters to end up in another sticky situation- post at will! :evil: if one of yall wants to post that the characters rush into the guards, feel free to give Ryn or Hiligan a nudge in the right direction-- I have school tomorow >.< so there's no telling when I'll be able to get online.

[Edited on 25/8/2005 by dreamdancer]
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 07:00
How about we get tried before the King of Rohan for treason when the night is over? That would be the perfect way to have the real plotters attempt to frame us.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 10:31
sounds good

I was thinking, if Brenna accepts the man's proposal and leaves, heading for the king's chambers (or is anywhere, for that matter) the assassin (possibly Hean) will be waiting outside the king's room, somewhere he will see if Eomer is to come out. Ryn is going to speak to the king, which means she'll show up at his door. When the king comes out, the asssisin could fire an arrow- perhaps Brenna could show up in the nick of time and shout, or kick the assassin or something, making the shot go wild. maybe eomer is wounded? (non-fatally), but if the assassin manages to escape, brenna and ryn will look veeery guilty.

if it plays out like this (or in a similar manner) how will our characters be proven innocent, aside from random people (Noldon, Dianen) coming forward? open for suggestions! I like the way this plot sounds... share thoughts
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 08:54
I luuuurve the ideas but I have no idea how they could be proven innocent! Another thing that could be usen *against* them, though, is the ribbon that Brenna wears - it would be with her posions at the moment.

The only thing I can think of is if Eomer sees who it was that shot him, but isn't well enough to preside over the trial - so that Hean's uncle (who's name I have forgotten, but will look up in a moment), or someone else corrupt, takes charge of the trial for now. Either Eomer comes back at the last moment, or he frees them later... Just a suggestion, I don't know if it'll work.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 01:24
Ok, now I have an idea, but I feel kind of big headed here, but what about Glorfindel? I mean he's out cold, so he couldn't play any part in the events of the night. We could use him as a intrument for helping to prove the others innocent?
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 03:37
Sounds good... how could he prove them innocent, though? Even if he, Hiligan and Fae look innocent (because they are nowhere near the 'crime scene') ryn and brenna will still look suspicious.
The others (including Glorfindel, if he wakes up and can get around... poor thing...) could, maybe, somehow get out and do some investigating. If the trial is corrupted, whoever is in charge will probably push for punishment (death?) right away, before Eomer is well enough to show up, and won't listen to anything any of characters have to say. I don't have much inspiration at the moment but we are plotting! the story continues.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 06:45
If the others (ie. Glorfindel, Earendel, Fae and Hiligan) weren't present then they wouldn't be aware of the events of the evening, as DD says. So now, we've got an interesting plot point. How will the others react to this news? Would they disregad the claims as outrageous, or would there be some doubt, even in their hearts as to the innocence of Ryn and Brenna?
PFC, I think the for Brenna in particular, this could be a sign to some that she is sinking back into her old ways again. Of course she's being framed, and deliberatley chosen because of her reputation and past. Maybe the mysterious force behind all of this knows of Brenna's past life and was the one who orginally sent her to slay Reothed.
In the end however, I think that we all agree that it has to tie back in with the events that this thread openned on, and that is the murder of Reothed. But if there is some doubt in the minds of the other characters, particularly about Brenna, and I know that Glorfindel might even wonder about Ryn, thus testing their newly forged relationship.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 12:59
I can see the others suspecting Brenna, because she was the person they set out to get revenge on in the beginning- even if Ryn is standing there when Eomer is wounded and she doesnt see the assassin, she may want to accuse Brenna. As for suspicion concerning Rynwyn, I'm not sure where it could be founded, unless its attributed to a total lack of evidence convicting anyone else, or Glorfindel and Fae wondering if she's finally snapped. Or maybe she vouches for Brenna's innocence, and the others doubt Brenna so they, in turn, doubt Rynwyn simply because she doesnt doubt Brenna. (confusing sentence 0_o)

Hiligan won't suspect his sister- if Glorfindel does, that would be good tension between those guys.

The thread does need to loop back to Reothed's murder.

I'm waiting for purple to post, but if she can't by tomorow, I'll probably go ahead and post again. (If I can think of what to say...) probably just a little something for Hiligan to do.

aah, this thread is winding down! *clings to thread*
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 02:01
okee... I've made the post to set things in motion. heh, couldn't wait any longer hope that post is alright with everyone! Ryn is probably out for a while, but Hiligan is not- what happens with the rest of the group is still left open. not sure where rynwyn and brenna will end up- I don't see the guard taking them back to their rooms (if brenna is even caught- thats up to her owner ), but I guess you never know.

basically the plan now is to lead up to the next morning and the 'trial', with whatever twists and turns yall want to add on the way. we've still got to figure out how to get our poor characters out of this one! :evil:

and I think its unkown whether Eomer saw who shot him or not- I guess we'll wait and see.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 03:52
I loved the posts guys, and from what I can gather Glorfindel, Fae and Dianen are hiding just inside the secret passageway in Rynwyn's room. Now I am taking it that the guards are going to bring her back uncoucious, and so it would probably be best if they moved away from there, so as Ryn can be contained until the trial. And course if they make it back to their rooms, then any suspicion from them will be thrown off them, because of course how could they have gotten out?
Why don't we use Hiligan to inform the others of what has happened?
And btw, what has happened to Brenna?
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 06:58
A very, very good question! ^^

I had assumed that she had been dragged off with Rynwyn, but I supose that isn't really nessicary.

*The silence of painful thinking from PFC's corner of "reality"*

Uhhh... Okay, I think I'm gonna use this to drag Hean back in. We'll see what happens when I post in a moment.

And I have *nooooo* idea how they're going to get out of this with their heads still attatched. Hopefully we'll come up with something sooner or later.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 09:34
I left it open for you to do whatever you wanted with Brenna but I loved your post. more trouble for our company!

*evil laughter*

Hiligan is in his room now, and someone else will probably have to find a passage in there. I don't think he'd notice one; he's probably gone to sleep or something. XD but we'll see in my next post (which isnt coming well)

By informing the others, do you mean glorfindel, fae, and earendel? I'm not sure if Hiligan has a clue whats happening.

I'll try to get another post in tonight if I can think of anything. *wishes self luck* maybe Hiligan will find a hidden passage or something, just to move things along.

what else shall happen on this fateful night? and I'm still wondering about that bloody tapestry thinger in ryn's room o.0

EDIT: HAHA! had an idea! yet to see if its worth anything...

[Edited on 5/9/2005 by dreamdancer]
ork_killer_121
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 12:54
maybe u could have the murderer turn out 2 b old friends or somthing eith the girl.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 10:22
Now thats not a bad idea! And welcome to the OOC orkkiller!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 01:07
the way things are going, the would-be-killer (Hean) *is* old friends, with Brenna. you read our minds!

this thread is winding down. after the 'trial' and all ends, and we take our characters home, I think that will be the ending. I can't think of anything else that could happen to them so soon to lengthen everything, and that seems like a suitable place to stop, yes? :love: thank yall for sticking with it so long!

*cough*sinceMarch*cough*
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 03:27
I doooo! I had an idea on the bus on the way to school (and ended up scribbling it down over my homework. )

But I have a way to drag it on for one more night (if that's okay with everyone, of course). I just need the inspiration and a chance to play out Hean/Cuan, so I'm going to try and do that now or later on today.

(Gods, I love that the school pcs don't block coe any more!)

And I still find it hard to believe we've been going since march! It seems so much shorter. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 13, 2005 11:17
that it does! ^_^

let me apologize to both of yall- purple and lmm- my msn messenger has been acting strange, so sorry if you can't catch me online, or if you try and I don't say anything back... dunno whats wrong with it...

I'm going to post again as soon as I work up the creative energy
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2005 11:45
Ok for the plotters escape from the hall I was thinking that they grab some hostages and run! Any voulenteers?

dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 02, 2005 06:27
This is to clear up tawar's concerns as posted in the actual thread.

I had originally planned for the men to try and talk their way out of it, yes, but eomer's encounter with the guards would already have him suspicious. In any case, he would remember the events from the night before. There are other men involved in the plot, and any of the others could still try making up some excuse- but it *is* more likely that they would simply try to get away. The king has arrived earlier than expected and called off his guards, the people these guys have tried to kill are free and able to come after them, their plan is falling apart-- I dont think any amount of explaining would be helpful anyway. If it were me, I'd be running too!

LMM asked me about his idea and I gave him the go-ahead (I think its a pretty good one ), so its fine. Things don't always go as plotted- when I started this thread, I had no inkling that we'd end up in Edoras. So the story will continue from this point ( as soon as I get a chance to post ) even though we started out with different intentions.

great posting everyone! I believe we're nearing the end of our adventure.. *sniff sniff* lets keep it up and give them a happy- or at the least- a bittersweet ending. We can atleast get this mess over with, get the whole thing sorted out, have eomer thank them, and get them home.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 12:50
I have no idea what to post next... suggestions really welcome! 0_0 *thinks really hard*
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email