Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Jewelry: circlets, necklaces etc.
on: June 20, 2011 01:49
Whoa! Thats gorgeous! I love the blue gems, they really look great! You should put this stuff on the market!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Rhinesilver
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Jewelry: circlets, necklaces etc.
on: June 20, 2011 01:49
Submit it? Submit it?? Why haven't you submitted it already?!

Gorgeous, just gorgeous-- I think I admire it all the more because I'm totally clueless when it comes to crafts and jewelry-- fault of shaky hands, y'see. You have a unique gift! And yes, they do look very poncy indeed.
Have you tried remaking the One Ring with the chain?
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Jewelry: circlets, necklaces etc.
on: April 15, 2012 07:33
Thank you!
And I'm at it again! Sauron's Eye ring! What do you think?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: April 15, 2012 09:25
haha that's awsome! You make really good jewelry!
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2012 11:07
Thank you! But I must give credit to Jamie Cloud Eakin, who put out the bead book, Bugle bead bonanza, the pattern for the ring came from there, I just ring design from there, I just changed the colors.

Another ring and these one I can say are my own creation, the beaded version of Galadriel's ring, along with a Mirkwood necklace.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2012 09:31
Wow! Those are beautiful! If I was a girl, I would definitely wear those. Of course, I am NOT in any way insinuating that I wish I was a girl lol
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: May 20, 2012 09:56
very pretty! i love the necklace colors and beads.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2012 05:44
You are AMAZING!!! your version of Galadriel's ring is beautiful and the Eowyn and Mirkwood necklaces are done with such perfection... i could never do that. I also love the Eye of Sauron ring! I shall say it again: You are AMAZING!!!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2012 06:27
Awww! Thank you! I'm going to try making more jewelry but that might be awhile.
Pimpernel_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2012 12:09
Whooahh, how on earth do you do that?! Can't you share the patterns for those on in the Last Honely House section?
~Fëanor_Curufinwë~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2012 10:36
Wow Feyna, you are really good at this!
Love the Eowyn necklace, and the Mirkwood one. They're so cool!
Do you make the beads yourself? O.O

I've made some jewelry before... but definitely not as good as yours.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2012 11:40
I really like the Sauron's Eye ring, the orange and black look great together, what I like most of all is it is very recognisable but also very creepy!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 04, 2012 06:00
Wow! I started this thread back in 2005 and just rediscovered it! I did finally make some circlets... but back then they weren't that impressive. Allow me to share with y'all the circlet I made for my wedding back in March

Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2012 06:52
Wow it loos lovely! Good Job!
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2012 01:43
Wow dreamdancer your circlet looks beautiful!
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2012 07:33
WOW amazing!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2012 11:29
Where do I find the materials for the circlet? The silver wire, I mean. What is that called?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im not sure what its called, and im not sure if you figured that out already or not, Lin, since this thread seems pretty old.

I recently made some jewlery, but I bought the charms to make it. I made earrings in the shape of keys, and an arrowhead necklace. I took pics, but
havent yet uploaded them. Once I do, I'll post in here.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
@Dreamdancer: Woooow! Awesome! Awesome!
@Findemaxam48: Yes, do post, I love to see what you've made.^^

And although you've seen this before here's a slightly better shot of my Galadriel's ring -along with a few other rings I made.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, those are beautiful! Where did you purchase the materials to make them?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Here in the states, we have a store called "Michael's" that has all manner of crafty things and beads like you have never seen before.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, we have a Michael's too, but upon going there I realized that some of the things can be a bit pricey. If I do go, I wait for a sale.
I buy my jewlery supplies from Hobby Lobby. It tends to be cheaper there.
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
For me it's Michael's, Jo-Ann's, a few local bead/jewelry stores and sometimes, if I'm very lucky I find some good beads at thrift stores. Oh, and the net, too.^^

Anyway, my take (1st try) on the Phial of Galadriel!

The light of Eärendil's star caught in a bottle! I'm not finished with this project just yet, need to add a few more things but before I do that I want to know your thoughts on this.

[Edited on 09/13/2013 by Feyna]
EruwaedhielOfRohan
Council Member
Send Message
Wow that's amazing! I've done some jewelry but none as good as this. The light of Eärendil's star is amazing, I've been trying to do something like that for a necklace but it hasn't worked. :-/ How did you do it, if you don't mind sharing your secrets?
Image Image
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Why thank you! And I don't mind sharing my secrets. I used stuff called Cello glitter which looks like rainbowy shredded plasticy stuff and crammed as much of it I could in the bottles. I added a touch of white rainbow glitter and some stars (though you don't really see it unless you look closely) and added clear glue. I took a eyescrew (I think that's what you call it) attached it to the cork and glued the cork to the bottle.
It's really fun and easy but very, very messy...I really should of done this outside.

Anyway, once I'm finished with this I'll post a picture, not too mention see if my homemade Phial of Galadriel, wards off any giant spiders.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Its beautiful! Great job!
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks! And it's finished!
A video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSPpynPjZdc

And I'm not sure if this is the right spot but here's a dragon in a bottle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFzWKY3mtO0
I had Smaug in mind when making this.

HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I am selling jewelry on ebay!!! I'm excited, I have a few things listed already, we'll see how this goes. Hopefully people will like my items.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Wow! All your jewelry is absolutely lovely Feyna!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you!

And HuldahMaria best of luck with selling your jewelry!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thats beautiful! And best of luck, Huldah!

Feyna, how did you learn to make jewlery?
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, from taking a few classes, and of course books.^^ Been making jewelry for years and years, though sadly, I can't remember what gave me the inspirational 'spark' that got me into jewelry making.

And look what I made! The One Ring bracelet!

Goodness! A lot of work...uhh, it isn’t backwards upside down or anything?

[Edited on 12/10/2013 by Feyna]
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Aaand I'm back again with more pretty things to show...

A clay hobbit door with Gandalf's rune.
https://www.deviantart.com/feynaskydancer/art/Hobbit-Door-with-Rune-Pendant-744848954

This was made when I was working with polymer clay for a while but sadly I'm no longer doing it any more.

[Edited on 02/08/2019 by Feyna]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email