Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post OOC: A Love That Binds
on: March 21, 2005 03:37
Hi! This is my fist official RPG! Welcome. This is a slightly scripted RPG, and there are only going to be a few people in here, so please ask before you join.

The story takes place when Rícellen, a young woman from Rohan, agrees to marry a man of Gondor (whom she's never met) to help her family financially. Rícellen is a spirited girl, and does not limit herself to the confines of a traditional female role. Berior, the man she marries, is a kind but overprotective man, who wants only to love, cherish and protect his wife.

Here's a list of characters we need and who will play them:

Berior- played by myself and you can view his bio in the DB.

Rícellen- VilyaTook

Rícellen's Father-

Rícellen's Aunt-

Berior's Father-

There may be room for additional characters, but that is up in the air. Please PM me or VilyaTook if you want to be a character other than the one's listed. Thank you!

[Edited on 22/3/2005 by Lady_Tolwen]
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC: A Love That Binds
on: March 22, 2005 08:22
Rícellen's profile can be found here.

And Berior's can be found here.

[Edited on 3/22/2005 by VilyaTook]
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 04:16
Okay, I've added Aaliyah to the DB. Her profile can be found here
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 03:20
Ok! I doubt we'll find other volnteers, but if there are, they can join if they let us know. Now about the wedding, has anyone read about weddings in ME? There's an article on this site somewhere, but I don't remember where. I was thinking we could do a wedding like that.
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 03:35
I know what one you're talking about. I can't find it either. I wish there was a Search on this site... Anyway, the weddings listed there were elven, so I think we can kinda fit together mortal and elven. The most important thing was the father of the bride taking her hand and placing it upon that of the groom. There's also the betrothal rings, but I don't think we need to worry about that, it was strictly elven. Another prominent feature is music and dance; the article said that they were included in every wedding.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 04:04
It's in the Last Homely House section. I just happened to be looking there and found it. And I agree about fitting together with the mortals, since after all, Berior is a Dúnedain, descended from elves and men.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 05:05
Do you by any chance know what the article is called? I want to read it, but I still can't seem to find it :rolleyes:

Do you guys think my portrayl of Rícellen and her family is alright? I wasn't quite sure how to convey the animosity between her and her aunt so it might have come out a little odd sounding.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 07:00
Yes, the portrayal is fine.The article is called Planning the Middle-earth Wedding in the Diversities section of the Last Homely House.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 08:57
Thanks. That's quite an interesting article. I agree with combining the traditions. Sounds cool to me.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 09:09
Ok, here's what I was thinking. When they have the wedding, they have the traditional wedding feast, and at the end, Berior's father and Rícellen's aunt join their hands. Perhaps Aaliyah can say a few words to bless the couple, with her being an esteemed member of Gondorian society as a healer. Then Maethor can give Rícellen a necklace, and Rícellen's family give Berior something, but it's not necessary because they are not from Gondor and have their own customs. Berior and Rícellen then reutrn their engagment rings (they received them during the marriage negotiations) and exchange gold bands, but wear them on the ring finger of the right hand instead of the index finger in Eldarin marriages. What do think? Too complicated? Not "human" enough? Let me know.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 09:24
It's not too complicated. I think it works out fine. Perhaps the gift from Rícellen's family can be a fine and noble steed?
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 06:27
Or break a barley cake over the couple's heads for good luck and give Berior an heirloom horn. Just an idea. Been doin' a lot of research on old wedding customs.
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 12:40
Cool! I like the idea of Aaliyah giving the blessing. So, where's this goin' after the wedding? I think Aaliyah and Rícellen should not get along. Rícellen seems very bold and outspoken, while Aaliyah has a quiet independence.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 02:19
I'm not exactly sure. So far all I have is the misadventures of married life. I like your idea that they don't get along. That can add to the story.

Update: After some thinking, I was thinking (LOL) that maybe after a couple of "misadventures of married life", Berior could be called to go to Rohan for some ambassadory mission.Ricellen wants to go to and goes in disguise. Her husband finds out half-way to Rohan, but before he can send her back, they are attacked by Easterlings. Like? Hate? let me know.

[Edited on 30/3/2005 by Lady_Tolwen]
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 02:53
That's cool, but then what is Aaliyah supposed to be doing during all of this?
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 11:50
Ummm.....Good question.....Hm, maybe she is chosen to go along since she is a healer and can heal anyone if the get sick. She also seems to have some influencial power in being a healer since the people trust her. And maybe she can instruct some of the healers in Rohan? It was just an idea afterall. I'm totally open to suggestions.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 11:58
Question! hey aelin, could you give me some info about Thalion and Aiden please? It would be a great convenience to me. Thank you.
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 03:03
Whoopsies! Sorry!

Thalion is directly related to the Steward (cousins of some sort), so he comes from a rich family. He is both a healer and a warrior. He lives in Minas Tirith, but his family also has an estate somewhere by the sea. (They're very rich, if you haven't gotten that yet...lol)

Aiden lives at an inn (a rather slummish one also) he is a thief for hire, and greatly sought after, cuz he's quite sneaky. Though a thief, he's poor cuz most of the stuff he steals, he steals for other people, some of which don't pay him. (he doesn't really mind this though, he likes stealing, he finds it fun) Unbeknowst to Aaliyah, what little he does get paid, he's been saving so he can marry her.

Question, what am I supposed to post at the moment? I really don't know whats up with the father dude...
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 01:01
Ah, thank you for the expaination, aelin. Just so you know Berior is a cousin of the Lord of Dol Amroth, so he's nobility too. As for Aaliyah, um, until Rícellen's father starts to deteriorate, why not make small talk? Like Ask him how Rochan (that's what Rohan was called at the time) was like.

And Vilya, just how far should the relationship between Berior and Rícellen develop befor her dad dies?
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 04:47
I'm not sure. I think she should at least be comfortable being around him and sharing his company, but not necessisarily in love with him yet.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 12:31
Hmmm....OK. Poor Berior. He's married and yet he can't get near his wife!
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 09:56
I know Perhaps he should have looked into his choice of a bride better?

Aelin, I'd be willing to take on another character if Aaliyah needs more people to interact with. Perhaps a friend of hers or of Aiden's?
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 12:44
LOL, well, it's not his fault his father coerced him into it.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 12:14
Heya Heya...
I was wondering again who I would be playing, I kinda forgot... But i'll check
I like the whole idea of this thread its fun!
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 02:59
Thanks Sigilien. I already Pmed you about that, did you get it?
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 02:00
Hey, what if when the get to Ithilien to retrieve the body, Rícellen's aunt had already given them permission to bury him there. So, he's already buried before she got there, and then she feels that everyone conspired against her, and then Berior has to return to his duties, so won't get to spend time to reassure her, and a couple of months later she finds she's carrying his child, which makes her even more scared , angry and vulnerable?
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 12:59
umm... well, thats okay, but with the child is a little soon to allready say yes, we should at first see how the relationship proceeds i think...
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2005 10:23
True, it would be a bit too early to tell, although it was the general plan (I think I mentioned it somewhwhere in an OOC quote in the forum.) . After things die down a bit and Rícellen and Berior have time to deepen their relationship, perhaps.

Also, I had mentioned that since Berior is the cousin of the Lord of dol Amroth, perhaps the Lord dies in a battle somewhere in the near furture and Berior is made the Lord of Dol Amroth? Just an idea, since there isn't any specific family tree of the Lords of Dol Amroth.....
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2005 11:45
sure
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email