Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Treason of Dol Guldur (unscripted and open!)(keep)
on: December 10, 2006 11:51
Amdir nodded, he knew Loswen would have to be told immdiately.
He went to his horse that was wandering around the camp and mounted him. He rode bareback, not wanting to put all the tack on his horse, and when he wasn't going to battle he usually rose bareback anyway.

After riding for a few hours or so Amdir saw a great host of warriors coming his way. "Good, they have been successful with gathering more troops." Amdir thought. He rode by them, not wanting to delay them from their need.

It took a day and a half for Amdir to arrive back to Rivendell.
He immdiately went out and sought Loswen, he did not want to waste any time.
"I believe Loswen is up in her room sir, please follow me." A maiden answered. Amdir thanked her then they made their way up to Loswen's room.
The maiden knocked on Loswen's door. "My lady, an elf warrior is here to speak with you." The maiden said. Loswen came to the door with a smile, expecting to see Lindar.
The smile faded as soon as she saw that it was not her brother.
"Come in sir." Loswen said. The maiden bowed and left.
"What brings you back here Amdir? I thought you were helping with the war." Loswen said. "I'm afraid I come bearing ill news." Amdir said. Loswen sat down, her face became a ghostly white. "Lindar has been slain." Amdir whispered sadly. "No, that can't be true." Loswen whispered. "I'm afraid it is my lady. I wish it were not true." Amdir said, then he turned to leave. "Please, tell me how he died." Loswen said. "I do not have the heart to tell you, my lady, the grief of his passing is too near." Amdir said sadly, the he walked out of the room.
He passed the maiden he had met earlier in the hallway. "Would you go and stay with Loswen? She will need much care in the next few days." Amdir said. The maiden nodded her head and immdiately made her way to Loswen's room.

Amdir mounted his horse and looked around at Rivendell before he took off down the road.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2006 07:25
Bain went through camp in the after noon. She was double cheking all the wounded.

She was making sure none had any lingering poison.
The warroirs often complained mildly but none refused to show Bain their wounds. The news that Lindar had died of poison had gone round the camp.

This took Bain most of the after noon.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 05:19
Ardinlas went through the rest of the day doggedly. It was a day of rest, but of preparation also. Mithlirian and Menelcar were to return soon, the half-elf knew, and there would be orders to give and numerous other things. Ardinlas was exhausted, but it didn't show on her face. She ran into Celebeth and muttered, "It would seem too quiet for my liking."

"The quiet before a storm," Celebeth replied, taking her hand in his and squeezing it gently. "Hebo estel, Ardinlas; we will be fine."

She nodded. "I should hope so."

-----

Hebo estel...have hope
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 07:42
Amdir stopped and rested his horse, he would be back to Mirkwood soon.
"Another day of riding." Amdir thought. He sat down and ate the little food he had left.
He set his horse loose and the horse grazed the green grass.
Amdir watched his horse walked around, he wondered how Loswen was doing.
She had taken it well when he was there.

That night just when Amdir laid down to sleep he heard the sound of horse hooves racing towards him.
Amdir stood and grabbed his sword. He stood ready.
Then two horses with maidens sitting on their backs rode in.
"I'm glad we caught up to you Amdir." Loswen said. "Loswen, what are you doing here?" Amdir asked.
"I came to help, I am good with healing plants. I can surely help the healers." Loswen said. "But it's not safe Loswen." Amdir said firmly. "Amdir, you and the other warriors have gone into this knowing there is danger, so have the other healers. I want to do something that will be worthwhile, something that I can do for the good of others, not just myself. I want to do what Lindar did. He fought for what he believed in and he did well." Loswen said, she smiled slightly. "When you put it that way I cannot tell you turn back." Amdir said, he smiled. Loswen was deffinately Lindar's sister, she had the same determination.
"Tell me who this maiden is." Amdir said. "This is my good friend Estelwen." Loswen said. Estelwen smiled. "Come and eat, you must be hungry." Amdir said, he went over and helped both maidens down.
"You don't need to worry, we have eaten. All we need is rest." Loswen said. Amdir nodded. "Do you have anything to sleep on? I have only one blanket but you may use it." Amdir said. "Please do not worry sir, we have brought our own supplies." Estelwen said, her voice was soft and beautiful. There was a deep beauty to Estelwen's voice.

Soon they had all prepared a place for themselves to sleep. They all fell asleep almost immdiately.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 10:00
In the evening Bain made arounds of the cots in the healing tent. within a day ot two all but one of these be back in the regular tents ready to fight again.

The two Bells spent much of the day talking. Young Bell still could not bring himself to tell his grandfather the truth about Bain. He still feared that it would cause bad blood betwwen them. His grand father had hated Bains father.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 12:39
By the next day Amdir, Loswen and Estelwen had arrived at the camp.
"You should report to the healers tent, its over there." Amdir said, pointing in the direction of the tent. Loswen and Estelwen dismounted and walked over to the tent.
Amdir went back to see the warriors that were now under his charge. He wanted them to be prepared for future battle.

Loswen and Estelwen walked into the tent. It was empty except for one elf. Loswen saw Bain and walked up to her. "We have come to help with healing wounded warriors." Loswen said. "I am Loswen, Lindar's sister. This is my friend Estelwen, she offers her abilities as well." Loswen said.
Estelwen looked around the tent. She knew this place would probably be full next time th enemy struck.
"What will you have us do first?" Estelwen asked, she was usually very quiet, she would notice everything, and yet she would not speak unless she had to.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2006 07:39
Baim smiled at the increase in healers.

She spoke softly, " I am Bain the most experienced healer here. " She clasped both their arms. As was her norm.

Then she continued. "As you can see there is not a lot to do until the next battle. Our one remaning inury will be leaving here tomorrow or the next day. But by all means look arund and mae your selves aware of where things are."

She stopped noticing for the first time paying attension to the way the females look. One of them seamed familiar some how.

Then she spoke again, "unless one of you had the for sight to bring some hebs." It was more of a statement then a question.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2006 08:58
"Unless one of you had the foresight to bring herbs."
Estelwen opened her pouch which was slung over her shoulder. "I have brought some athelas, I found it on our way over." Estelwen said in her small, sweet voice. She handed the athelas to Bain.
Loswen walked around the tent, seeing where everything was. Then she decided she wanted to see where Lindar had been buried.
"I hope you will excuse me." Loswen said, she quickly left. Estelwen looked after her, she understood what she was going to do.

"Amdir, do you know where Lindar was buried?" Loswen asked. "Yes, I'll take you if you like." Amdir said. "No, just tell me where it is. I want to be alone." Loswen said. "As you wish my lady." Amdir said. Then he told her where Lindar and other warriors had been buried. Loswen left immdiately.

When she came there her eyes welled with tears. "I've come to help too Lindar." Loswen said as she dropped flowers on his grave. "I want to do what you have done. I don't want to stay hidden in a sanctuary when I could be of some help in this war." Loswen said. She knelt down by his grave. "I miss you." Loswen whispered.

Bain and Estelwen had been walking around, Bain was showing Estelwen around. Then they saw the graves, though they were far from where they stood. The moonlight shone so brightly you could see very far.
Estelwen saw Loswen and felt a tear roll down her cheek. She could see Bain making the connection between Lindar and Loswen. They looked alike, but of course they had their differences.
Estelwen smiled a sad smile. "We had best leave her alone." Estelwen said.

(I thought this would be a good place for Bain to make a connection that Lindar abd Loswen are brother and sister. Hope thats okay.)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 19, 2006 12:56
Ardinlas had seen the two mounted figures ride into camp, and curious as to who these people might be, she followed them. Bain led them to where Lindar was buried, and Ardinlas saw one of the figures kneel by the mound that was her old friend's. Coming up behind Bain, the half-elf asked softly, "Have I disturbed something here, or might I ask what is going on and who are these maids?" Her tone was kind, and for once, her fiery eyes were calm. This was a place of sadness and memories; Ardinlas knew from experience the pains grief caused by death can entail.

----------------------

About thirty orcs watched the sad scene from the shade of the forests. Thirty strong bows were notched with arrows, and the lines were drawn taut, all aimed at one of the four maidens that stood in the glade.

(If this doesn't work for anyone's ideas, I can change.)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2006 04:22
(This is great!)

Loswen stood again. She saw Ardinlas. "Hello friend, I am Loswen and this is my good friend Estelwen. We have come to help the healers." Loswen said, she wiped away a tear.
Then Loswen saw Estelwen suddenly tense up. "Estelwen, whats wrong?" Loswen asked. "The enemy is here." Estelwen whispered. Loswen looked around, she did sense something was near.
"Run!" Estelwen burst out. She pushed Loswen and other out of the way.
A rain of arrows came down just as they moved out of the way. Loswen gasped. She looked at Estelwen, she had been wounded slightly. "Estelwen, are you alright?" Loswen asked. "I'm fine, go warn the warriors!" Estelwen shouted, she had never raised her voice at Loswen before.
Loswen quickly jumped up, she began to help Estelwen up but Estelwen pulled her arm free. "I said go and warn the warriors!" Estelwen shouted. Loswen turned and ran towards the tents. "Amdir! The enemy is here!" Loswen shouted.
Amdir was up in a second and he quickly got his warriors.
They immdiately went after the orcs, but they had seemed to disappear.
Estelwen had pulled the arrow out of her arm. "I had better look at your wound Estelwen." Loswen said, she sat her down on a cot.
Estelwen soon had her arm wrapped. It had not been poisoned and she would be fine. "What do you think that was all about?" Loswen asked. "Why were they going to shoot at us?" Loswen asked. "I don't know, but I think they were after Ardinlas." Estelwen said, she gave Ardinlas a knowing look. "You are one of our leaders, I think they know that Lindar died. I believe they are out to destroy the leaders of our army so that our army will slowly fall into ruin." Estelwen said, she knew it sounded crazy but she wanted to speak her mind, and she knew this was something important.

(I hope this is okay, if its not I'll edit.)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 20, 2006 07:55
(Everything is great!!!)

Ardinlas inclined her head as Estelwen's words. "I am not surprised. I suppose I have had a date of death with them for a long time," she said. With a rueful smile, she added, "It will take a lot to kill me, however, as they will find out." She looked at the three elves. "I shall see you all soon. I must speak with Celebeth and see what he wants me to do. If you need me for anything, look for my horse, Shadow. That one." She nodded her head towards the great white horse that was galloping towards her. He halted in front of her, and with a deft movement, Ardinlas mounted Shadow. "Be careful...all of you. I do not want any more deaths from my comrades." With a soft word, Ardinlas urged Shadow toward the elven commander who was running for his own mount.

"Celebeth!" Ardinlas cried, pulling Shadow up alongside of him. The elf looked her way, shock on his face.

"I know that the enemy are back, but much sooner than I have hoped. Take full command of who you will; that is about the only thing we can do," Celebeth replied, mounting his bay and taking up the reins skillfully.

Ardinlas nodded and grouped together the archers that were slowly preparing for battle. "Come now, friends!" she shouted as they scurried about. "I know it is soon for them to be back, but we must stop them at all costs."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2006 08:13
Amdir and his warriors had moved out and were searching area.
"Amdir!" An elf shouted. The elf was shot down before he could reach Amdir. "Attack!" Amdir shouted. They charged after the orc archers.
They fought for a short time, then Amdir heard Ardinlas and Celebeth. "More troops have come!" Amdir shouted to his elves.
The fight raged on for a long time, but slowly the orcs drew back. "Push forward elves!" Amdir shouted. The elves pushed the orcs back and the orcs knew they were losing numbers faster than the elves were, so they fled.
The orcs were followed for a long way, being struck down.
"Halt, we should not follow them any longer, they could be leading us into a trap." Amdir said. Then Amdir turned to Ardinlas and Celebeth. "Are you both alright?" Amdir asked.

Soon they were back at the camp. A few elves went to the healers, but not many. Loswen began taking care of the elves immdiately. Estelwen helped too, but her arm was still sore from the arrow that had wounded her.
"How came you to be wounded? You are much to fair to fight in war." An elf aksed Estelwen. "I was trying to save Ardinlas, orcs were about to shoot her, so I pushed her out of the way. I ended up with an arrow in my arm, but it does not hurt too much." Estelwen explained. "You are very brave." The elf said. "Thank you." Estelwen said quickly. She quickly finished wrapping his wounds and walked away. She felt her cheeks burning red. Estelwen was a very shy maiden, not liking to talk a lot, so when she was called brave she was quite surprised. She had never been called brave by any male elf before, she never even thought she was brave. "Oh this is a silly thing to think about. I have work to do." Estelwen thought. She immdiately began tending the wounded again, forgetting about what had just happened.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2006 09:11
((rushes to catch up ))

Bain had learned her lesson about going about unarmed before.
So when the newcomers started walking she made sure her sword and bow and quiver were on her back.

She was shocked at the one elleth response to Lindar's grave, but it did explain the way she looked she was related to lindar, there was no doubt.

When the arrow flew through the air and caught Estelwen. in the arm Bain had drew her bow from the back and covered the retreating elleth she know with 3 healers now in camp her duty was to fight.
she took out several orcs as they retreated. Then when the troops headed out she was with the other archers.
Through the battle and the chase.

She was one of the last to turn back.

----
Old Bell helped the elleth with the wounded.

Most were being already being treated by time Bain entered the tent.

Old Bell glared at her but said nothing.

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 31, 2006 05:02
Ardinlas looked at Amdir and nodded her agreement. "We will not follow them," she said to those under her command. "Amdir is right; a trap would prove fatal to us. Let them come to us if they want to battle."

A disturbance was caused when two figures galloped into camp with other riders behind them. Ardinlas recognized the blood-bay and the light bay horses. "Mithlirian! Menelcar!" she cried, riding toward them on Shadow. "Welcome back!"

Mithlirian halted his horse Aoreth in front of the snowy white horse. "We brought back about thirty reinforcements. Do you think that will work?" he asked Ardinlas as Celebeth came riding towards them.

"I hope so," Ardinlas replied. "We have just sent the enemy scurrying not a moment ago. You have come just in time."

Celebeth looked over all of those that had come, mainly a force of men, with approval. "I thank you, Mithlirian, Menelcar, for bringing more aid for us here," the elf said, looking at each of the pair in turn.

There was still a danger of the enemy, but for the first time in a while, Ardinlas thought that they just might succeed after all.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 01:10
Bain checked the wounded from the battle and most were sent back to there own beds and told to rest till morning.

There were only 2 new injured that Bain felt needed to stay in the healing area.

Old Bell was not looking happy but for once did not say any thing in front of the new elleth.

With only 3 remaining injured total there was no need for 4 healers to stay in the tent.

After Bain was done old Bell approached her obviously choosing his words carefully, " I wish to make sure that you were not injured in this battle. I Plainly remember the last battle you fought in. You did not get yourself treated and nearly bled to death."

Bain sighed, "I am fine" the words were barely out of her mouth when an orc slipped in under the back side of the tent and lept to his feet going straight for the 3 badly linjured ellons who could not defend themselves. there had been an over site and there was no gaurd on duty in the tent just now,

------
ellon (male elf) elleth (femaile elf)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 11:43
The group of about a hundred enemies made their way to towards the vulnerable camp. They were silent, not given to making noise. The fools that had preceded them had been horrible fighters. These were more venerable enemies, and those in the approaching camp would be taken by surprise.

-------------------------------------------------------

Ardinlas looked over the reinforcements. They seemed happy and eager to battle. She glanced at Mithlirian, one of her closest and oldest friends. "You did well, mellon," she said approvingly, smiling slightly for the first time in a long time. "We will be ready for them when they return."

Mithliriain noted that Ardinlas used the word when and not if. There was no doubt that the enemy would return, the only question was when. And unbeknownst to those in the camp, danger was approaching them at that very moment.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 09:52
Amdir sat down and tried to relax before they did anymore fighting.
Then he caught something in the air, an unfamiliar smell. It was evil.
Amdir stood and walked over to Ardinlas. "I sense something is not right. We must stay ready." Amdir warned.
Then suddenly his elven ears caught a sound. "They are here." Amdir whispered.
Then they were suddenly attacked. Amdir pulled out his sword and began to fight.

Loswen and Estelwen peeked out of the healers tent to see what was upon them. They both gasped at the sudden attack of evil creatures.
Loswen moved away from the opening and looked around for a sword. She found one laying on the ground.
She picked the sword up just as some of the enemies rushed in.
Estelwen screamed and jumped back, she ran to the back of the tent. She had no weapon to help her.
Loswen pointed her sword at them.
The enemies laughed at her. "She thinks she can kill us?" The first one asked.
Then the orcs rushed at her. She stabbed one and cut another.
This only made them angry. "Help!" Loswen screamed, hoping someone would hear their cry.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 05:57
Bain rushed forward at the yelling. She drew her sword smoothly and with skill of one long practiced using it.

As she approached Estelwen she past her the dager hanging at her side. "Keep an eye out for some to come in the back way. Defend the wounded. Ill help your friend deal with thiese 2."

Then she moved on to the entrance and swung at the first orc without mercy. Within a few swing Bain found an opening and her sword took out the orcs neck.

----

Old Bell still had his dager as well and he was walking around the back of the tent.

THe back of the tent was pulled up and an orc came in.

He yelled, "we will take care of this one." As he stabbed it in the neck.

He hoped the new elleth would help him.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email