Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I have to say that when I got "addicted" to online collaborative Role Playing in 1999, it was crazy enjoyable, and a few good tales were woven through to the years 2002. It then seemed to lose some of it's appeal to me as it seemed the storylines became more the rapid fire and in my opinion, shallow. the speed seemed more important than the content. Anyway, I had periodically tried to get back in through the years, but had put most of my efforts writing my own tales myself, or with one other writer. I had created so many Middle Earth outlines and characters through the years that I have either used very little, or not used at all, planning on writing them into a tale sometime.

It wasn't until I got involved in a thread called 'Fog of Osgiliath' here on Council of Elrond, that I again felt that electric arc again. That RP was a bit of a dogs breakfast though, and I couldn't commit to writing it well, so had to remove my character from it. Now, Im'neck-deep in Darkest of Days with some of the finest RP writers I had the pleasure to work with in a tale.

So yeah, I do the 'addict' thinks again, like checking for posts in the story and OOC thread, and maybe having a chat with the other writers by PM or the chatbox. Sometimes its tough to keep up getting my own posts done, and I'm again guilty of skiving at work to write RP posts (disguised as an email), etc.

I would like to acknowledge the great co-writers of Darkest of Days, for helping me resurrect my RP muse! In no particular order:

• Eruwestiel_Evensong
  • Cenor
  • Naurmaethor
  • ItarildeSirfalas
  • Eldarion (for starting both of these RPs)

• Off to write up post outlines..

[Edited on 02/21/2015 by Arveleg]
    Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
    Members Online
    Print Friendly, PDF & Email