Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Writers! (Not of FanFics)
on: November 13, 2006 12:01
I enjoy writing. I'm in nanowrimo, too, but I'm pretty certain I'm not going to finish. Here's to trying, though.
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 05:51
I like to write. Nothing published, yet...
I write anything from fantasy to real life stories. I just like to write!!! :love:
Usually I make a charecter or (several) and then make up a problem to go with them.
I usually have a problem with writer's block...I lose interest in certain stories after a while. Someday I'll finish them all...
most of them...
maybe some of them
I'm hoping to get published someday. We'll just have to wait and see.
Do you think being a good reader has anything to do with being a good writer?
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2011 09:55
I love writing! My cousin and I are currently writing a shared book that's taken off to a good start! I write fantasy almost exclusively (Because Dragons and Elves are fun to write!) 8 Poems, 9 novels, 3 shortstorys, 4 fanfics... That is, if I can get around writer's block
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
CrimsonCupcake
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2011 11:48
*cheers for writing*

Hihi! I love writing too. I started with fanfiction but am now writing original fiction/novels. (Actually, I participate in NaNoWriMo which speeds up my writing speed by like a billion percent).

I am attempting to publish a novel. Haha. Not working.
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2011 10:35
I don't remember if I've already posted here or not but, here we go!
I love to write! I don't know what I would do without my dear charries(characters) and my imagination. It makes life so full and endearing and exciting!
In answer to your question 'What is the best way to start a book?': ACTION! I love action! Or at least highly interesting dialogue. I love dialogue. Dialogue and action, thats my writing world. I have a website and wiki where I post my stories and bios of my charries. Feel free to snoop around!

http://indilwensstories.wikispaces.com/

http://indilwenstreehouse.webs.com/

Eantylië
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Writers! (Not of FanFics)
on: April 07, 2012 02:43
I do some writing at times. I haven't really finished anything yet, but I'm working on a book and i'm planning to do more. Really nice to see so many interested in writing here
rachelriderofrohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2012 09:23
I love writing stories. Right now I'm working on a novel but I have writer's block
Call Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2012 04:34
I love writing. Its exciting and a great way to get your creative juices flowing. I am currently working hard on a FanFic on this site and a story like LotR on a different one
~It is best to love first what you are fitted to love, I suppose: you must start somewhere and have some roots.~
CEOofawesome
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2012 03:07
I think writing is awesome. I have one Sci-fy I started. For me the problem is the characters names, writers block for problems doesn't last long with me. But names. Aggghh! They are so hard fore.
yes I regret my user name no I am not that full of myself
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: October 15, 2012 06:53
Anyone thinking of doing NaNoWriMo this year then?
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
CEOofawesome
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2012 09:21
Maybe if I knew what NaNoWriMo was... Heard a lot of it I should figure out what it is!
LadyBrooke
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2012 08:43
NaNoWriMo is a month long challenge in November to write 50,000 words, for a general overview. It allows any genre of fictional novel to be written, including fanfic. It's a lot of fun, as long as you approach it with the right mindset (at least to me).

I did it last year, wrote an original fantasy story. This year, I'm going to do a fanfic (which is off topic for this post, so I won't go into that).
CEOofawesome
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2012 11:04
Sounds cool. I don't think I could do 50,000 words in a month cause I get bored of writing. I love developing the story, then working. Then I get bored and come back later with more things to add to the story. Maybe in a year or to I might feel like taking on this NaNoWriMo. Oh, and just to make it clear just cause I get bored of writing every know and then doesn't mean I don't like writing. Writing can create some of the most awesome stuff ever!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I love writing! Just something about weaving a story and making it come to life has an attraction to me. However, I'm not very good at it. I have one short story right now. But I haven't worked on it for a while...writer's block. And then my other problem is thinking up something that would be really awesome in a story but failing to think up a whole plot. Or sometimes I think up a character but not a story for them to be in.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
TofuFishy
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth_Ravenlock, don't say that! Remember that even Tolkien's first drafts were probably pretty bad. If you keep practicing and you keep trying, then eventually something will fall into place. "Not very good" only means "ready for improvement" so stay optimistic or else I'll kick ya!

As for myself, oh boy oh boy. Do I adore writing! I've been working on an idea I have for years and this year I have finally been able to try to put it onto paper. I did once before, in the form of a script, but I trashed that. I think my story is more suited for books than for TV or anything. It's also gotten me to write poetry--something I don't usually do at all unless I have to for an assignment or something. It's high fantasy and the plot is kind of scattered but I'm getting there.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
TofuFishy, do you mind if I send my story to you? I would like someone's honest opinion of it, and if there is something wrong with it, and if so, what is wrong with it and all that stuff.

And how delightful that your story is cooperating better now! I hope it goes well for you!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
TofuFishy
Council Member
Send Message
Of course you can! I'd be happy to have a read and it's always a nice thing to help others out. And thank you! I do hope I can actually finish this one. If i had a penny for every book that I started but didn't finish I could buy everyone on this forum a mansion and a pet horse!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, thank you!

Wow, that's a lot of unfinished stories...you should compile all of them and publish it in a story starter book lol.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You could do that! In case anyone is wondering, there is also a writers thread in the Prancing Pony under the Off Topic section of the forums
Im still a-lookin' for a publisher.......
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email