Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
Post "Going Home" (semi scripted; permission by PM)
on: September 18, 2005 04:52
The basic plotline is as follows:

During the period after Gollum's finding of the ring, Sauron was already beginning to develop an army to defeat Middle Earth when the time came that the ring was found. The capture of elves was carried on as frequently as possible and they were tortured and destroyed, creating the orcs needed by Sauron to build his army. One of these elves had been tortured for many centuries and made an ugly and deformed creature, looking much like the other orcs. However, he had managed through all the evil done to him to retain his soul...his pure elvish soul. When the war of the ring ended and Sauron destroyed, his minions ran from Mordor, disappearing into the wilderness. Gwathur ran with them but his primary goal was to return to Imladris, where he hoped healing could be found for the desecration of his physical self. He first began his trip by stopping at villages for food and supplies, only to find the people running from him in fear and horror. It was in a small shop in one of these villages that he saw in a small mirror that hung on a wall what he had become and knew he could only reach Imladris by hiding during the day and at night, stealing what he needed along the way. When first he is seen, he is hiding in a small barn belonging to a poor farmer in the outlying land of Gondor, between Minas Tirith and Edoras, exhausted, hungry and in despair.

We have the characters of the orc/elf, the child who finds him and an elf who joins them along Gwathur's return to Imladris. Others are welcome but only if they have PM'd me first for permission to join. We want no bad spelling or oneliners in this thread. Thank you.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
Post RE: "Going Home" (semi scripted; permission by PM)
on: September 18, 2005 05:45
Yay, bereth!! :wave:

Thanks for letting me be 'on board'!!
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 07:17
Hey Granny!

Why didn't you tell me you had a new idea? ^^ Just kidding; we've both been busy.

I wanna join!! Who would you like me to play?
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 07:45
Hi baby girl...
Have you read any of the thread yet? It's in TR. Sure you can join....you know how I feel about your skills. I don't know who you can play as right now it's limited to Rhyanna and Gwathur. However, they are going to leave for Imladris together soon (more or less). I don't know whether any of Rhyanna's family will find out about him but that's a good possibility. Maybe another of Rhy's family will join them...brother home on leave? Sister? I don't know.....

Gwennie...
What do you think? Make sense to you? I like the idea of having Aeldrid coming home on leave, finding out his sister has been missing for several hours, tracking and chasing after his little sister and the orc/elf and catching up with them within miles of the house, then deciding to go with them when he hears Gwathur's story.

Would that do for you, Jaid??? Or do you have any other thoughts?
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 08:41
Certainly it does to me - and I can just see Rhyanna's family in a panic! :dizzy:

Whether that works for whatever char you'd like to play, Jaid, would be up to you, though, I think.

But, heh, would panic Gwathur too, just to be discovered.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 08:59
Hey -berethedhellen
I love your thread... so if you still want me to join, just say so.
Telerea could meat up with your characters on the road - or I could use anouther character.....

let me know....
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 03:58
Sure, that'll work just fine!

Just give me the needed info on Aeldrid. ^^
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 04:00
But of course, honey child...I was already counting you in from our IM conversation. We were planning on meeting you along the road as soon as we leave the farm. Well, as soon as Jaid jumps in as possibly Rhyanna's brother tracking her down. Then there will be three guiding Gwathur to Imladris and would be a good time to meet up with another elf (you) who might know how healed he can be if he gets back home...or something. LOL
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 04:29
Yay!! Oh this is SO going to be good!!

*folds hands and waits patiently for 'my turn' to come 'round again* :angel:
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 04:11
Sorry about not having read the first post properly...
it was late when I replyed...

anyway, glad to be on board!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 06:57
Hey my dear friends!

Um, lol, Tulcendor (Gwathur) has presented everyone with a small 'problem': Horses don't like orcs.

So... either he will walk all the way (and upset dear Rhyanna mightily,, lol!), or somehow - at least *one* of the horses has got to be calmed enough for Tulca to ride.

bereth and I have discussed it a small bit... and wondered about either Aeldrid's battle-trained horse, or Telerea's gentle, and specially-trained mount.

:feedback:
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 07:04
I think I solved the problem....
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 07:27
You sure did!!!! It was the perfect answer!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 03:02
LOL!!

Indeed you did! The Elvish Horse-Whisperer!! :hug:
gwendeth
Send Message
on: October 21, 2005 04:38
Okay... so now that we've solved the 'horsie' problem and are on the road, what next? A night or two of peaceful travel and some chatting between chars?

Perhaps some bad orcs can show up in a couple of nights for a bit of 'fun'? Thoughts?

Jaid/Liswen - any idea when either of you will have a chance to post again? lol *gwen's fingers are 'itching' to keep going* :rolling:

Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2005 06:17
I've been waiting to post - but I'm kind of at a loss what to post right now.... maybe if I had some prompts - otherwise, I guess I could call that writers block - I'm at a dead end right now....

We are on our way.... but what could Telerea do and say right now - I have no idea at the moment.... so if any of you do - feel free to help

and gwendeth - I'm looking forward to some bad orcs - and being injured so that Telerea has to be taken care of - there would be a lot to write then....

maybe we should try with another MSN session
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 04, 2005 08:36
To all players:

If you wish to continue as a member of this thread, I have some requests to make which I'd like all of you to read.

1. Please post a minimum of one post per week, preferably two a week when the plot has become particularly active.

2. Carefully read the posts that precede yours and respond to those posts (i.e. questions asked, comments made, directions/locations given, etc.). Please make your posts at least two or three paragraphs long and try to include something conversationally interactive with the other players so they have something to respond to in turn.

3. If you feel you cannot do either of the above, please find a way to gracefully exit your character(s) from the thread (i.e. send them home or on a mission, have them sicken or be slain, etc.) However you wish to do it, remove them from the core group.

We have been having problems due to the above three steps not being done. For one thing, other players cannot continue when their fellow players do not post for long periods of time. The thread basically comes to a screeching halt. Further, it also makes it difficult for other players when you do not read carefully the preceding post as to what has been said or where the characters are currently located and thus respond in confusing ways without following the conversations or place the characters in places where they are not. Worse is a short post that is not conversational and interactive with the other players and does not offer an opening for other players to interact in return.

If anyone has a problem with this, PM me, but I have to tell you now, I will not be sympathetic. I like threads that move along smoothly and regularly and where the players are playing with each other and not by themselves, ignoring the other players (and their posts) entirely.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email