Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
Post Unfinished Logbook
on: October 08, 2005 07:35
This one is for you guys. Why do you want to read 'Unfinished Tales' with the Book Club? How do you like it? What have you learned? What has helped? What song or movie helps you understand something - or the other way around: what song or movie does a story remind you of? Or you can just tell us mods how much you love us
AinarielPalantir
Maiden of Nienna and Éomer`s Loyal Puppy
Send Message
Post RE: Unfinished Logbook
on: October 10, 2005 08:04
I love you Fig. And I love you Atalante and Nienna and PHf. Very much You are the best for making the Book Club possible.

And because of that, and also a bit because I think this the best way ever to read anything, I'm joining the Book Club again

I didn't find UT as hard as the Sil the first time I read it because it's not one story but I'm sure reading what others think will help me understand the book better. I remember there were these short weird pieces of story and things he had planned to do that are totally different from what ended up to the Sil and I'm looking forward to reading what others think of those.

I'm excitedly looking forward to getting started :disco: :disco:
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2005 08:02
My reasons for reading with the Book Club are that it broadens my view of what was written, helps me to better comprehend and to put it simply I love reading the various comments and views from other readers. This all helps bring out things that otherwise might not have been thought of... somtimes reading the text in a totally different light.

Thank you Figwit, Atalante, Nienna and PHf for all your work and making this possible. :heart::love: :cheers:
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2005 04:53
I always wanted to partcipate in the book club and Unfinshed Tales happens to be one of my fav books written by Tolkien.
Figwit
Send Message
on: October 15, 2005 11:01
Okay, I'm doing this mainly because you guys all voted for UT last time round (blergh), but I only read the book twice so far (once from my own free will and the second time preparing for the BC), and right now I'm really excited to learn new stuff! There are so many questions that pop up in my head when I start reading, I'm hoping it'll be as much fun as the two previous times , if not more!
Calaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2005 03:40
"Unfinished Tales" are a great supplement to both "Silmarilion" & "LOTR", showing the most important things omitted in the other books like the Battle at the Gladden Fields, Istari or the tales of Galadriel & Celeborn and providing new light on the characters and events that we already know. I really love that book!
freya
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2005 07:12
i enjoy the questions and comments sumitted by other readers. i was a lit major in college and have always enjoyed groups discussing books. It broadens one's perspective and enhances enjoyment.

"Unfinished Tales" fleshes out "The Silmarillion" and brings a new dimension to understanding LOTR.

Keep up the good work!
Figwit
Send Message
on: December 28, 2005 12:43
I'm in love with Erendis! In a figurative way, of course. I can't believe that last time I only skimmed through this book - the tale of Túrin was already amazing, and I just love Aldarion & Erendis...
lanelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2006 03:15
I always remember the part in Unfinished Tales where, after the war of the Ring, Gandalf and Gimli are talking about what happened in the Hobbit, and how Gimli says he was "Too young, being only 50 or so at the time." It was helpful because it gives you some perception of how long dwarves live.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email