Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
Post Isengard Unleashed-Part 1-A New Power Rising OOC
on: December 28, 2005 05:48
Okay, I've started another ooc. Hopefully this one goes a little further than the last one. I've decided on starting another ooc because the rp is really starting to form into a true plot. Also we need to start discussing future characters and ideas if we are to keep this rp going.

I(or someone else if they want to do it) am going to start a list of all the characters we have so far, and who we are going to bring in Part 2, and who's playing them.

I hope you all like the name for Part 1. No one was posting any ideas, so I just picked one. Does anybody have an idea for a Part 2 name?

I don't know about you guys, but this ooc sounds really civilized. It's starting to creep me out a bit.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Isengard Unleashed-Part 1-A New Power Rising OOC
on: December 31, 2005 09:53
((Sorry for the delay. Been meaning to post in here for a while!))

I don't know about you guys, but this ooc sounds really civilized. It's starting to creep me out a bit.

LOL Ariel! A good OOC and rpg is always like that I think. That's a good thing, believe me!

In order to come up with a name I think we should first think exactly which part of the story this will tell. For example because this was the first (of hopefully many more!) part then 'A New Power Rising' is very appropriate and I like it very much. I am assuming you came up with this name through watching TT and choosing that phrase from Saruman's line as a cool name. And I completely agree. So perhaps we should just brainstorm a few quick ideas in here. I unfortunately have none at this present moment so I shall think about it and get back to you later about it.

Now to the list of characters- well I would be happy to do that so I volunteer my services! lol ((Maybe that sounds a bit too civilized, huh? j/k)) Anyway I can make the list just give me a shout and tell me if that would be ok.

Well earlier on I believe someone suggested that I could bring my character Merithan into the rpg. I wish to do so but I feel like I would have too many characters then. I have Legolas, Grima, Eowyn and if I played him I would then have 4. Would that still be ok? I would love to bring him into the rpg but if you think that I would be having too many characters then let me know, please.

Namarie,
~Arwen
Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2005 10:04
Thanks. I was thinking about naming it something else, but I couldn't spell what it was and spell check doesn't check titles.

If it's okay with everyone else, then you could do the list if you want.

About the to many character thing, I don't think it matters if you have fifty characters, as long as you can keep track off them all. I have Ravasha, Saruman, Reba, and Jona( I also have an urik for the moment) and if I am starting to get confused I take one out a bit. I haven't posted with Jona or Saruman for awhile, so I brought someone else back. So the moral of this story is, I think it's alright for you to have more characters.lol

Legadriel is on vacation till after New Years, so she won't be posting for a little while. Just thought I'd fill you in on that.

Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 08:55
I have to ask you guys a few questions that we're going to need to make decisions on.

1) In the battle of Helm's Deep do you want to go by the book, or the movie? Do you the elves come or not? If the elves come, it would be a good time to bring some new elvish characters, but new characters could also come in without the elves.

2) This is jumping ahead, but do you want to have Saruman die like in the movie, or the book. If Saruman dies like in the book we can stretch the story out more. Or do you even want him to die, I don't care.

3) This is really jumping ahead. If we get this far, do you want part 2 to end at the victory at Helm's Deep, or when they get back to Edoras. I don't have any suggestions for this one.

I figured that we get some things out of the way before it reaches that point and we don't know what to do. If you have any other questions please ask.
Dire
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 10:58
I think that's a good idea as long as you don't feel overwhelmed arwen.

1. Either way works for me but if we go by the book someone must let me know what happened. (I've never read any of these books before.) And I was wondering if anyone would mind I control a few of the Uruk and orc characters. (hehe what can I say, I luvs em.)

2. I like the book idea if we can stretch the rp out. (how does he die in the book.) Sorry guys.

3. This one I'm not sure about... It would seem easier just to start part two at the end of the battle but I dunno.
Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 12:32
In the book the elves don't come. It's just the men of Rohan.

In the book he's in the Shire and Grima cuts his throat after Saruman kicks him in the face. Saruman also tries to stab Frodo, but Frodo is wearing mithril(sp).

[Edited on 1/1/2006 by Ariel~the~Black]
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 07:41
I really don't think Saruman should die like in the book if he dies at all....that's just way too far ahead of the time we're on...and we don't play any hobbits...

as for the Helm's Deep...either way, doesn't bother me...and I'd like some orcs characters too...muhahahaha!
Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 07:48
I have to agree with you,sis, on the whole Saruman dieing thing. We're going to have to think of something cuz I think that when Saruman dies in the movie is way to early.

Lol. If you guys wanna play orcs and uriks, that's fine with me.

We still could use some ideas on a name for Part 2.

Arwen has volunteered to make a list of characters for us, we just need to tell her who's playing who. All in favor of her making the list, say "I"!
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 07:53
"Aye!" LOL

And I'm not sure we can think of a title for part two until we finish part one..or figure out when we finish part one. It could sstart with the battle of helm's deep? Then we could name it, Helm's Deep...whatever
Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 10:41
I thought we already agreed that Part 1 was going to end when Gandalf "heals" Theoden. Now that I think about it, maybe it should end after Theodred's funeral.

That brings up something else: Who is going to be the last to post?
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 02:49
That's easy! You! LOL I think you should have the last post, sis.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 06:13
That's easy! You! LOL I think you should have the last post, sis.

1) I think it would be cool to perhaps have some elven characters... although it altogether depends on what we all vote! Hey that's an idea, why not have a poll?

2) I think that he definitely dies too early in the movies although I think we should not go by the book for the simple reason which someone mentioned before, which was, we don't have hobbit characters. I think this rpg should just focus on Isengard and Rohan (at least that's what I thought it was...) therefore it would be nice to just keep our characters human, Rohirrim...if you know what I mean? Apart from of course playing Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf, Saruman etc... perhaps we could have him die like in the book although it is sooner than in the book?

3) I think that it would be nice if part 2 ends with the end of the battle of Helm's Deep. You know like in the movie? Just an idea...

I don't really have any ideas for names although how about: The Board Is Set
or- The Pieces Are Moving
or- (for pt 3... if we ever get that far! hopefully we do!)- The Battle For Middle Earth is About To Begin

Those are just a few quick ideas. I think we should definitely use a line or quote or phrase from the movie or book that holds significance to what that part of the story contains.

Well shall I start on the character list then?

Namarie,
~Arwen
Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 12:57
Those are good ideas for names. If we get...let's say 3 more we can hold a vote on which is better.

Let the character list begin!
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 03:11
I think we should definitely use a line or quote or phrase from the movie or book that holds significance to what that part of the story contains.

I like that idea. I also thought about those phrases because they were very significant.

Character List~

Mitchell King~male, rohirric, soldier

Raith of Gondor~female, gondorian, friend of Boromir who followed the fellowship from a distance

Alahandra~female, rohiric, Mitchell's lover who left for Gondor with her Captain brother

((Is that what you were wanting?))
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 06:29
Yeah that's great Legadriel! Here is the list so far then:

Current Made-up Characters List

Legadriel

Mitchell King~male, rohirric, soldier

Raith of Gondor~female, gondorian, friend of Boromir who followed the fellowship from a distance

Alahandra~female, rohiric, Mitchell's lover who left for Gondor with her Captain brother

((I'm going to bring one of my characters in later so I'll add him once he's in action in the rpg. Who else has made ups, what about yours Ariel?))

Tolkien Characters List

arwen_the_evenstar- Eowyn, Legolas, Grima

Ariel~the~Black- Saruman, ???

Dire- Eomer, ???

Legadriel- Anyone?

I can't remember some of the members who are playing other Tolkien characters so I'll check the rpg from the beginning and edit this list as appropriate.

Namarie,
~Arwen
Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 12:31
((Where's Dire?))
I guess I'm the last post then. I'm perty sure what it's going to be, but I'm not to sure.

My chara's:

Reba- female, rohiric, servent of the King and the Lady Eowen

Ravasha-female, istari, trieing to save Middle-Earth

Jona- male, rohiric, rider of Rohan

I think that's all. Legadriel as Gandalf as a Tolkien Character. I might have Pip later. If the rest are okay, me and Legadriel play a great Merry and Pippin. But that's if you guys are okay with it and if you, sis, want to be Merry.

I think I know how Saruman could die. I have a chara(not in the DB, but what I use in my stories I right) that is with the Dark Lord, but wants all the Istari dead. What do you guys think, would that be a goos way for him to die?

[Edited on 6/1/2006 by Ariel~the~Black]
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2006 06:37
((I suppose Merry is in Rohan, isn't he?))

Yes, I play Gandlaf...which I'm bringing in in my post...ummmm....I'm gonna go post now
Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 10:54
Okay, I edited my last post in here and put what might be a good idea. I really would like to know where Dire is at this moment, for we need her. I think I'll go pm her right now.

[Edited on 6/1/2006 by Ariel~the~Black]
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2006 09:06
Yeah, we've got to get her to post...he characters are very popular at the moment. LOL
Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2006 10:54
Okay, Dire isn't replying to my pm, and I've also noticed that Arwen isn't posting. So for now here's what we are going to do. Arwen(if your still here) you get Braxen. Legadriel, you get Aragorn and Eomer since you don't have a lot of characters. These characters will be returned to Dire if and when she returns. Any objections?

Also, since no one is responding to my idea, I"ll type it again. I think I have an idea for how Saruman could die. I have a chara(not in the DB) that is on the Dark Lord's side, but wants all the istari dead. What do you think.

If sound a little strest out right out, then you'd be correct. I'm having a not so good day, and everyone disappearing into the abyss isn't helping. I guess it's safe to say that if Dire or any one for that matter doesn't most in the next month or two, that she is not in the rp. The same goes for all of us.

Sorry for being so harsh in this post today, but I need to set out the facts of what's going on for the moment. Sorry.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 09, 2006 11:18
Sorry, I've been slightly busy myself with school and stuff... you know what I mean. Uh- well perhaps Dire is away on vacation or something? I just don't want to loose Dire cos well it'd be a shame to loose such a great writer, especially of Eomer! Have you checked if Dire has been online at all lately, since her last post in the rpg?

Sorry for my absense- I was gonna reply I just didn't know what to put exactly.... I'll go and try to come up with something now.

In response to your idea, Ariel- it could work, it is a possibility. I think it is cool and everything and I say go for it, but you'd better ask everyone else too!

Namarie,
~Arwen

PS- I'll update charrie list after posting in the rpg!
Dire
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 09:47
Sorry for the absence guys, I've been having things pile up against me so it's been a little rough.

But I'm back in the groove of things (and not suffering from major writer's block anymore).

I like that idea Ariel. It'll give us something more to worry about and I love added surprises.
Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 11:21
Dire is back! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! *hugs Dire* I missed you so much!

Hm..hm. Uhh.. sorry about that. Okay(like we did this anyway) everyone return Dore's charas to Dire. So far you all have agreed to my idea of the istari killer(except Legariel). So here is the little plot line with her, that will also give a reason to post with Saruman a little more. Her name, first of all, is *Sandy stop it!*((Sorry my cat is licking me at the moment. I know that sounds a little strange, but I think that she thinks she's a dog. Mostly because she fetches.)) Anyway her name is Sathra, and so far she's been sent to aid Saruman. But her lust for power and hate of the istari is stronger then anything else. What's really wierd is the fact that she's an istari herself.

((This is off subject, but does anybody else get the feeling that when Saruman dies that Sauron is waiting for a bag popcorn to watch the show?))

[Edited on 13/1/2006 by Ariel~the~Black]

[Edited on 15/1/2006 by Ariel~the~Black]
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 11:05
I must say to all of you sorry for my absense in the rpg. Last week I got a major load of homework from the teachers at school and I have steadily been working my way through it! Also yesterday evening I had a parent/teacher evening at my school for all the teachers to discuss with my parents my work over the past term so I was out of the house and offline for a few hours. Sorry for the delay but I have posted again and I only hope that people do not mind!

Ariel- I think that is a great idea and she sounds like a good character. If you need more reason for her to want Saruman dead you could have like I don't know... ummm... he killed her family or something. And she finds out. OMG- that sounded so rubbish and so cliche! Oh well can't blame me for trying! Anyway it sounds great Ariel, I think that'll be cool. And yes I do feel that Sauron is waiting for a bag of popcorn for when Saruman dies. Not sure which type of popcorn he'd go for though: sweet or salty? hmmm...

Namarie,
~Arwen
Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 02:12
I'll put her in the ooc. She as a lust for power and just hates all istari but herself. She's been sent by the Witch-king.

I don't think it would be salty because it would sting his eye.LOL
Ariel~the~Black
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2006 04:14
Okay, Gandalf and them could arrive at Edoras just after Eowyn and Grima get back. Eowyn could be changing back into her dress and Grima sits back in his chair. That way it fits in with the movie. Remember Eowyn coming into the main hall in the middle of Theoden's "healing". It could go like that. Would that be good? It going to take a lot of good timing, but we can do it!
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2006 07:38
okiedokie! Just tell me when to bring Gandalf to Edoras. Should Raith go as well?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email