Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
SpriteTheBunny
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Duath i Talt (free, unscripted go ahead and post)
on: April 18, 2006 12:35
Laerwen winced only a bit as Glwirain cleaned and bandaged her arm again. He worked as gently as possible, and she thanked him for his help. Glad that it was her left arm and not her right, she stood up to stretch her legs. She lightly flicked Lothwing on the ear and grinned at the older elleth. As she began to un-braid her hair and re-braid it again, she smiled at the two brothers wrestling on the ground.

Her older brother had often snuck up on her and attacked her when they were smaller children. Him being the older and stronger, the romps were more often than not ended with their mother reprimanding him for being too rough. She smiled at the thought and wondered what he was doing right now. Probably sleeping, she thought.

It was then that she realized how tired she actually was. I hope we sleep after we eat...

"Do you think we should wake Zephyr? He probably hasn't had anything to eat in a while. He does look rather skinny," she said with her hair band in her mouth. "Lothwing, will you help me with this please?" she asked. "I can't seem to get it parted straight." Her tangled golden-brown hair spilled onto her shoulders in a quite un-elf like fashion. "It might help if it wasn't so tangled..." she mused.

[Edited on 18/4/2006 by SpriteTheBunny]
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 12:59
Glwirain knew Kindan was coming; he had a habit of throwing things at his brother-normally things that would not harm him, although he had once tossed a berserker mouse his brother's way-and Kindan always tackled him directly after. Both brothers were physical, although Kindan did have a certain way with words that his brother tended to lack, and wrestling helped them cool down when they were angry. Both always ended up in a better mood than before, and so Glwirain had instigated one of their matches.
They wrestled noisily, laughing and shouting, until Kindan made a hissing sound and Glwirain rolled off him hastily, halting his merciless attack. "Are you alright?" Kindan nodded. Glwirain raised an eyebrow. "Where're you hurt?" he demanded, looking at his brother cryptically. Kindan shrugged off Glwirain's concern, pouncing on Laerwen's comment to get him out of trouble with Glwirain-his brother was overtly intolerant of ignoring wounds.
"We should wake him up," he agreed, starting to rise. Lohasan beat him to it and went over to wake up the boy.
Kindan watched Lohasan.
Glwirain glared at Kindan.
Callion just tried not to laugh.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 02:16
Laerwen flicked Lothwing's ear. "Will you help me with this, please?"

Lothwing took Laerwen's hair into her hands and began to pick out the knots. "Stop wiggling," she said, flicking Laerwen's ear in return. She used her fingernails to part her hair, and began to re-braid it as tidily as she could.

She heard the sounds of Kindan and Glwirain's scuffle behind her, then they stopped suddenly.

"Where're you hurt?" demanded Glwirain. Kindan tried to detain him by waking Zephyr.

"Listen to your brother!" Lothwing chided. "Ignoring your wounds is stupid. No offense."
SpriteTheBunny
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 02:25
Laerwen burst out laughing at Lothwing's remark. "Well you're very polite," she said between laughs. She thanked Lothwing for her help with her hair and finished off the braid, tying it with her hair band.

She watched Lohasan gently wake Zephyr up. She smiled at the fatherly interest he had taken in the child. Her thoughts were interupted by another growl of her stomach.

"Kindan, are you gonna finish skinning those rabbits? I'm hungry. I want to start cooking." She put on a mock-pout and attempted to look like a lost and hungry child. It didn't really work.

[Edited on 19/4/2006 by SpriteTheBunny]
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 03:02
Lothwing stuck out her tongue at Laerwen and tried to match her by looking like a mischivous child. It didn't work either.

"Turn your talents to where they're needed, dear child. I have no idea what that means, so forget that I said it." She twirled Laerwen's braids into a bun. "If you're going to cook, keep your hair back," she advised. "Listen to the wise old lady."
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 12:07
Zephyr rubbed his eyes and sat up when he felt someone shake him gently. He looked up to see Lohasan and Kindan.

"Are we going?"
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 02:25
Kindan grinned, putting on a 'God-preserve-us' face as Lothwing and Laerwen started fooling around, then shook his head slightly, relieved a diversion had been provided, and hurriedly finished skinning the rabbits.
"Do you need help cooking?" he asked Laerwen, glancing over to check on Mealtha as he spoke.

Lohasan grinned at Zephyr's sleepy inquiry. "Not yet. We're going to eat and sleep first, and then we'll go. Tonight, I would imagine."

((OOC: Now I think would be a good time for our dear Zephy to ask Lohasan if he's got any kids...)
SpriteTheBunny
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 02:45
"Well I don't have any pins to fix the bun with. I am smart enough to keep my hair out of some rabbit stew, you know," Laerwen replied to Lowthing's advice. She went over to where Kindan was finishing skinning the rabbits.

"Do you need any help cooking?" he asked.

"No thanks, I can do it," she replied with a smile. "All I need it my saddle... bags..." Suddenly Laerwen remembered about her horse. "Where is he?" she asked to no one in particular. She called her stallion's name, but no answering whinny came out of the early morning light. "He's... very obedient..." she said quietly after a moment. "I told him to get out of here during the fight, and he did." She fought back a tear that threatened to spill over her pale cheek.

She sniffed and brushed the tear away. "Well then, I suppose we'll just have to make do with what we can find around here, since all my cooking things are gone." Laerwen attempted to look cheerful, but the sadness in her eyes showed all too clearly.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 04:29
"We'll look for him after we've eaten," said Lothwing, trying to comfort Laerwen. "You and I can search the woods nearby."

She sighed and procured a spare bit of ribbon out of her pocket. "Hold still. I'm going to put your hair up again."

She glanced over to where a sleepy Zephyr was sitting and blinking. Lohasan evidently was taking a fatherly interest in the boy. It was rather cute.

Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 04:55
Méaltha came back with her little red flute and the brandy wine she'd stolen from her father's friends when she ran away from them. No, it had not been a very pleasant time, these last days. Especially not with her father getting drunk, all the time.

She shook her head to let the thoughts go away. "Look guys. I've got some really tasty peach flavoured brandy wine to complete our lovely dinner." she said with a voice full of joy.

The flute still remained in her bag. Later. she promised herself. Later she'll play the flute.

Then she put another branch on the fire, to make it warmer to cook. "Who's cooking?" she asked.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 05:11
"Laerwen," Lothwing replied. "Hey Laerwen, I might have some cooking supplies in my bag. I'm not sure, but I think I brought them along."

She sat down crosslegged. She thought she'd seen something that looked like a flute sticking out of Mealtha's bags. 'Maybe Mealtha, Laerwen and I can play a trio,' she thought to herself.
SpriteTheBunny
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2006 02:15
Laerwen too saw the flute sticking out of Mealtha's bag. As if in answer to Lothwing's thoughts, she said "My flute is in my saddle bags." She picked up the meat from the rabbits that Kindan had finished skinning and washed them in the lake. When it was as free as it would get of the blood, she brought the meat back to the campsite.

"All I'd really need is a pot and a ladel. Does anyone happen to have some cooking herbs?" she asked. "It might do to add some more flavor than just meat."

((I looked back on the first post and we actually are by a lake, but no one's really said anything about it yet.))

[Edited on 26/4/2006 by SpriteTheBunny]
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2006 09:50
"Mine are probably with my supplies. You can go fish them out yourself," said Lothwing, reclining lazily. "I'll watch the fire."

She flicked her gaze over to Zephyr. He was so skinny... maybe she should go ahead and help Laerwen. WIth a sigh, she pushed herself up and walked over to Laerwen. "Are we making stew?" she asked.
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2006 09:43
((You know what, guys? The guys are gone, cause Sill has disapeared. So, what about they are in the lake to wash themselves?))
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 11:26
((Um... Zeph's a guy. A little guy, but a guy none the less xD))
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 02:23
(ooc- sorry for not posting such a long time, but I didn't have a choice!)

Tinquendi came to herself, realizing her horse's head right infront of her face. After she started her bluff to iritate the attacking orcs a band of elves came to their aid, if she remembered right, and the surviving orcs ran away. Because she had just rounded the band of orcs to attack a second time from the rear, she now was between the filthy breed and their way to freedom...not the best place to be, as she should disvover soon enough. Anyways, the young peredhel did not turn around to flee herself, and a moment later something extraordinarily painful hit her on her left shoulder. She identified it as an arrow. As she was no longer able to hold the reins in this hand and holding the sword in the other, she turned her horse and sped away as far as she could manage before she fell off her horse, unconcious.
'Great!' Tinquendi thought, 'my backpack is still in the camp'. She pulled herself up and mounted her horse with some difficulty, realizing that she had either been knocked out a whole day, or not longer than a few hours.
Some time after she started out in the direction she figured the others should be, she saw that the fire was still going, Mealtha, Laerwen and Zephyr sitting around it. She rode up to the fire, faced the others, smiling a little ironic, and said: "Good morning to you, fair people! Would you mind me joining your little company?"
Her left side felt horrible, she had bruises all over, was tired, exhausted and thirsty, and as she realized some seconds later, could not force her stiff body to get off the horse on her own.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email